It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker's bonuses: 40% bigger this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Banker's bonuses: 40% bigger this year

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Bonuses at financial firms worldwide will increase by an average of 40% this year, according to an annual report released Monday.

Options Group, a New York-based executive search and compensation consultancy, said near-record revenues from fixed-income, commodities and foreign exchange trading will help push bankers' bonuses back up after a slump in 2008.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They have not even payed back the tax payers yet!!! This is insane to say the least. Actions like this go to show the intricate manipulation of the whole financial crisis. More and more proof keeps coming to surface that the bankers created and used the "financial crisis" for financial gain. If they can afford to pay themselves then they can afford to return our monies.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I think that is probably good news for the economy. It means the banks must be cutting deals and making money at a good clip these days or else the sales staff and managers would not be seeing a large increase in bonuses.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Sure with all the tax payer money that they have pocketed they really have all that money to burn, but with 10.2% unemployment in the nation as by government statistic actually is very incredible that banks are getting bonuses while the rest of the tax payer are finding themselves unemployed and destitute.

Only in America.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well some of them have already paid back the government for the TARP loans. So is it ok if they give bonuses?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My guess is the 'bonus money'

is in reality 'hush-money', to keep the exec's and independent brokers
quiet as to the iffy legal-or-fraudlent arrangements and documents
which are shot through the system...
the FED isn't the only one that needs to be secretive and operate covertly

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Well what can I say banking institutions are corporations they are "persons" so they have "rights to privacy" and the law protects them, now do you and I can get away with reaping the government of our hard earned tax payer money?

No, we don't, we are penalized and procecuted.

top topics

join