It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When E.T. Phones The Pope (Washington Post Article)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
For what its worth, the eastern orthodox church response to the possibility of extraterestrials has been "God has many kingdoms."
Its stated clearly in the bible. Is it really stepping out on a limb if you recognize, ghosts, spirits and deamon?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Of course that would mean that it is more plausible that the UFO phenomenon is a group of superhuman half-gods rather than people just like us only from a different place.

Sorry, but I'll take the humanistic approach on this one. All that demon talk and whatnot is what has been holding mankind back through the dogma of the Church for millenia now.

God I HOPE it is time for a new direction.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
, some of the "leaked" info coming out of the Secret UN Meetings last year was that religious leaders had been "ordered" to start preparing their followers for the possibility of life coming here from elsewhere.

The official prayer of the U.N. is Alice Bailey's,"Invocation of Lucifer".

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Demon's, Angel's or Alien's. Is there truly a difference? Likely not.

John 14:2
"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you".

I've always taken this to mean we are but a community in His House (The Universe).

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't remember the exact wording, but I read on the Zecharia Sitchin website that the Vatican has been in contact or communicating with his group. Zecharia Sitching is the author of Earth Chronicles, his books are non fiction and he basically explains from where almost all religions came from and the beginning of mankind. If the catholic church would have studied where it came from, they would have known about who made us. Maybe they knew all along but thought it was better to keep us blind to it?
I am still reading the first book, they are about 500 pages each and small print but it all seems to indicate that most of the religions copied the gods from the Sumerians and changed their names and the stories a bit. The Sumerians had gods that came from the heavens because of fights and other stuff, they where so advanced to the point that they used to resuscitate the dead, perform chemotherapy and other stuff that we do.
The old testament is kinda like a shorter version of all of the stories. The stories that the catholics and others have been talking about have to do with aliens, nephilims, human alien hybrids, etc. but with different words.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Elieser]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What exactly is a "Jesuit astronomer". I tried to look it up, but found very little as far as a definition.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
From what I was told, it is an astronomer that follows Jesus or that believes in Jesus. I guess that a regular astronomer doesn't necessarily believe in Jesus. Maybe it is a Vatican astronomer?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That article was seriously impressive. A well thought out piece of the true implication of the discovery of life elsewhere in the Cosmos. Religion, truly, has been the single most powerful force influencing the Human Race since we became aware- It influences world politics, it influences our sense of morality, it influences the way we perceive the universe around us. "We are Central" has to be weened out of us, if not, this very issue could cause wars and social instability around the globe. It would be prudent to meet this challenge as adults rather than spoiled children attempting to claim the Universe as our own.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
ok....... when are we going to hear about the conflict between the church & the true believers..... who proclaim aliens are demons & that the anti-christ will be launched ex project blue beam in 2012.......

karl; that sun article about converting the galaxy to islam was a killer...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

A super advanced species that performs chemo?

Sitchin was on the right track looking at the Sumerians, but he left common sense way behind in his theories.

For instance, how an orbiting body can strike another, knock half of its mass off of itself and have the struck body continue to harbor life while somehow morphing into a spheriod object once more.

Nice stories, but please take a grain of salt with them.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

how about the 'scientific' theories behind the origin of our moon?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well there are stories of scam UFO events as a front for a unified world government. Perhaps the angle will be the aliens putting the Pope in charge? More than one Pope has declared themselves the absolute owner of everyone and everything. The net we see certainly has a significant Vatican presence to it. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Of course the actual "scientific theories" of our Moon's devolopment are quite a bit more sound, although not unlike Sitchin's.

In real Science, the Earth was struck by another body, but while it was still in a molten state. Which therefore allows the body to fold in on itself and become spheroid once again.

In this model, there is no life in the first place as the planet is barely more than a ball of gas. In Sitchin's reality, this Earth was already harboring life and it continued to do so afterwards.

Eh, like I said, he was on the right track in looking at the Sumerian texts, but he sorta' blended them with a half understanding of actual Science in order to sell books to people who wouldn't question him on the finer points of the theories.

If this Earth was struck again by a planet of equal size, rest assured, we would all die.
Even if we survived the impact, we would NOT survive the altered orbital course around the sun... and that is just hoping that we would settle back into an orbit so future life could begin again. Which I'm not sure would happen.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
On a completely conspiratorial note, I find it interesting that we are having this discussion almost exactly one week after the release of the new V series. In the Pilot Episode of the new series we have two priests having almsot this exact discussion.

For those that read the article in the OP, you will find a mixed consensus amongst the different religious leaders. Some of which are saying that this makes a "mockery" of the Christian theology because the bible is human-centric in scope.

Or, in otherwords, if it is true, they must be demons.
And up to no good.

While on the other hand, the official position of the Church is one of acceptance in hopes that it will bring more to the faith.

Just an interesting note...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I laughed when I read this. So the catholic church thinks they can go "Save" brother alien. Because its "Gods" will.
That reminds me of what the east indian peoples did to the missionaries that came to there islands. To save there souls.
They ATE THEM.
Who's to say we humans arn't looked upon as simply FOOD by aliens from other worlds. Highly advanced. And have no belief system in foolishness.

Those stoggy old guys in black robes are going to get a quick awakening when THEy end up on the menu..

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Yeah, I thought that was quite commical also.

Word to the wise: If a species travels light years to contact you, do NOT try to force your beliefs on them. In all likelihood, they will be viewed as primative by the visitors.

Christians think they are having a rough of it now because people are more and moreso not wanting to listen to their superstitions, just imagine what the guys who came here from the Pleadies will have think.

Pope: "But listen, in Romans 5 Paul says..."

Pleadian: "Ummm... Yeah, Moses actually inhaled some oil being secreted by a bush and hallucinated that he was speaking to a God... and your people actually listened to that crap for over 2,000 years. Let me tell you how it really is."

Pope: "Blasphemy!!!"

Pleadian: "Alright then, you have been deemed unworthy of Galactic representation and you will now all perish."

And then, 1,000 years later, that Pleadian was actually God himself and we start the cycle over again.

Maybe one of these times we can get it right? Lets just listen to them, and not try and convert them, k?

[edit on 9-11-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Pope to TPTB:
We can't find anything.
When is this Disclosure thing.

If they find strange technology being touted we will know why
President Bush closed the doors on the technology secrets opened by
President Carter.
More than the Hydrogen bomb notes were taken out.

ED: Monty Python: No One Expects the Disclosure Inquisition.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I wonder how if aliens are shown to be real they will backtrack on all of it just being a hallucination, while for people who see God/Jesus ina dream that will still remain a hallucination?
It seems at the current time they're lumped into the same boat, if you will. I see the biggest blow coming not to religion, but to the "in" scientific community, who cover their tracks by saying with all the stars out there it is possible for alien life to exist, but anyone who sees an alien is hallucinating.

concerning aliens and religion, probably the most important thing for me to clarify are visitations in our universe, or vibration or whatever, and visitations that seem to happen in another. What will these entities have to say on that?
I'm fairly sure the pope has already publically acknowledged alien life, but it is interesting to see that they're still commenting on it and making announcements.

16-9-2008

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

"Father Jose Funes, a Jesuit astronomer, director of the centuries-old Vatican Observatory and a driving force behind the conference, suggested in an interview last year that the possibility of "brother extraterrestrials" poses no problem for Catholic theology. "As a multiplicity of creatures exists on Earth, so there could be other beings, also intelligent, created by God," Funes explained. "This does not conflict with our faith because we cannot put limits on the creative freedom of God."

And thus all problems with homosexuality were addressed and forgotten...

Oh wait... you mean you can only use that "Creative freedom of God" phrase when dealing with ET but not GAYJAY?

I applaud them for using this logic, however, it does appear it's being applied selectively here.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I don't see them being lumped into the same category at all. And this is actually the crux of the issue I take contention with on these matters.

Alien life is more probable on an order of multiple magnitudes when compared to an incarnate supernatural being.

Occams Razor my friend. Given the report of Ezekiel's Wheel, for instance, it is much more acceptable to a Scientific mind that this is an aerial vehicle powered by sentient, natural beings than it is to say it is powered by an all-powerful diety.

That being said, I believe God exists.

The point is that alien life is something worthy of Scientific pursuit while Godly life is, by definition, outside the realm of said pursuit.

No matter how far humans are able to advance, there will always be the question of "Why?"

Alien life is simply a matter of finding it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join