It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Atlantis America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demonis
There are blocks of stone within those structures (and others around the world) that are beyond any of our current (available) technologies to move.

In fact, it is this that is not entirely true.

The info is here at ATS. There is no stone that the ancients moved that we cannot. Anywhere on Earth.

Harte

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
Imagine a 2012 style disaster in the near future. Man cannot escape because of the Van Allen belts and we do not have the time or resources to save the human species - where is the only safe place for humans to escape to? Answer: use a time machine and escape to the past. It would certainly explain all the ancient seers.

If this is the case, then it follows that Atlantis etc are not necessarily ancient civilizations, but ones whose memory has been passed down from those who escaped into the past.

Look at it coldly and Atlantis bears a striking similarity to America of today.

Is Atlantis America?

I have a friend who has suggested that Atlantis was never a civilization in the time and context suggested, but rather, a prophesy for the future and America, is, Atlantis.

She will show you graphics of how Washington DC makes a good match for the desription of the Atlantis of antiquity. It is all quite impressive.

Personally, I just make noises like 'ooooh' and 'aaah'.

Who knows?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

Is Atlantis America?

No, the description given by Plato in no way resembles America.

A functioning time machine does actually exist in first prototype form at the University of Connecticut. So far they have send light back one millionth of a second.

I'm having trouble locating this with google. All I found was one article that discussed the possibility of it working and the funding needed to make a prototype.

Now the photons also drag down the time-space that is near them and as they are in a ring, the entire core becomes a time tunnel.

From my understanding, photon have no mass, so how are they able to drag space-time?

Build it big enough and a man could be sent down it.

Or nothing will happen as time travel is not feasible or possible.

Or was it built by the people of THIS GENERATION?

If it were built by people of this generation and considering the amount of rampant stupidity with this generation, I'm pretty sure we would have figured that out by now. The Egyptians built it alright, give credit where credit is due.

This leads to only one conclusion: humans and dinosaurs co-existed at least 65million years ago.

If I'm not mistaken, that has already been proved a hoax.

Since even a meteor cannot produce this, only a nuclear bomb, it would suggest that a nuclear bomb was detonated in Libyan over 10,000 years ago.

Much closer to twenty-six million years ago and according to some articles I have read, a meteor under certain conditions is capable of doing that. Hell, didn't they find the impact crater too?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Since even a meteor cannot produce this, only a nuclear bomb, it would suggest that a nuclear bomb was detonated in Libyan over 10,000 years ago.

Much closer to twenty-six million years ago and according to some articles I have read, a meteor under certain conditions is capable of doing that. Hell, didn't they find the impact crater too?

Yes, they did.

And I reported it right here at ATS at the time.

Harte

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Ah OK, I hadn't seen your post about it, but thanks for informing me.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gerg357
Ok there is a lot of things that blow the human mind including stoneheng (sp?) and the pyramids. This to me would be very difficult to do in thier time period. However. Time travel i dont think we will ever figure out. My reason is because if we did. How come there isn't anyone from the future here in our modern time?

First of all, as stated, they already have.

Secondly, there wold not be people from the future if there was no future. If the world is about to be destroyed, one can imagine Governments pushing technology to the limit to help a few escape to the past.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Secondly, there wold not be people from the future if there was no future. If the world is about to be destroyed, one can imagine Governments pushing technology to the limit to help a few escape to the past.

Why escape that far back or to different time periods? Why not go back enough where modern technology could be used to try and stop whatever impending doom was about to happen? Or to at least utilize modern technology to continue any research that was previously being conducted prior to the destruction that occurred. Come on boy, think!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Now the photons also drag down the time-space that is near them and as they are in a ring, the entire core becomes a time tunnel.

From my understanding, photon have no mass, so how are they able to drag space-time?

...By bolting on a particle that has mass or complex mass or negative mass.

If it were built by people of this generation and considering the amount of rampant stupidity with this generation,

Which proves my point...

Given a choice of living a great life bringing joy to the folk in primeval Egypt or... assembling a vaststone edifice, sensible people would live a great life.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

...By bolting on a particle that has mass or complex mass or negative mass.

From the one article I did read, the way they have it set up it would be impossible for them to do this. Do you have a link to a different set up where they can create this effect you describe?

Which proves my point...

Given a choice of living a great life bringing joy to the folk in primeval Egypt or... assembling a vaststone edifice, sensible people would live a great life.

I am going to disagree here, people from our time would most likely play God in my opinion, not build a few primitive monuments that any dimwit can put together. We should see more advancement in the past than we do today. We can see the progression of how they learned to construct pyramids. Where is all the computers used to design these things anyways? People today just don't have good enough memory to build something oh so complex as a pyramid.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

LIBYAN DESERT GLASS

One weird piece of evidence of ancient advanced technology is Libyan desert glass. Over 100 years ago, they found an area of Libyan desert covered with twisted bits of shattered glass. It made no sense. Efforts to put it together came up with nothing.

In 1944 that all changed. After the detonation of the world's first nuclear bomb, they found the desert at ground zero had turned into an identical situation with the same type of shattered glass everywhere from the heat.

I looked up the Glass desert in Lybia on wikipedia, and it goes to show you when a scientist don't know or can't figure out how something formed (in their established academic world view), they just ignore it or don't bother to bring it up again. And that is what they did, I read the SMALL article on this phenomenon and they said it was a meteorite that crashed, but where's the crater. Then they say it was a meteor that blew up in an air explosion but the evidence for that doesn't fit. They don't know but in the article they dated and said that it was formed 26 million years ago. Also, I still believe that at some long ago age well past 10,000 years ago we where a planet spanning civilization. Then some cataclysm happened (the flood) and it wiped out all but few relics of the civilization. Lets say this happened 50,000 years ago, how long would it take for nature to reclaim parts or all of this civilization. The sick thing is that there are people out there that know exactly what happened and what we are, but because of some dark secret they won't tell. Hell we could be going through cycles of rebirth and destruction toward civilization. We could have had a planet spanning civilization back a million years ago and something happened. Would a car sitting out in the elements or even on the street today, would it still be there or would it be just a rust patch on the ground.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Why escape that far back or to different time periods?

Because if one wold need to go far enough back to ensure that one was seen as a God, not just a witch in the Medieval era or a nutcase from the 18th Century onwards when one says that one is from the future.

Why not go back enough where modern technology could be used to try and stop whatever impending doom was about to happen? Or to at least utilize modern technology to continue any research that was previously being conducted prior to the destruction that occurred. Come on boy, think!

If one's technology now cold not stop it, what hope wold there be in the past? And one has to consider, what if it was a catastrophy that one cold not stop? Such as a solar flare?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i have crazy thoughts america could be atlantis too.

i heard something about the minoan civilization in Crete being the actual Atlantis race but who knows.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Because if one wold need to go far enough back to ensure that one was seen as a God,

How would they prove they were a God? I'm pretty certain forcing people to build a pyramid isn't quiet exactly God worthy.

not just a witch in the Medieval era

They couldn't just take on a different role other than witchery?

or a nutcase from the 18th Century onwards when one says that one is from the future.

Considering that time travel ideas were being developed around this period I would have trouble believing that one would be a nutcase if they could produce evidence through predictions of what's to come in great detail and accuracy as they would be memories for the future traveler of past events.

If one's technology now cold not stop it, what hope wold there be in the past?

If any research was being conducted during the time in attempt to stop it, then it would make sense to take that current research as it existed then to a past point where there would be enough time to further develop a solution to the problem. It makes no sense to travel back to walk with a T-Rex or build a pyramid.

And one has to consider, what if it was a catastrophy that one cold not stop? Such as a solar flare?

I am pretty certain that if we applied ourselves fully to the problem of a solar flare we would overcome it without resorting to sending people back to walk with T-Rex or build pyramids. This also doesn't solve the problem of why stay primitive for thousands of years instead of restarting civilization back up again.

I am also left perplexed with how they proved themselves to be God(s) in ancient times without modern technology. Without mythologies of the Gods coming from the future or any such fantastical tale as such. Why different time periods and not one time-line as an escape route? How did they have the time during this catastrophe to fire up the time machine to go to X amount of different time periods? What would be the reason to send someone back to walk with T-Rex is my biggest issue, that in itself is devoid of logic. Why not start civilization up that far back? Why are we not 65 millions of years more advanced than we are now to such a degree where a silly little solar flare would be child's play by the time the future catastrophe occurs?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

LIBYAN DESERT GLASS

Would a car sitting out in the elements or even on the street today, would it still be there or would it be just a rust patch on the ground.

i agree that most items would be rusted out over time but wouldnt you think there would be more found, like items made out of gold ,stainless steel
and glass objects would still be here for very long periods of time ...i dont know what the decay rate of stainless steel,gold or glass is .if someone knows please post im curious

[edit on 19-11-2009 by StumpDrummer]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

No. There is no Atlantis. It was a parable, one with political motivations. When Plato was debating the virtues of his "The Republic" in Athens, he told a story - A noble, heroic republic (that being Athens) versus a cruel, evil dictatorship (that being Atlantis). Naturally, Athens whips Atlantis' butt soundly, and then the gods basically blow the place up.

it was never thought of as a real place at the time this was all recorded.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I dont know if there is an Atlantis or not but I just wonder, why just about every continent has a story about it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join