It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ft. Hood Shooter Tried To Contact Al-Qaeda

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I find it quite comical that people the minute they hear a man's name and it sounds muslim that he is a terrorist. All religious groups at one time or another have killed innocent people for gain. But do we hear a Christian or Catholic name and think, oh that explains it? No of course not. Until it comes out that the person's religion is the cause I would say that he was one crazy ass bastard. Lets not attack a group as a whole, because for all you know it might not be due to his religion that caused this but the society that he was living in.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
so many examples in this thread of either taking things too far, or not far enough.

Yes, other people have gone nuts and killed people. And yes, we are at war with Radical Islam.

But don't be stupid and take it too far by over generalizing your point. You look silly

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadianmouse
I find it quite comical that people the minute they hear a man's name and it sounds muslim that he is a terrorist. All religious groups at one time or another have killed innocent people for gain. But do we hear a Christian or Catholic name and think, oh that explains it? No of course not.

I wonder when the last time this needs to be pointed out to the naive will be? The muslims are the ones killing people in the name of their religion around the world right now, NOT the other religions you named. Quit trying to pass off the Crusades from a thousand years ago for the jihad that is happening RIGHT NOW.

Until it comes out that the person's religion is the cause I would say that he was one crazy ass bastard. Lets not attack a group as a whole, because for all you know it might not be due to his religion that caused this but the society that he was living in.

C'mon, what kind of evidence besides him screaming allahu akbar (god is great) before he started shooting, or his former imam telling everyone that more muslims need to do the same thing do you need?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I wonder when the last time this needs to be pointed out to the naive will be? The muslims are the ones killing people in the name of their religion around the world right now, NOT the other religions you named. Quit trying to pass off the Crusades from a thousand years ago for the jihad that is happening RIGHT NOW.

C'mon, what kind of evidence besides him screaming allahu akbar (god is great) before he started shooting, or his former imam telling everyone that more muslims need to do the same thing do you need?

Because someone is screaming God is Great doesn't mean that they are doing it because of their religion. It just means that they believe in God. Do you know anything about the Muslim religion? Muslims do not fear death the way we do because it is the beginning on the end.

Also I understand Jihad is happening right now but I also know that the American society tends to single out people due to their nationality or religion of when it comes to a war they are fighting. You need to stop assuming that religion is the reason. There were reports that this man was taunted due to his religion for years. If that is so, then maybe what he pulled was more like Columbine then a Jihad. Maybe he was sick of bullies and what they do. Adults can be bullies too. And over time it does get to some people and maybe with the factor he already had problems it just made it click.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Because someone is screaming God is Great doesn't mean that they are doing it because of their religion. It just means that they believe in God. Do you know anything about the Muslim religion? Muslims do not fear death the way we do because it is the beginning on the end.

Do you? I do know that "fair number" including the hijackers from 9/11 screamed "god is great" at the last minute (from the cockpit voice recorders). So, how about you quit pretending that people anywhere and everywhere all scream out god is great and then start killing people? Quit being the appeaser/apologist.

Also I understand Jihad is happening right now but I also know that the American society tends to single out people due to their nationality or religion of when it comes to a war they are fighting. You need to stop assuming that religion is the reason.

Be happy to, but we can't seem to get any other groups besides radical (not all) muslims to go out and commit the mass murders we'd need in order to make your comment stand up.

There were reports that this man was taunted due to his religion for years. If that is so, then maybe what he pulled was more like Columbine then a Jihad. Maybe he was sick of bullies and what they do. Adults can be bullies too. And over time it does get to some people and maybe with the factor he already had problems it just made it click.

Choice if taunted by the people in the military about your religion:
1 - quit the military and find something more suited to the practice of your radical muslim faith. He was supposed to be an officer, intelligent and a psychiatrist, for God's sake. So, you're going to try and justify his actions with elementary-level psycho-babble?
or
2 - kill as many of the infidels as you possibly can.

This guy chose number 2, and there's no way you can explain it away.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I do believe the biggest Christian society in the world has committed a lot of murders. Ever hear of the Klan? We all know that they killed Catholics, Jews, Black people. All while covered for the Christian belief. Yet every time we see a white person we don't assume he is killing because he may be apart of a radical movement.

Also for the God is Great scream, we don't know for sure he said that. All we know is that that victims think they heard it.

And last but not least, I understand you are at war with religious fanatics but I am disgusted and amazed that every one that is a Muslim that commits a crime is automatically in contact or tied to Al Queda. Why not give that group more power then they truly have? They probably never even heard of the guy.

I am in no way standing up for the guy, I think he is a crazy ass psycho who killed a lot innocent people. My heart goes out to their families. I just don't believe in feeding the fear until the facts are there. Stuff that will probably come out in court.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I do believe the biggest Christian society in the world has committed a lot of murders. Ever hear of the Klan? We all know that they killed Catholics, Jews, Black people. All while covered for the Christian belief. Yet every time we see a white person we don't assume he is killing because he may be apart of a radical movement.

Utterly ridiculous. I am tired of this sad and pathetic attempt to suggest that Christian churches were connected to the murders perpetrated by the KKK.

Answer me this, my friend. Can you point me to Christian Churches and Christian clergy that ACTIVELY encouraged the Klan to murder blacks? If you can't then your attempt has failed.

There are MUSLIM CLERICS who are recruiting and encouraging extremists to murder what they call "infidels." If you choose to support that kind of behavior then I think that speaks volume for the kind of person you are.

Keep making excuses for murderous scum. Good luck with that.

And please don't even attempt to paint my post as condemnation of Muslims. I speak only of fraud clergy and gutless extremists...not the majority of Muslims who would never seek to hurt another human being.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I tell you the Court of the Media and the Court of Public Opinion swayed by the Media sure do go hand in hand with the War on Terror. No evidentiary standards, no burden of proof, no attorneys or judges to object, challenge, sustain or overrule. No need for real evidence just the right innuendo and third party statements to get people to emotionally draw conclusions. No need for a real Jury when you don’t even need real evidence to really condemn not just a person, but entire nations and religions.

Got to be honest, our forefathers would not in fact recognize some of these self described and self proclaimed Americans these days.

How does one attempt to contact El Qaeda without actually contacting El Qaeda? Smoke signal, two line adds in news papers, going to a Mosque that it’s alleged someone else went to who went to another Mosque whose from a country that borders a country?

Donald Trump at least says show me the money!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I love how some people call this stuff evidence of something...

Per CNN

Robert Foster, who was wounded in the hip during the attack, reported Hasan shouted "Allahu Akbar" -- Arabic for "God is great" -- which Islamic terrorists have used as a battle cry.

"I was sitting in about the second row back when the assailant stood up and yelled 'Allah Akbar' in Arabic and he opened fire," Foster, 21, said Monday on CNN's "American Morning."

Foster said he wasn't sure "Allahu Akbar" was exactly what Hasan said, noting that "with that much adrenaline, you tend to forget things."

Excuse me you aren't sure? Could that be because everyone assumes right before someone who is Islamic does something violent they shout? "Alllah Akbar"?

This alleged statement alone has many people certain it's terrorism and the person who is alleging it was said isn't even sure?

Wow!

How about this one also per CNN

U.S. military officials said intelligence agencies intercepted communications between Hasan and Anwar al-Awlaki, a former imam at the Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, a suburb of Washington. Al-Awlaki, who left the United States in 2002 and is believed to be living in Yemen, was the subject of several federal investigations dating back to the late 1990s, but was never charged.

Intelligence agencies intercepted communications from Hasan to al-Awlaki and shared them with other U.S. government agencies, U.S. military officials told CNN on Monday. Federal authorities dropped the inquiry into Hasan's communications after deciding that the messages warranted no further action, one of the officials said.

In a statement issued Monday night, the FBI said one of its Joint Terrorism Task Forces -- which included Pentagon, state and local investigators -- "assessed that the content of those communications was consistent with research being conducted by Maj. Hasan in his position as a psychiatrist at the Walter Reed Medical Center [in Washington]."

"Because the content of the communications was explainable by his research and nothing else derogatory was found, the JTTF concluded that Maj. Hasan was not involved in terrorist activities or terrorist planning," the FBI said.

Excuse me his contacts with so called terrorists where academic related and had nothing to do with terrorism?

Yet here in the court of public opinion where details and substance mean nothing just sound bites that can be twisted to mean something with the addition of social commentary already have the man convicted!

Some of the people rushing to conclusions here really are too much!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yet here in the court of public opinion where details and substance mean nothing just sound bites that can be twisted to mean something with the addition of social commentary already have the man convicted!

Some of the people rushing to conclusions here really are too much!

To be honest, as far as this sub human is concerned, why he did it should have no bearing on the punishment. He should die a slow, terrible death and then perhaps we can feed his remains to wild animals.

Let his loved ones feel the same level of pain he inflicted on the families of innocent service men and women.

The world will be a better place when he is no longer among us.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Utterly ridiculous. I am tired of this sad and pathetic attempt to suggest that Christian churches were connected to the murders perpetrated by the KKK.

Answer me this, my friend. Can you point me to Christian Churches and Christian clergy that ACTIVELY encouraged the Klan to murder blacks? If you can't then your attempt has failed.

There are MUSLIM CLERICS who are recruiting and encouraging extremists to murder what they call "infidels." If you choose to support that kind of behavior then I think that speaks volume for the kind of person you are.

And please don't even attempt to paint my post as condemnation of Muslims. I speak only of fraud clergy and gutless extremists...not the majority of Muslims who would never seek to hurt another human being.

I have never once made an excuse for any murderer. But you point fingers that it is due to his faith first before anything.

Secondly how do we know that there aren't pastors among those that walk in sheets? There are many in the Klan that refuse to announce who they are yet they do hide behind the word of God and twist their religion to the way they wish to live.

Just like there are Christian cults, (Jim Jones, Waco, ) and they did kill people as well as themselves. And the preached to kill outsiders.

What I am pointing out is that there are plenty of crazy religous people out there but Muslims seem to be the only ones that right away must be tied with terriorists yet when we hear a white persons name they just think crazy bastard. We need to move past that. Otherwise we are just reliving what they did to the United States over and over again. It isn't helping anyone heal by tying everything into terrorism when it may not be.

At what point have I even said I accept terrorists? I never have once condoned their behaviour. I am stating that first lets get all the correct facts instead of reading lines that aren't there yet. Not every muslim is tied to terrorism.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Yeah because a poor innocent peaceful muslim couldn't possibly have done this. Poor innocent muslims, they are the victims of America and we shouldn't bother them. Awwwwww.

Originally posted Genus
I don't know though, something tells me this guy might just be a scapegoat for something someone else did. With the CIA and MSM jumping on it quick, and knowing the track record of both lying, I tend to take them as just a "little" untrustworthy as to this situation. Kinda seems like an excuse to keep pushing "The War on Terror."

This is what makes this the greatest country in the world. Our government lies to the people in order to make them feel better for invading other countries. And those that have figured it out aren't persecuted (as long as they live within our borders) because we'll just invade someone else in another 4 years!

[edit on 11/10/2009 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmarehalo
This is what makes this the greatest country in the world. Our government lies to the people in order to make them feel better for invading other countries. And those that have figured it out aren't persecuted (as long as they live within our borders) because we'll just invade someone else in another 4 years!

[edit on 11/10/2009 by nightmarehalo]

Great. How about you take your anti-AMerican sentiment somewhere else while many mourn the death of Americans in Ft Hood.

Meanwhile, watch the execution of the Beltway sniper, a muslim, who killed people a few years back in the name of Islam too.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Also I understand Jihad is happening right now but I also know that the American society tends to single out people due to their nationality or religion of when it comes to a war they are fighting. You need to stop assuming that religion is the reason. There were reports that this man was taunted due to his religion for years. If that is so, then maybe what he pulled was more like Columbine then a Jihad. Maybe he was sick of bullies and what they do. Adults can be bullies too. And over time it does get to some people and maybe with the factor he already had problems it just made it click.

How about if we try this.
Let's not allow this shooter to cry "victimization".
He was not a victim. He is a killer.
Can we understand that?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I never once stated he was a victim. I am stating that there are other reasons other then religion as to why he did what he did. I don't think anything he did was right. I don't believe in killing another human being, for revenge or for justice.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I never once stated he was a victim. I am stating that there are other reasons other then religion as to why he did what he did. I don't think anything he did was right. I don't believe in killing another human being, for revenge or for justice.

No there's not another reason other than religion. Look at the transcripts from Mousoui and Kalid Shiek Mohammed and other muslims who committed acts like this. They admit it was in the interest of Islam and by Sharia Law that they did these acts which are legal in their minds.
From their own mouths, yet we think they are some kind of victim of society and can't possibly be influenced by religion.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

No there's not another reason other than religion. Look at the transcripts from Mousoui and Kalid Shiek Mohammed and other muslims who committed acts like this. They admit it was in the interest of Islam and by Sharia Law that they did these acts which are legal in their minds.
From their own mouths, yet we think they are some kind of victim of society and can't possibly be influenced by religion.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

I have never once made an excuse for any murderer. But you point fingers that it is due to his faith first before anything.

Take your blinders off. ALL the evidence points to they guy doing this because of his religion.

Secondly how do we know that there aren't pastors among those that walk in sheets? There are many in the Klan that refuse to announce who they are yet they do hide behind the word of God and twist their religion to the way they wish to live.

Just like there are Christian cults, (Jim Jones, Waco, ) and they did kill people as well as themselves. And the preached to kill outsiders.

PATHETIC deflection attempts.

What I am pointing out is that there are plenty of crazy religous people out there but Muslims seem to be the only ones that right away must be tied with terriorists yet when we hear a white persons name they just think crazy bastard. We need to move past that. Otherwise we are just reliving what they did to the United States over and over again. It isn't helping anyone heal by tying everything into terrorism when it may not be.

Again, remove the blinders and stop deflecting. This thread isn't about the KKK, or Christians, or Jim Jones.

At what point have I even said I accept terrorists? I never have once condoned their behaviour. I am stating that first lets get all the correct facts instead of reading lines that aren't there yet. Not every muslim is tied to terrorism.

You don't have to use those exact words for everyone to understand your agenda.

Too bad that mohammed didn't write in the koran that god commands muslims that are not happy with their situations to only kill themselves. ]/b]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yes your right, silly me. I am a white woman for terrorist agenda. Thank you for reading between the lines!
(so far from the truth. I disagree with terrorism all the way. I hate hearing about all the terrorist attacks that have gone down over seas and on American soil. )

You are the reason many stereotype American's. You don't see different people. You see people out to get you if they are different.

Until it comes out in court that this guy was a radical muslim, I would say he was just a crazy ass psycho who harmed innocent people. That is what I have been saying all along. But I will not start pointing fingers at the Muslim faith just because this guy was a Muslim. Just because he is a Muslim doesn't mean he tried to contact Al-Qaeda. (Just because I say this doesn't mean I am for the Muslim religion either. Religion itself is a very corrupted concept but that is for another thread. I just rather find out why the hell this person did what they did. But it seems lately everyone jumps the gun on anything that happens that is tied to a person of Muslim decent. that they must be with Al-Qaeda.If every Muslim is with Al-Qaeda then truly we are screwed.)

[edit on 10-11-2009 by canadianmouse]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Excuse me you aren't sure? Could that be because everyone assumes right before someone who is Islamic does something violent they shout? "Alllah Akbar"?

I remember the attack on Heathrow airport in UK
Remember the car crashed into the airport.... was it heathrow?
Anyhow, it was an england airport

and one of the guys had explosives in his car and he was running around while on fire
I mean all on fire, i mean his body completely on fire all over
people said he was screaming "Allah" "Allahhhhhhh"

I found that amusing, someone who is completely in fire is able to scream a name

No, I'm sure that a muslim man completely envelopped in burning fire wouldn't scream "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh", no no he would scream "allahhhhh"

Some people are so naive I swear

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join