It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hopeless ramblings of a high youth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
*SNIP* I wrote over 5 pages of thoughts in 30 minutes and condensed it to two pages th...Im curious as to whether it seems logical.

Establishing yourself with another person, it’s the most basic things us as humans do, but it can be the hardest. Everything you think of anyone you know comes from two things: What you have said to them, and what others have said about you to them. The side we choose to show to them, is the basic opinion they have of us, so if you are nice to them…they will generally see you as a nice person. When talking to someone, the only way to connect with them is to try to become them, they should be your world for that small moment in time. Our biggest fear is our own self doubt of what we think people think of us, or what they will think of us if we say something they don’t want to hear. . I say this in the most repetitive form, when talking to a person, become that person and search to learn everything about them. And when you learn more about them, a part of you they become. We are caught in the worlds of sobriety, and all sobriety brings is doubt. Everyone wants to tell their side of the story, so when you are there to listen, they form a special bond with you that can only grow.
So approaching a person should never be a hard thing, as it seems to be for so many people. You have to block out what others will think of you, and what you think that person thinks of you and then go and try to talk to and become that person. Because in reality, no one really does not like you, unless they have a direct reason to. If someone ignores you, its generally because they are intimidated to start a conversation with you, because they don’t know what to say…we have all went through that. We are just one person, and to become a bigger person we must learn. The only way to learn is to become closer with people and learn more about them…because every person is different, every word has a different meaning to a different person. In short, whatever you think a person think about you is what they do think about you…because you can never know what they truly think about you. You learn one emotion out of a million when talking to someone, and the one person out of 6 billion there are is just one piece of knowledge about our world. All the world is, is a collection of thoughts from all people….and not one person can hold all of that information, but we can do our best to try. From others emotions and experiences, you can only add to your own. As you struggle to break the constraints of what you think a person thinks about you, then you can have less self doubt, and less self doubt leads to a less paranoid life. No opinion is ever set on you by any one person ever, that opinion is always set to change and grow as you change and grow with it.
The bottom line is karma is a bitch, but it’s the truest thing about this world. If you are nice to everyone, you kill two birds with one stone...because you are nice to your face, and the ones who talk about you will also think your nice, so there is nothing bad that can ever be said of you. As soon as people realize that, the happier the world will be. As soon as you say something bad about someone, or make fun of someone, is as soon as it will bite you in the ass. If you are nice to someone in person, but make fun of them behind their back then you look two-faced. And if you ignore them in real life, and they hear bad things about you, then you’re a creep. It’s remembering simple things like that, that change your life.
Guidelines:
1. If you see someone not conversating with anyone, go and talk to them….no one in this world is weird, we just all have different needs and different ways of showing it…we all have the same basic emotions.

Mod Edit: Removed comments concerning illegal substances. Terms & Conditions Of Use (See: 2e and 2e.i)
– Please Review This Link.

Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, is strictly forbidden.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
2. Ask them about themselves, learn about them, and become closer with them…everyone wants to tell their side of the story, so listen to them and they will grow fond of you and come to you more often.
3. Don’t pressure them to talk to you. If they don’t want to or seem uninterested just leave them alone and try again some other time. Its like a text message, sending a text message is like you giving them a gift of knowledge from you…they send you one back if they want to talk to you….and if they don’t do not keep trying to pressure them to talk to you.
4. Do not become friends with anyone if they are going to change your base values on life. Try to steer away from them people if you see this happening to you. But anyone else in the world, Is a person worth talking to.
5. You can become friends with anyone you want to…no one is greater than anyone else, our minds just give that illusion. We only know about the problems people tell us about themselves, and what we hear from others...so things get distorted easily. Like the word game in kindergarden where you pass a sentence around the classroom. It takes practice, but you can do it.
All anyone in this world wants In this world is to be liked. And people want to learn to like us, if they see a lot of others like us or they have a reason to like us. Our boss pays the bills, so even if he is an asshole to our face, you have to do what he says because you have one motive to like him…money. If someone in a group seems more popular than the others its because of one of two things. They either have something else everyone wants (money,girls,fame,etc etc) or they have a lot of people that like them. As soon as more people like you, the more that other people will want to like you. Its all just simple give and receive.
Do not take in a conversation as a whole. Concentrate on what one is saying and translate that and talk back to them, dont try to speak to everyone in the party. Do nothing to hurt anyone, and no one will do anything bad to you (if they know you). If someone who doesnt know you hurts you, then its okay to hurt them back. You are only stupid is if you see the world as a whole. A person who is smart sees the world each as individual pieces. The biggest words in our world is like,love,want, need, etc...because all those worlds imply two complete opposite things...things that humans need. Like we all want to be liked, and loved, and wanted, so you must show that side of yourselves to others for them to communicate back with you and trust you. Everyone gets what they deserve, if you are a nice person then others will treat you nice…its impossible not to. The only thing that nice people carry with them is the trait of being shy. When you are shy, you communicate with less people, thus creating less of a talk about you among other people, and a lack of close relations with you. Everyone ends up where they deserve...someone may seem nice but may not be happy because of bad things they do not tell you about (but you don’t know that side). If you leave an open mind, and are willing to communicate with anyone and approach them, you will be pleasently suprised what you can learn and the friends you can meet. Like i said, no person in the world is weird...we are all the same basic human in the end.

It may be total bull# I wrote, but I feel changed from writing it and trying to live it...it seems to have opened up a new door for me.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Nostradumbass]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Your suggestions would make the whole world a better place, and of course their are those of us who do go out of our way to include a person who is standing idly by ( metephorically and for real) and truly feel bad to see a person made fun of, ect. But headlines today tell me that the youth are becoming more and more violent, ruthless, senseless in crime, indicating a desensitized generation. I do hope your thread does not get shot down because of your mention of smoking before writing, but if it does, know that your head is in a good place.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

S & F.

You make a lot of valid points.

For one so young you are very wise, mj notwithstanding.

I love your username, although you are definitely not dumb.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hey there! Did you just write this? I quite like it. I'm sure I'm older than you, cause I don't describe myself as a youth anymore, haha, but, I've been following this idea of communicating my whole life. It definitely works for me!

Keep posting your musings as a "high young one", I'd love to read more!

xxxx
Prax

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I just noticed your name on here...haha, very funny!

When I was 18, lots of 18 yr olds were doing drugs back then as well. It's a passage of youth. As long as it doesn't take over your life, or is strongly brain damaging, then I don't see much of a problem with it. Alcohol is a drug, a legal one, that many people have more of a problem with than with any other one I can think of.

Be cool. I enjoyed your post!

xxxx
Prax

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i cant say i read the whole post, but from what i could understand, your single and want to find a partner, take it from me, after a 10 year bender on the marry warry all of a sudden i wondered where the time had gone, lay off it for a bit and start talking to people soon your life will be better

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by THELONIO

Explain a little bit better? I am single, and just got out of a relationship...so I guess thats right to an extent. And thats my plan...the only way to grow is to talk to new people and do more of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I seem to have noticed that judging someone based on how old they are is typically about as accurate as judging someone based on their race. But then what do I know? I'm only 21 myself.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought this was another thread smack-talking the transcendental ideas and language batted around this area of the site. I was pleasantly disappointed!

OP made too much sense to me. Maybe I'm just buzzing too and too far gone to remember? Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Man the posting violations on drugs are pretty harsh here...next time I wont mention it lol

new topics

top topics

join