It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does passed healthcare change for me??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by NickT916
Im still confused with all this healthcare business and what who gets when and how... Im sure a lot of people here are also confused and concerned as to what to expect. Many of us are in different situations so it might effect different people differently.

Here is my situation, my healthcare coverage is depended on the previous months hours works. In order for me to receive benefits next month i need to work 10 days 8 hours a day in this month... so basically 80 hours this month, would give me full benefits next months.

That being said, how would this obama care effect me for the months that i do have coverage and for the months that when i dont have coverage? I dont have healthcare every month because of lack of work and i dont get 80 hours every month

would i get a fine during the month of not having healthcare and then if next month once i get healthcare would i just ignore that fine and say... oh well, i do have healthcare!! i try to get enought hours to have benefits, but its been really hard lately.

I do not believe you, to put it simply. It is not feasible to insure someone for one month and not the next month and then again the next month. So if you qualify for insurance one month and get cancer and can't work the next month , then you no longer have insurance? You start feeling better and work 80 hours and all of a sudden the insurance company will start covering your cancer treatment again? I just don't buy it. I know of no insurance company that would wrok on that basis.

I could see you staying insured and the company paying when you worke enough and you paying when you don't work enough but not the scenario that you posted.

if i go on disability its a different story, however if i just choose to not work and not get my 80 hours them im not covered for next month. I get a letter in the mail if i dont have enough hours, saying that my insurance has been terminated and if i want insurance for this month i have to pay about $1500 for the coverage that i had

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You will have to have some kind of coverage that you will have supplied from an employer, or that you pay for by yourself, from what I understand.

If you don't have coverage, you will be fined. It is sort of like not having car insurance. Face penalties if you don't.

Nice, huh?

It should be interesting, considering how many people can't even afford groceries these days.

It will be interesting to see how many unemployed people choose to pay for food, other that health insurance. I am sure that unemployment will be forced to deduct it from benefits, but what about folks who drop off the unemployment rolls?

I think that we are going to see a lot of revolt and protest over this one. Especially if the unemployment "official" rate of over 10% persists. The real numbers are much higher than they are telling us.

<< 1   >>

join