It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask what you would like about the bible and christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TangoVooDoo

That is just to funny. My bad. I should have re-read everything a little better before jumping the gun.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by resonance
the punishment for sin was a physical death..the punishment for not accepting gods gift of salvation is spiritual death..to understand how jesus paid for our sins you have to look at old israelite customs...if a father died and had a debt it carried over to his son and so on and so forth until the debt was paid..no man could pay for our debt because we are born in sin..this is why the virgin birth was necessary and why jesus was able to pay our debt

If that is true, then why do people still die if Jesus died for their sins? Looks to me like people are still dieing for their sins if what you say is true. We all die.

So which is it? Did he die for your sins or didn't he?

Also, if we are going to go by old israelite customs, then doesn't that mean that Isiah is referring to a "young woman" rather than virgin?

I understand way more than you think I do, I already know the answers to these questions, I am asking to see if you know. The penalty for sins is not physical death, the penalty for sins is the death of the soul. Jesus doesn't die for your sins in the manner you present it, he dies to show you the proper way to keep the commandments, in the hopes that if you believe him you will follow and keep the commandments.

Thus why Jesus says fear not those who can kill the body, but that which can kill the soul.

The entire sacrifice part of Christianity is the base of Satanism. Which is to say the truth must be sacrificed in order for the lie to live. While Christians worship the death of Jesus, the death of the truth I find that the true salvation was in his life, not his death.

I asked to see if you were one who worshiped the death of Jesus, or one who looked to his life for the truth. Had you been one who looked to his life for truth, you would have been able to answer correctly and wouldn't be full of contridictions.

on question number 2..there is a thing called accountability..the problem is when you willing reject God's gift..children arent held accountable and neither are people who never hear the gospel (people in jungles or something perhaps)...also before jesus everyone went to sheol based on the OT laws

But you do not show me god's gift. You show me mans replacement. God's gift is wisdom and understanding. Which is available to any who find the father early.

Proverbs 8

8All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Had to cut some out for space, but I recommmend reading the entire thing. It continues into Proverbs 9.

Proverbs 9

1Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

3She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

See that? You may notice it sounds alot like the last supper. There is a reason for that, Jesus represents Wisdom and understanding, or as some Christians might say "the word in the flesh".

Also take notice that knowledge of the holy is understanding. Why does Jesus speak in parables? To give people understanding. What is the difference between those with ears, or those who can "hear"? Understanding.

Psalm 111

7The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

9He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

See that? Those who keep the commandments have a good understanding. So, Jesus gives the understanding needed in order to keep the commandments.

John 14

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

But you take this understanding, and you ignore it. You call other things "God's gift". He gave his life in order to try and give people proper understanding, he served the people, and instead you worship his death, wear a cross and turn to idolism.

So if you want to talk about "God's gift", can we atleast make sure we know what the gifts from the father are?

please show me where number 3 is in the bible so i can clarify..most problems like this are people taking things out of context

Ummm, are you saying you are unfamiliar with the story of the rich man who approaches Jesus, Jesus saying it's easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than a rich man into heaven?

Anyway, Mark 10, starts at verse 17.

number 4..i dont understand what you are trying to show..if you take the verse right before that one..its obvious jesus is just trying to explain that he is there to help sinners not help righteous...

Actually, Jesus is quoting the OT there. Hosea 6. I am saying - go learn what it means.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Neo__

the book of job is older than the books of moses...but, the story of the bible was taught before the bible or the Septuagint was put together..go look in to the hebrew mazzaroth

But we we're talking about Genesis being written by Moses. You made the claim these other religions didn't predate the Old Testament, suggesting that "maybe all these ancient religions drew from the OT" How could this be so if Moses lived, in some cases, thousands of years after these other religions?

Is it simply because you claim that the "bible was taught before the bible or the Septuagint was put together". Hmmmm....sounds like a sandy foundation you're coming from here.

Also, I looked in the hebrew word "mazzaroth". It seems to mean in general "The consecrated or holy; the twelve constellations of the zodiac. The more common form of the word is Mazzaloth [from nazal to flow, distill, run]". I'm not sure of your point here.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

reply to post by oliveoil

manasseh and ephraim shouldnt be there..they were josephs kids..not jacobs

[edit on 11-11-2009 by resonance]

I know Jacob had twelve sons who were the twelve tribes.

Thats not the question that I am asking.

The question that I am asking is why are these same descendants rearranged at different times into different groups of twelve with Josephs kids.

Genesis 46
Numbers 26
Rev 7

If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

Just because the story was written by Moses doesnt mean it didnt exist before then

the mazzaroth was used to teach the plan for man's redemption well before the law was given

if you go to youtube.com and type "chuck missler signs in the heavens" he does a very in depth study on the mazzaroth..also the information is all over the internet

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

This is the best explanation i have found for your question...gracethrufaith.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

This is the best explanation i have found for your question...gracethrufaith.com...

Well that explains everything.Thanks for the reply back.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join