It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to me? Weird dreams...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here are two dreams I have had.

1) I am swimming underwater, minding my own business, and scuba diving, and it turns night time. Then the sharks come out. The shark tries to attack me. I have something like sleep paralysis, but I can feel it while dreaming. I can wiggle a bit though, and it's not a full paralysis. I also have this sharp pain in my side like it is getting drilled into, then I wake up, and it is gone.

2) A clown is chasing me, and It gets me and starts tickling me. While I was being tickled, I had the pain.

I have had many more dreams with the pain, but those are the two that stick out.

Could anyone tell me what is happening? It may or may not be paranormal.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Maybe you watch to many movies.
and I 2nd that line.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

2) A clown is chasing me, and It gets me and starts tickling me. While I was being tickled, I had the pain.

When I was a little kid/toddler I had a dream(or maybe I was awake, felt real) of a clown hand with white gloves coming out of the wall towards my cot or bed and tickling me, damn scary.

Did your clown have white gloves? just out of curiosty.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

When I was a little kid/toddler I had a dream(or maybe I was awake, felt real) of a clown hand with white gloves coming out of the wall towards my cot or bed and tickling me, damn scary.

Not that I remember, all I remember was that it was a clown.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

OK. LOL the tickling is annoying right.

P.S I had a dream/astral projection with pain once.

I was in this neighbourhood at night, I was thinking to myself hmm what should I do. So I decide to enter a random house.

I go through the front door and walk towards the sitting/living room, it is dark there. To my suprise I see 4 people standing still in the middle of the room in a row, in the darkness, just staring at me in a creepy way.

As I walk closer towards them, it felt really creepy, I looked at their faces, and they slowly started shapeshifting into faces of grey aliens. Then I started to feel a strange pain in my stomach, and I woke up.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Interesting. How long has it been going on? Any pain when you are awake?

Maybe if you post more dreams someone can help but it sounds a little sketchy for now.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Hi,

Perhaps you are being alerted by your mind to a yet unknown/undiagnosed medical problem? Kidney stone's, gall bladder problems etc

You say the clown tickled you and you felt pain, was it the same side that you felt the pain with the shark?

Just wondered, you never know.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by urwatu8
reply to post by Phlynx

Interesting. How long has it been going on? Any pain when you are awake?

Maybe if you post more dreams someone can help but it sounds a little sketchy for now.

Good luck.

No, it does not happen when I awake, or when I am awake for that matter. I don't really remember any of the dreams where it has happened, I just know it has happened more than these times.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by Phlynx

Hi,

Perhaps you are being alerted by your mind to a yet unknown/undiagnosed medical problem? Kidney stone's, gall bladder problems etc

You say the clown tickled you and you felt pain, was it the same side that you felt the pain with the shark?

No, it's never the same side. It's on my back/side area, sometimes it is farther back, sometimes it is on the side. It isn't very regular either.

Sometimes I get a less painful version of this when I feel dehydrated. Maybe I'm dehydrated while I am sleeping, and being asleep just strengthens it?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hi there.

Have you been going through any emotional pain/changes lately?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yes I would say dehydration could possibly give you back/side pain, then the cure to these freaky dreams would be water, maybe?

Yes, you need to drink more water and dream less

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

swimming underwater
sharks come out
sleep paralysis
sharp pain in my side

My first impression is that astral entities are feeding on you, and you're sufficiently aware of it to incorporate it into your dreaming, but not quite sufficiently aware to directly see what's going on.

I suggest considering the possibility that those "sharks" may be real creatures really eating you. Next time they show up, emphatically tell them no and stop them from doing what they're doing. The paralysis is irrelevant. You don't need to move out of the way. You simply need to stop them.

The best part is that whether or not this interpretation is correct...whether they're really real, or whether they're simply dream constructs...either way, doing what I'm suggesting will make them go away.

Try the same with the clown.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by galatea
Hi there.

Have you been going through any emotional pain/changes lately?

No.

Just curious, but what significance could that have?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

What is it with clowns ? My son finds clowns scary and wont have them in his room, his sisters china dolls which are similar freak him out.

Considering clowns were the source of merriment, they seem to have taken on this evil alter ego, perhaps Stephen King deserves a kick in the balls for turning the clown into something to terrify.

To the dude with the dream, it was probably just that a meaningless dream, we often have dreams that revolve around external stimulus while sleeping, like a cold draft or a sound outside.

What intrigues me the most about dreaming/sleep is messed up time.
Let's say while i am asleep a noise outside for example a bird banging on the roof which is a regular occurrence in my house, stirs me from sleep.

The noise is is somehow incorporated into my dream, or to be more precise the dream is built around the noise all well and good.
Now here's the bit that stumps me, more often than not I'm having a dream that includes the noise (or whatever stimulus) but I have the dream and hear the noise in the dream before it actually occurs so as to wake me.

I have considered that it is possible that whatever stimulus has had a longer duration than I first thought, thus allowing the dream to be quickly built up around it just before I start coming to wakefulness .

This explanation would seem to end the matter for me, but it still didn't do so fully.

I once had a dream (can't remember what) where the dream built up to a point where there was a shout then the dream continued for a little and I eventually awoke.

I checked the cctv to see if indeed there had been a shout, and indeed there had a couple hoodies were hanging around outside and one had shouted.

The shout had not occurred until after I was almost fully awake(I'd immediately looked at the clock) with memory of all the dream plus the shout .

Weird no ? I've notice this on quite a few occasions with different stimuli and can only conclude that either the dream is precognitive or our thoughts are incredible fast. So much so as to be faster than sound and be able to build an entire dream scenario as quickly as the sound is being registered.

It's probably the latter but I just can't seem to get my swede around the phenomenal speed of thought.

Anyone know what the speed of thought is ? is it quicker than light for example .

Clowns.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'll tell you what, I am going to post you some quotes, let you come to your own conclusions, and advise you to speak with a sleep physician affiliated with a sleep lab:

Underwater breathing dreams are similar to "peeing but not peeing" dreams. They're both brought on by real-time physical urges. If you have to pee, but you're asleep, you'll dream of peeing, but since you haven't actually peed, the urge persists until you wake.

In a breathing dream... the problem is usually sleep apnea. You're snoring, or your airway is being compromised in some way. You dream about some possibility of drowning, or having to hold your breath, but then you breathe (in real life) and in the dream situation it seems odd that you've survived.

People don't wake as often out of breathing dreams, because once you breathe, the problem is solved. No need to wake and stand and walk to take care of the problem.

I kept having a reoccurring dream that I was swimming under water and I was running out of air, but I could not make it to the surface in time to have to take a breath. I would always take a breath under water, but could not understand how I could breath underwater. Yes it was a weird dream, but since I have been on my CPAP machine, I have not had this dream. I felt the same way you did, always tired, falling asleep while driving or watching TV. Now I sleep great, I wake up feeling ready to go and no longer fall asleep during the middle of the day.
Good luck and call your doctor right away and get the process going.

TUESDAY, July 22 (HealthDay News) -- A study links night-time heart attacks with the breathing disorder sleep apnea, which makes people gasp for breath every few minutes.
The link is not fully established, but it seems logical, said Dr. Virend Somers, a cardiologist from the Mayo Clinic who is lead author of the report in the July 29 issue of theJournal of the American College of Cardiology.
Most heart attacks occur in the day, generally between 6 a.m. and noon, Somers said. Having one during the night, when the heart should be most at rest, means that something unusual happened, he said. Somers and his colleagues have been working for a decade to show that sleep apnea is to blame.
Their studies have looked at the most common form, obstructive sleep apnea, in which the tube carrying air to the lungs, collapses periodically, blocking the flow. "About 10 years ago, we showed that obstructive sleep apnea has a powerful effect on the sympathetic nervous system, causing an acute increase in adrenaline flow, high blood pressure and lack of oxygen," Somers said.

The sympathetic nervous system is responsible for up- and down-regulating many homeostatic mechanisms in living organisms. Fibers from the SNS innervate tissues in almost every organ system, providing at least some regulatory function to things as diverse as pupil diameter, gut motility, and urinary output. It is perhaps best known for mediating the neuronal and hormonal stress response commonly known as the fight-or-flight response. This response is also known as sympatho-adrenal response of the body, as the preganglionic sympathetic fibers that end in the adrenal medulla (but also all other sympathetic fibers) secrete acetylcholine, which activates the great secretion of adrenaline (epinephrine) and to a lesser extent noradrenaline (norepinephrine) from it. Therefore, this response that acts primarily on the cardiovascular system is mediated directly via impulses transmitted through the sympathetic nervous system and indirectly via catecholamines secreted from the adrenal medulla.

That may or may not be the cause, and it might be something as simple as throwing a few PVC's which are pretty harmless (but can cause sharp chest, jaw, or left side pain), but I would suggest following up with a physician to be on the safe side.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I certainly can't interpret these dreams. However, I'm wondering about that sharp pain in the side. Do you ever feel it during the day? Is there something physical going on? Maybe you could talk to a doctor or other health care professional, just to make sure it's not a problem.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by Phlynx

Hi,

That’s what I was thinking when I read it. Subconscious thoughts piercing the veil into conscious mind.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I regularly wake up with a very bizzarre tickling and vibrating feeling when I have a nightmare that ends with that ticklish thrill. That's very bad...Any scientific explanation to that? I have it since I was a little boy.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth hunter

Sure thing...

hypnagogia
Sometimes the word hypnagogia is used in a restricted sense to refer to the onset of sleep, and contrasted with hypnopompia, Frederic Myers's term for waking up. However, hypnagogia is also regularly employed in a more general sense that covers both falling asleep and waking up, and Havelock Ellis questioned the need for separate terms. Indeed, it is not always possible in practice to assign a particular episode of any given phenomenon to one or the other, given that the same kinds of experience occur in both, and that people may drift in and out of sleep. In this article hypnagogia will be used in the broader sense, unless otherwise stated or implied.

Other terms for hypnagogia, in one or both senses, that have been proposed include ‘presomnal’ or ‘anthypnic sensations’, ‘visions of half-sleep’, ‘oneirogogic images’ and ‘phantasmata’, ‘the borderland of sleep’, ‘praedormitium’, the ‘borderland state’, ‘half-dream state’, ‘pre-dream condition’, ‘sleep onset dreams’, dreamlets, and ‘wakefulness-sleep transition’ state (WST).

Gustatory, olfactory and thermal sensations in hypnagogia have all been reported, as well as tactile sensations (including those kinds classed as paraesthesia or formication). Sometimes there is synaesthesia; many people report seeing a flash of light or some other visual image in response to a real sound. Proprioceptive effects may be noticed, with numbness and changes in perceived body size and proportions, feelings of floating or bobbing, and out-of-body experiences.[34] Perhaps the most common experience of this kind is the falling sensation, and associated hypnic jerk, encountered by many people, at least occasionally, while drifting off to sleep.

Paresthesia (/ˌpærɨsˈθiːziə/ or pronounced /ˌpærɨsˈθiːʒə/, spelled paraesthesia in British English) is a sensation of tingling, pricking, or numbness of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect. It is more generally known as the feeling of "pins and needles" or of a limb "falling asleep" (although this is not directly related to the phenomenon of sleep). The manifestation of paresthesia may be transient or chronic.

Formication is the medical term for a sensation which resembles that of insects crawling on (or under) the skin. It is one specific form of a set of sensations known as paresthesia, which also include the more common prickling, tingling sensation of "pins and needles". Formication is a well-documented symptom which has numerous possible causes.
The experience of formication may sometimes cause feelings of itchiness or even pain. When it is perceived as itchiness, it may trigger the scratch reflex and because of this, some people who are suffering from the sensation are at risk of causing skin damage through excessive scratching. More rarely, susceptible individuals who fixate on the sensation may develop delusional parasitosis, becoming convinced that this sensation is being caused by actual insects, despite repeated reassurances from physicians and entomologists.

Hope that helps...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I too have dream issues, although mine can sometimes be very severe. I would start by asking if you have by any chance started taking any new medications? Some medications have dream effects that can take up to 6 weeks to manifest. Dreams, especially vivid dreams that cause you emotional turmoil are nothing to be taken lightly. The physical pain is strange, that's something i've never experienced. Wish you well!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join