It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction: An astral phenomenon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think the best way to explain it, is that Aliens are highly advanced spiritual entities, therefore we can connect with them much easier on an astral plane than on a physical level... my 2 cents!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
I don't know if this is relevant but theres an interesting interview here with Graham Hancock discussing his book 'Supernatural'.
In it he describes how shamans from different locations around the planet all describe meeting very similar 'beings' in the spirit world and how all their paintings do look quite similar.

Of course its relevant - its the whole point of this thread to point out that not all is nuts-and-bolts in UFOlogy.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveispeace
I think the best way to explain it, is that Aliens are highly advanced spiritual entities, therefore we can connect with them much easier on an astral plane than on a physical level... my 2 cents!

Just because some entities are supernatural doesnt mean they are "highly advanced". If they are lower-astral, then they wouldnt be highly advanced.

Interdimensional (that can materialize and de-materialize) beings would be highly advanced.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Of course its relevant..

Sky -yes, thought it might be.

Whilst under the influence of Ayahuasca (“the vine of souls”) these shamans do report meeting strange humanoid folk with the heads of mammals or reptiles -the shamanistic painting below has even got a flying saucer in it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdc44c7ffca6.jpg[/atsimg]
www.psychonaut.com...

In the depths of the Amazon rainforest tribal shamans drink a powerful hallucinogenic brew called Ayahuasca (“the vine of souls”) in order to induce visions. When they return to normal consciousness, after experiencing what they believe is out-of-body travel in the spirit world, they make paintings of the “intelligent beings” they have encountered. Why are many of these beings also depicted as uncanny hybrids with the heads of animals or serpents and the bodies of humans? And why do the shamans say that they have taught them everything they know about how to live in the jungle, and about the medicinal value of rainforest plants?

psychedelicadventure.blogspot.com...

Don't know if you've also heard of this other theory (which I don't subscribe to) called the 'Birth Memories Hypothesis' but I thought it was relevant as well.

Thesis: Alien abductions are archetypal fantasies involving belief or deception, in which the subject's birth memories play a central role.

Lawson takes on the advocates of the ET hypothesis concerning claims of abduction by aliens, makes some telling points against these claims, and presents his counter theory, the Birth Memories Hypothesis.

www.internetarchaeology.org...

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Terrific thread! I've been mulling that same theory around for a while myself also. All throughout my life I've experienced paranormal activity and have had missing time and strange lucid dreams.. a few regarding the greys. I like to think of every realm as spiritual and physical. This viewpoint is because of my personal research regarding all things paranormal. I'd like to give a bunch of references but I haven't had the chance to organize the material as of yet. Please be patient with me as I am new as a member.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Another Abduction account (of many hundreds posted on ATS) that appears completely non-physical

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Good point. Ayahuasca Shamans do access the astral.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Great findings Skyfloating, I have few things to contribute too.

1. More ATS members with their detailed stories

What's special about these members is that they provide great detail in their stories. I believe them due to my personal intuition. I've read a lot of others too but they usually either seem delusional, psychotic, or extremely overexegerated with only a tiny fragment of truth in them. I think that even if something did happen in one's life, it takes a a lot to tell it without our mind making things up in attempt to make it seem more logical.
I've read a lot more than just one thread from Antar but others aren't as on topic - she had what you'd call "advanced being" making contact in a sudden somewhat unexpected manner without being paralyzed.

Seentoomuch (profile)
Walk With an Angel
Alien Abduction Experiences Don't Be Too Graphic!
High Strangeness - Humanoid Encounters
More High Strangeness - Humanoid Encounters
My Gray Alien (TTSSC)

Antar (profile)
Evil walks among us

2. Sleep paralysis involves greys

Your case of greys at 5 years age is also unique since you couldn't yet be influenced too much by the "TV greys".

But then again what about these:

In New Guinea, people refer to this phenomenon as "Suk Ninmyo", believed to originate from sacred trees that use human essence to sustain its life. The trees are said to feed on human essence during night as to not disturb the human's daily life, but sometimes people wake unnaturally during the feeding, resulting in the paralysis.

That doesn't sound like the greys.

Also, we have this interesting report:

Percentage of Abduction Reports Featuring Greys by Country
Canada - 90%
Mainland Western Europe - 48%
USA - 43%
Great Britain - 12%

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

The rest 10, 52, 57 and 88 percent are other types of beings - so, again no greys. Although greys are almost always seen during night or more precisely bedtime, many other species have that unpleasant tradition.

This also means that there are probably many more intelligent spectral beings amused by harrasing us at night.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
3. Buzzing sound and greys

Here's a 1998 report from CSI which mentions the humming sound:

The experience begins most often when the person is at home in bed (Wright 1994) and most often at night (Spanos, Cross, Dickson, and DuBreuil 1993), though sometimes abductions occur from a car or outdoors. There is an intense blue or white light, a buzzing or humming sound, anxiety or fear, and the sense of an unexplained presence. A craft with flashing lights is seen and the person is transported or “floated” into it. Once inside the craft, the person may be subjected to various medical procedures, often involving the removal of eggs or sperm and the implantation of a small object in the nose or elsewhere. Communication with the aliens is usually by telepathy. The abductee feels helpless and is often restrained, or partially or completely paralyzed.
The “gray” is about four feet high, with a slender body and neck, a large head, and huge, black, slanted, almond-shaped eyes. Grays usually have no hair and often only three fingers on each hand. Rarer aliens include green or blue types, the taller fair-haired Nordics, and human types who are sometimes seen working with the grays.

Source: www.csicop.org...

There's more interesting stuff from external source:

In his book Forbidden Science, Jacques Vallee discusses the well-known 'Affa' case of 1954: A 'contactee', Mrs Frances Swan, told how she was in telepathic communication (via automatic writing) from the commanders of two alien spaceships (Affa and Ponnar). Vallee recounts that whenever Mrs Swan was in contact with the 'aliens', she would get a buzzing sound in her left ear "to indicate that they were 'on the line'." While this is interesting enough in itself, there was also apparent confirmation from the CIA and Naval Intelligence officers who interviewed Mrs Swan, who told of hearing these same buzzing sounds in their ears (though they did not receive any actual communication).[17] Furthermore, when the officers asked to see one of these alien spaceships, Affa (through Mrs Swan) told them to look outside — and when they went to the window, saw a circular object in the sky.
[...]
Introductory sounds are especially the case with alleged 'alien abductions', an area which has already been associated with what John Mack called "intrusions from the subtle realms." Karl Pflock described one of the original 'abduction' cases — that of Betty and Barney Hill — as being preceded by a sound described as a "buzzing vibration". Brad Steiger too has mentioned the prevalence of buzzing and 'rushing' sounds in both UFO sightings and 'entity' encounters. He also compares the sound to that heard in poltergeist activity:
A number of revelators and UFO contactees have since mentioned to me that just before the appearance of an entity they were aware of a strange buzzing sound. Witnesses of unexplained aerial phenomenon have also referred to a buzzing or rushing sound shortly before the 'flying saucer' appeared over them. I am also reminded that great deal of poltergeist activity produces a preparatory 'signal' of a buzzing, rasping, or winding noise.[19]
[...]
an older woman who said she had encountered Mothman in her backyard. Her property was close to the boundaries of the TNT area and, hearing a buzzing or humming sound coming from the back of her home, she went out to investigate. It was mid-afternoon, and when she opened the back door she found herself face to face with Mothman, hovering about 10 feet in front of her. Her description was detailed, suggesting something more like a machine than an animal.
[...]
Another strange phenomenon which features 'entity contact' is 'Old Hag' syndrome (also known as 'Night Terrors' and by other names around the world). These reports, in which an experiencer feels that someone is in the room with them, perhaps even on them, and has a terrible feeling of dread, have been related to the condition of 'recurrent sleep paralysis.' This too is introduced by the same certain sounds:
A buzzing/ringing/roaring/whistling/hissing/high-pitched screeching sound in the ears sets in and becomes louder and louder to the point of becoming unbearable.[23]
[...]

Source www.grahamhancock.com...

Now many contactees and especially abductees report some kind of music, bells and even chorus/singing before an "entity" appears. This report involves two persons who heard different things:

I had corresponded with Marina Fry of Cornwall, who wrote to me giving details of her own fairy sighting when she was nearly four years old, around 1940. One night she and her older sisters, all sleeping in one bedroom, awoke to hear a buzzing noise (one sister said 'music and bells'). Looking out of the window they saw a little man in a tiny red car driving around in circles'. He was about 18 inches tall and had a white beard and a 'droopy pointed hat '…he just disappeared after a while.[25]
This sighting stands out particularly because of the detail that one sister heard a different sound. Different, but still part of the subset which we have been examining (and in view of this, adds some legitimacy to the story). This has the curious effect of making the sounds a 'subjective' experience (due to different perceptions of it), while seemingly coming from an objective source (as a number of people all heard a sound). Further to that, why did the sisters see the same thing, if it was a subjective experience? Interestingly, there are other accounts of groups of people subjectively hearing 'paranormal' noises, which are not to do with 'entity' contact. They are to do with death.

www.grahamhancock.com...

So the buzzing sound is associated as an introduction to following phenomenas:

1. Night abductions while being paralyzed by grey, nordic, reptilian or insect-looking ET beings strange entities
  2. Sightings of crafts/vehicles with strange entities in them
  3. Encounters with mothman, gnomes, fairies, aliens strange entities alone
  4. Seeing bearded midgets with funny hats driving tiny cars strange entities in front of your house
  5. Being chased by tiny bearded gnomes with pointy red hats strange entities (actual case not mentioned here but deserves a mention)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That said, the sound may indicate a proximity of an entity with completely another "vibe" than ours which completely defies our logic and traditional perception. So, multiple withness reports of a real life cartoon character eating its own head may be possible at another... eh... frequency, yeah that's what I said.

4. Some kind of quasi conclusion

Now that I've added a small twist to the whole thread, I must note that there are many other withness reports, strange entities, stories and even people's dreams leading you away from any logical conclusion about them greys. The more you read, think and talk about it the less you know.

It didn't take too long for me to realize that I know absolutely nothing about anything. Fortunately, truth is not "hidden" anywhere, it can't be written and can only be spoken by very few so there's no reason to be afraid of unknown since it's probably false anyway just like almost all of what we consider reality. We should be able to find the real truth and all the answers within ourselves with love, good intent, discipline and personal virtues.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I did a search because I wanted to read up on the theory and lo and behold...of thousands and thousands of threads, not a single one discussed the alien-astral idea. Thats surprising.

Did you read this thread?;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, did you see a Small Grey or or the Large Grey?:
Small Grey: www.youtube.com...
Large Grey: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky- don't know if you've seen this paper before but it makes some interesting comments about UFOs and the nature of reality:

A Six-Layer Model for Anomalous Phenomena - paper by Jacques Vallee and Eric Davis examining the high strangeness of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (pdf)

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I read the first post and felt the urge to reply.

I would like to begin by asking why most people tend to think of reality as one-dimensional static thing? Reality in my experience is multi-dimensional and dynamic, by that I mean that one event lumped into one category, like abductions, can have various causes without denying all the others.

What I see in posts of abductions is people usually confusing a spiritual or even mundane experience with actual contact with an alien intelligence. In my own experience I know that when the brain try to formulate something it does not understand it will search for familiar symbols to translate it into,in our age the symbol related to weird experiences is usually the alien.

For example, a person is sleeping and for some reason is in an astrally receptive state and is visited by a spirit she is not acquainted with, now, when she returns from this state her brain will try to formulate the information it receives from this metaphysical encounter. In some cases the person knows what it was (having the necessary knowledge to understand) and knows it was a strange spirit. In other cases the person's brain, not having the instruments to deal with this information, will translate it into something it vaguely recognizes, which can be an alien or demonic form, after this first encounter, memory connections have been created and unless this person learns the truth of her encounter, each one will reinforce the alien idea in her head, until it becomes a fully fleshed symbol for that type of event.

A mundane explanation though for many stories of abduction could be something similar to what I experienced once. I remember I woke up that night in a state of paralysis (I'm used to it), while I was waiting it to pass I got the horrible sense that there were aliens in the room and that something was going to happen, I fought the s.p. and as I did so I heard this sound of something electronic. As I fully woke up I noticed that the tv was in sleep mode with the wifi receiver on, plus a bunch of computers around me. As soon as the tv was turned of the horror wore off and I could sleep. Of course, this was a non scientific experience, but I'm fairly sure most that research abductions read about lab tests with EM fields that produced similar results.

"Simple" sleep paralysis and night terrors can also produce hallucinations that are usually mistaken for the real deal.

Then of course, there ARE alien entities that take form of greys and others and contact people astrally. As there certainly are real physical cases of alien abductions, but both are way rarer than testimonies can make you believe.

Now, for conclusion, there can be many causes of an abduction experience, it can even be more than one at the same time, but to say what exactly caused it requires knowledge not only of the various mechanisms through which these can come to be, but also of the personality and knowledge of the abducted.

The human brain is a most powerful thing, but it can be quite easily tricked into believing something that is not true.

Hope I expressed myself well.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Another good read:

Free E-book -

Vallee, Jacques - Passport to Magonia - On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So what I am saying is that these are "aliens", but maybe not in the sense we understand the term "aliens"...

Thoughts?

I have had this thought for some time. That some aliens are astral.

I did this thread after seeing Greys in an astral situation rather than a physical one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A quote from my OP

I realize this is a strange theory but last week when that hideous Grey creature started to come through with its classice dark black wrap around eyes I just thought these arnt Aliens at all they are Lower Astrals.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ets use phasing technology. Ie. its similar to multidimensional, they seem to be able to bypass our conventional molecular structure, possibly using technology to bypass the collapse of the wave into the particle, thats what I keep thinking. But they are here, monitoring us. They see us, we dont usually see them, this has been slipping a lot for me lately. I see the outlines and shapes, and they let me even, and then communicate. I see the flash down the vizers at times as well.

Even buildings, structures that we cannot walk into, are built right in plain site, but we only see 30% of whats there and yet, this isn't even multidimenisonal its some sort of phasing.
They're not limited to astral.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I've never thought of abductions in that sense.
But it is a very plausible argument.

What I wonder though (sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, if this has been asked, point me to the answer)
What about the people who believe they have been taken on spaceships and see the surroundings as a spaceship?
Because I'm pretty sure they still have been described as Greys.

Nice thread though
S&F

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well I just had an unusual experience. Parts of it relate a little to this thread by skyfloating I noticed: www.abovetopsecret.com... Psy Time Travel 101.
Because it has to do with the kind of psi I have. And his OP in that thread describes reaching into the field, or something akin to mental projection.

This is always what I'm aware of, and energy, energy recognition or signatures. I often try not too think of someone too much or think of an et location even, because my experiences are akin to mental projection/remote viewing and I am afraid of pinging someone or of having unwanted attention, monitoring (I get lots already with all my experiences) of any group who didn't want you there, so to speak.

For example, I've never had a oobe, but mental projection is even more so that than the other to me, for we are consciousness. We are our minds, our energy, our thoughts and minds and spirit are all related or one and the same even, interconnected.

So a few days ago one of my contacts sent me link to an area, I will keep quiet about, that had strong energy. Very strong, and I suspected an et base instantly, in fact words came my lips that a friend and I shared, this cosmic language that he calls andross, which is his term for andromedan, and we have shared experiences at night. So this spontaneously came to my lips and I spoke in that langage.

Then my contact said that this was an andromedan base, with a portal to andromeda. Well that certainly was synchronicity. But I also did not want to think of it or get any unwanted attention. I also assume due to the history I've read of the area, we're talking about a long standing base, and I sense connections between that area and Telos, and the tall whites of Lemuria and also, this means our own galaxy as well. Interconnected groups.

So, I couldnt avoid thinking of it, and naturally for me this meant I got to experience reaching too far into the field, accidentally and spontaneosly and knew I recognized the energy of andromeda, as in the galaxy. Was worried about the safety of this and thought home, home, home. Hoped I wouldn't be monitored from this, like detected.
So are these people and their ufo's strictly astral? Personally I don't think so, its just that with phasing technology and lesser density and expanded awareness and higher metaphysics, I think there is a connection between the fractal hollogram multiverse we're in and the astral one.

That evening, I was saw flashes in the sky when I was thinking of it, and tried to get my older son to come and see. Which got my younger son interested. I saw a dark orb, small solid looking dark globe at about 12 foot height, or the height of our second story window and wondered what it was. When my younger son was trying to come to the door, an outline of a man in kind of a storm trooper armor, with helmet about 7 1/2 feet tall, taller than the shed sort of appeared and the thought came strongly with his male voice, do not involve the children. So I changed the subject and distracted him.

I was monitored and there was a check up down that evening. Along with the next day. Another check up in the bath. Physically I could feel this and yet they use phasing technology. Along with the technician I saw in my minds eye this very tall, strong man under the 8 foot ceiling so 7 1/2 feet to taller, with long blond hair. It appeared he was guarding the female. I was upset at first about the checkup but then, attempted to be thoughtful of the female technician and make it easy on her by being good natured about it. That was when he made his presence known and it was as if they considered not all humans being alike. I tried to ask him to leave my bathroom however.

Later, drying my hair he told me that he was from the Taurus constellation and Telos. And I had read something about 4.5 light years in an online article and it was stuck in my head and I said 4.5 light years. He said, no 65. So still stuck in that groove I said oh, 6.5 light years. He identified as J'ak'stro'm or Jae'kstro'm or Ja'kae'strom. When I tried to understand what he was saying he gave up and said he would send something to me that I would come across and think of him about.

When I went downstairs, I looked up that system and found Aldebaran, that someone had told me one of our crafts we had seen, the wingless plane was from there, Aldebaran/Tau Ceti, and it was 65.1 light years away. So he had given me the acutal number.

Astral? In crafts? Doing medical checkups that I was very aware of? Or phasing technology? Any case, I see a lot of connections between those races, andromeda and Tau Ceti and Telos, Lemuria and Atlantian days as well, and it appears they have bases here.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
2% of all Alien abduction, calculated by the Claudier Covo's Brazilian Alien Typology are energy beings. Another interesting fact, 80% of abduction reports in the United Kingdom do not involve the Greys.

Abduction by energy beings could be related to the premise of this thread, that abductions could be an astral phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

I just wanted to say that your added research to this thread is invaluable for understanding the topic as a whole.

Edit to add: The astral-plane certainly features many "types" - as does the physical plane.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join