It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Catch and Release"?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I'm "preaching" because I always tend to draw meaning from my beliefs and to relate my experiences to my understandings,as every other human being does.

No. I'm not "preaching" in the way you assume. I am not telling anyone here what to believe!

I'm just open to the possibility that maybe there are deeper meanings to things than we can comprehend,but it's good to try.

This hasn't been a life-changing event in itself,but with many things taken together,it causes me to form ideas. You know the saying,"God works in mysterious ways"?

How's this for a "coincidence"?...One time I had a limited amount of money that I was willing to spend on buying a small travel trailer that I desperately needed to have a roof over my head. Out of the blue,an old acquaintance of my daughter's called her and said,"I don't know why I thought of you,but I'm selling my trailer and am asking such-and-such amount but will take..." ....The very amount I had to spend! And it fit my needs perfectly! The man selling the trailer is also a Christian,which is like God's way of divine networking,if you ask me!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That's called synchronicity. Perhaps you should read up on Jung and global conciousness, I put far more weight in that rather than god taking away people's free will and compelling them to sell things to you. Sticking with the religious theme I'd say that's closer to magick, have you ever considered yourself a witch before?

Personally I relate it to the 23 enigma, or in other words, the demonstration of the mind's power to perceive "truth" in nearly anything, as if we look for truth the mind usually finds it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by HankMcCoy

I also believe God speaks to us in ways we can understand,in a unique and personal way.

All your "intelligence" you claim does not detract one bit from my faith. I know what I need to know to believe that Jesus died for my sins,and through His grace,by faith,we will live with Him. And for now,we have the Holy Spirit in His place.
For all your knowledge of the Bible,you must surely have heard the Gospel?

You definetely sound like you're not religious.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The whole "global consciousness" thing is extremely "Luciferion" and I have nothing to do with it. I know it sounds good,but I believe that is exactly why it is so deceptive. This is practically a Religion in itself! Do you know that the U.N.s World Prayer is the Alice Bailey,"Invocation to Lucifer"? It's all about Light and Love...but love for who and what?! David Spangler,Albert Pike,Barbra Hubbard...read up on what they say about the New-Age movement. Unless you already have and approve of those doctrines?

There are powers from both sides at work right now,and it's increasing. Do you feel it? I've already made up my mind about whose side I am on!

God in no way took away my free will,or forced anyone to sell me something! I sincerely believe God looks out for the needs of His children!
I feel that He did compell that person to call about the trailer,much like He sent the tow-truck just when I needed it,as I said in my story. I have more examples of this kind of divine intervention,which make me feel very blessed !

Thank you for commenting. If I wasn't so tired right now,I'd write more in response to your post!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

OK! Fine,I'm "Religious"! I just don't go to church and I don't follow religious "leaders"! I believe the gospel of Jesus Christ. I think of being religious akin to saying "I'm a Baptist,or a Methodist,or a Catholic..."

Maybe I should be clearer with that word!

Happy now?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

I assume you were being sarcastic?

(It's time for me to get some sleep!) I feel like I'm losing my Edge!

Goodnight all!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It might be helpful if you were able to download and post the full resolution digital photo files of those pictures. That makes it much clearer and easier to enhance with photoshop.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The OP has made it clear that he/she is not making attempts at a hoax.

With that being the case...I am to understand that "a picture of MUM-RA's Tomb on a TV screen" and a "black blur beside the road" is actually enough for the OP to start discrediting her/his own "critical thinking skills".

I guess that's fine...right?

I mean...SURE it is very easy to see it is the actual tomb of MUMRA from the actual TV series Thundercats...and of course the blur besides the road looks nothing much like anything...but this OP has all the reason to start dropping public theories (as well as defend them) on it all being supernatural.

That's a fine cup of tea...It shows me that the OP is not a hoaxer, but actually someone who is quicker to suspect "magics" before "logics".

Well, I guess that is the third strike I needed to assume you "below my desired level of reading" in my "own" quest for finding truth.

If you are thirsty, its best to not hang around infected pools of mud and trash.

If you are questing for truth, it is best to not read from others "not so focused" on being "true".

Enjoy your adventures...if you ever DO meet some freaky ghost/monster/elf/unicorn/etc...make sure you U2U me.

Till then my friend, enjoy being comfortable with producing this sort of work on ATS. I will not be part of your audience from here.

All peace, all time, all ways.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes, its interesting. I, too, had the comparative religion course.

I don't question the validity of questioning religion (boy, that's a mouthful, ain't it). I do, however, question the validity of categorizing all religious people as "not smart."

My point is simply thus: religious experience is very personal and subjective. One's interpretation and belief in the "divine" (or lack thereof) should not be dismissed so lightly.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Yes, its interesting. I, too, had the comparative religion course.

I don't question the validity of questioning religion (boy, that's a mouthful, ain't it). I do, however, question the validity of categorizing all religious people as "not smart."

My point is simply thus: religious experience is very personal and subjective. One's interpretation and belief in the "divine" (or lack thereof) should not be dismissed so lightly.

I'm sorry that you have failed to understand my post. I do not know how to say it in simpler terms.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One more time,in case no one paid attention,...look at the dates and times. Even two different pictures have the identical date and time. What is "paranormal" about this is that is showed up,out of the blue,in a series of shots,and it had not been there before!(Think about that! And otherwise,my camera works great!)

Cameras,televisions,anything electronic does have the capability to tranmit spirits,ghosts,or whatever.

I'm not arguing the case for religion here. I'm just saying,"What if...?"

There were two quotes of scripture,again,I only used them because they help me to try to understand some meaning for this. Because I do seek God's guidance in all things,of course I will look in the bible.

I know there are other beliefs that cover these issues...even the End-Times,though maybe as a transformational,"higher consciousness" thing.
There ARE things happening all around us on a level we can't see,but I have made myself a "willing conduit",which makes me more apt to look for understanding,because I've asked for it!

There's that old saying,"You have to see it to believe it!"...I've always thought you had to "Believe it to see it". Why would something like this present itself to someone who wasn't going to believe?

If it is the "End-Times",and the harvesters are "angels"(as I quoted),then wouldn't it make sense for a message to come to me in a way that I could understand,using images that I could relate to,then guiding me to all these other "signs" which all tie in?

Different religions and beliefs speak of guiding spirits and stuff,especially the Indians,and no one is making fun of them.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Enough Godtalk, seriously.

Just post the unaltered RAW images from your camera so we can see what we are looking at.

You have posted 2 different formats for these images.. one was a picture of a screen, one was a scan of a print. Let's see the actual photo files so we can put this one to bed, please.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I had to take the photos on the TV screen to show the different dates and times. I did post the one without the numbers on them. What more can I do? (By the way,I don't know if you've put any photos up before,but we have had a problem getting some of them to do this,because they are too "High resolution" or whatever.)

Any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Thank you! I'll have my husband check it out when he gets home. I have absolutely no concept of how to navigate this stuff!

I'll even u2u when I get it done,how's that?!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hi HankMcCoy
I am so glad you brought this up!!! If I could I would star and flag you. But I can't so I will star and friend you

I went to a Baptist school for 13 years and it took 7 years to get over it. I still ain't right

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Here you are.

www.upload.mn...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

That's only one image.. you have posted 4 in this thread pertaining to this incident.

Could I trouble you to post the others as well?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The ones directly from the camera,that will not show the mix-up of the times and dates,or the ones I took off the TV screen that do show the times and dates?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

The ones directly from the camera,that will not show the mix-up of the times and dates,or the ones I took off the TV screen that do show the times and dates?

The ones directly off of the camera. All of that information is in the file, its just not visible in the image.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join