It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trojan Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey. Just to let you know I got hit with a TrojanDownloader: JS/Renos warning when I clicked on the Healthcare- Now (passed) post. My software cleaned it out, but thought I'd let you know.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Not sure if this is related but I got redirected to one of those "Your PC is infected, Scan Here!" sites right after clicking a thread here on ATS. Don't recall what thread it was but it wasn't the Healcare Bill one.

Although could just be a virus already on my PC

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I've had that happen a couple times. Scanned my computer with my own protection an came up clean. People that put these viruse' out should be shot.

Mods, if I posted this in the wrong area, please feel free to move it. Thanks.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There's a "Report Malware/Virus" thing you could send in.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess it goes to a special forum or something.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Great, thanks, I'm doing that right now. Thanks again.

XL5

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I really don't think the mods/admins care about viruses that come from ad's, since its those ad's that pay the bill. I have used the Report Malware/Virus button, but it seems the problem remains. Sure ATS would never purposely give users viruses, but they may let the ad's that do, slip by. Its not any certain page, its a certain ad or ad's and that "your PC is infected" pop-up is sneaky enough not to be a "legal" ad for antivirus software.

Read the last page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The spyware is probably from the feds going "nah naaah na naah naaaah"

try superantispyware free edition. so far, its been better than spybot and adaware.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I got infected too
But can't do anything about it right now

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I rec'd this warning yesterday.
Luckily, computer not infected.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
My desktop was flipping out today from the same thing....very depressing seeing as how much I like and use this site. Please screen the ads more carefully!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
I really don't think the mods/admins care about viruses that come from ad's, since its those ad's that pay the bill.

Moderators and administrators use the same ATS to browse as everyone else, and they see (generally speaking) the same ads as everyone else. In other words if they would allow malware and/or viruses to get through the system then they would be under the same risk as everyone else.

And I don't see how an "infected ad" would pay for any bills.

Keep in mind that the people that spread malware and all that junk are very sneaky and always thinking up new ways to infect our computers. It's a constant battle to stay one step ahead of them.

Administration do care about that kind of stuff, that's why they specifically implemented a report form just for that. Just because we don’t know what’s happing behind the curtain, doesn’t mean they’re not doing anything.

In the end it's always a good idea to have software running that protects your PC. While ATS does its best to keep the scum out, other sites don't, so you're always at risk whilst browsing the Internet. There are some great free packages around. Ask the right people the right questions and you'll get the right software protection on your PC.
Thank you.

Thread closed.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Gemwolf]

new topics

top topics

join