It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish God exists...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Any human emotion can be used to control us if you think about it. All one has to do is to know who to manipulate us right.

But neither is the Christian conception of a "god" the only conception of a "god" out there. It is rather like judging all the members of one race on the antics of one or a handle full of them.

And even THEN there are Christians out there that somewhat agree with you and think their bible is purely allegory and myth and still believe in their God quite feverently.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I guess you can be fearful of him if you'd like.
I think the proper term is humble though, or even....gulp....thankfull?
Wow, what a stretch huh?

Remember he is a loving God, not a hating one.
People know nothing but hate in this world, so its no surprise
they would not understand this concept.

Man made the decision to go it alone, therfore he reaps what he sows.
We are not robots, we are his children.
Do you have children? Do you love them?
Nevermind dont try to reply.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

But neither is the Christian conception of a "god" the only conception of a "god" out there. It is rather like judging all the members of one race on the antics of one or a handle full of them.

-yes there are any number of gods but I think we are talking about the christian god in this thread but maybe I am wrong about that.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Remember he is a loving God, not a hating one.

Yes, it was really loving killing all those little children in the flood- a truly loving and caring god- hate had nothing to do with it- he must have really loved them to do that, lol

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You said weak people turn to God, an "invisible man"
But God isn't a man. I think you try to visualize God and you don't look further than the old depictions of an old geezer in heavens.
God is the conscious force behind the Universe. The conscious entity that brought Order from the very small to the immensely large.
All this so we can exist, witness and appreciate this work.

I was an atheist as well, but the more you look for answers in science the closer to God you get. And if you let your soul drift a bit, you may even "feel" God.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I don't think the OP was. Just any god. There was some Christians in here talking about their beliefs. I am sorry but I am inclined to believe you are here simply to continue a battle with the afforementioned. And I know I wasn't.

It is also worth noting that when refering to how the conception of any god is refuted you refer to Christian conceptions.

Oh and I added this to my previous post:

Any human emotion can be used to control us if you think about it. All one has to do is to know how to manipulate us right and be in a position to do so.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

You are familiar with the idea that not every story told about something need not be true for the something to be fact?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yes, it was really loving killing all those little children in the flood- a truly loving and caring god- hate had nothing to do with it- he must have really loved them to do that, lol

God warned them and also gave them a way out.
They laughed at him and called him names.
And continued to live as they seen fit.
They chose their fate, he didn't.

He said the only way to true and lasting happiness is by living his way.
Man's way of living leads to war, strife, and every other bad thing under the sun.

Is this insane world not proof enough man has chosen to go it alone?
He made the decision long ago in the garden of eden.
A woman ate from the tree of life, are you mad at women now too?

[edit on 8-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I don't think the OP was. Just any god. There was some Christians in here talking about their beliefs. I am sorry but I am inclined to believe you are here simply to continue a battle with the afforementioned. And I know I wasn't.

It is also worth noting that when refering to how the conception of any god is refuted you refer to Christian conceptions.

Oh and I added this to my previous post:

Any human emotion can be used to control us if you think about it. All one has to do is to know how to manipulate us right and be in a position to do so.

well, you dont know that anymore than I do- the OP hasnt been back so we're both just guessing arent we?
having said that- I would say it's a bit hard to battle someone that isnt here

Yes I know any emotion can be used but like you said yourself in this thread- the fear of not having eternal life is a motivator in peoples beliefs.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

You are familiar with the idea that not every story told about something need not be true for the something to be fact?

If you're talking about the story of the flood and Noah- I don't think it happened so it's far from fact- but I'm not quite sure what you mean here?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

well, you dont know that anymore than I do- the OP hasnt been back so we're both just guessing arent we?

Surely you noticed the "I think" instead of a statement of "known fact".

I was talking about you battling the Christians. I ass-u-me-d that was self evident.

Yes I know any emotion can be used but like you said yourself in this thread- the fear of not having eternal life is a motivator in peoples beliefs.

Actually, I never said any such thing. I am sure that could and most likely is some of their motivation, I do not pretend to be able to read minds. But that also does not address the validity or invalidity of their beliefs. As I pointed out earlier you can do the right thing for the wrong reasons and the wrong thing for the right reasons. My exact words were this:

But I am one who believes that Christianity may have held one or two kernals of truth that got horribly twisted into a device for control by claiming disobiedence to the physical church would have dire consequences in the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

God warned them and also gave them a way out.
They laughed at him and called him names.
And continued to live as they seen fit.
They chose their fate, he didn't.

He said the only way to true and lasting happiness is by living his way.
Man's way of living leads to war, strife, and every other bad thing under the sun.

Is this insane world not proof enough man has chosen to go it alone?
He made the decision long ago in the garden of eden.
A woman ate from the tree of life, are you mad at women now too?

[edit on 8-11-2009 by dodadoom]

god chose their fate, he killed them remember? he created the flood and everyone drowned

I agree it's an insane world but I can't agree that is because man has chosen to go it alone- but it is because of man- we are our own worst enemy

I don't believe in the story of Adam and Eve and thus don't believe a woman ate from the tree of life- but I wouldnt expect anything less from religion to blame it on the woman- god being a he and all that- very sexist stuff it is

why would I be mad at myself?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You are familiar with the idea that not every story told about something *in this case an event caused by the Christian deity* need not be true for the something to be fact *otherwords for the deity to exist*?
Say you did not know if Gorilla's existed. I could tell you a Gorilla was green, breathed fire and flew by flapping it's ears. Would that mean Gorillas did not exist?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Surely you noticed the "I think" instead of a statement of "known fact".

I was talking about you battling the Christians. I ass-u-me-d that was self evident.

Actually, I never said any such thing. I am sure that could and most likely is some of their motivation, I do not pretend to be able to read minds. But that also does not address the validity or invalidity of their beliefs. As I pointed out earlier you can do the right thing for the wrong reasons and the wrong thing for the right reasons. My exact words were this:

But I am one who believes that Christianity may have held one or two kernals of truth that got horribly twisted into a device for control by claiming disobiedence to the physical church would have dire consequences in the afterlife.

takes two to tango Watcher, no battling here just replying to posts directed at me.

so, if you keep quoting me and posting, I will reply- it's only early here

we are saying the same thing in regards to control- fear of not having an afterlife being a motivator for obeying god- or in your words, the church- which are one and the same thing as religious folk often times find god in church

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

takes two to tango Watcher, no battling here just replying to posts directed at me.

Second time now. I was talking about how I think your just here to battle with them. Of which I am not one though I thought that obvious. So, either you're not paying attention, got problems focusing mentally or you are attempting to frusterate me.

we are saying the same thing in regards to control- fear of not having an afterlife being a motivator for obeying god- or in your words, the church- which are one and the same thing as religious folk often times find god in church

No, you are adding words. I said nothing about fear of not having an afterlife. Dire consequences does not necessarily mean oblivion. They do believe in that place called Hell remember? Do please at least try to keep up.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

but it is because of man- we are our own worst enemy

Exactly.
Thats why man's way fails everytime.
And precisely why we need him to survive ourselves.

And also why we will get another chance.
Even with all that.....
because of his love for us.

Even when we act like the stubborn, spoiled children that we are!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

You are familiar with the idea that not every story told about something *in this case an event caused by the Christian deity* need not be true for the something to be fact *otherwords for the deity to exist*?
Say you did not know if Gorilla's existed. I could tell you a Gorilla was green, breathed fire and flew by flapping it's ears. Would that mean Gorillas did not exist?

okay I get you

well yes I am familiar with that..now...lol.. but for me, god doesn't exist but not because I don't believe the story of Noah- he didnt exist anyway regardless of the plagurised story.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Second time now. I was talking about how I think your just here to battle with them. Of which I am not one though I thought that obvious. So, either you're not paying attention, got problems focusing mentally or you are attempting to frusterate me.

No, you are adding words. I said nothing about fear of not having an afterlife. Dire consequences does not necessarily mean oblivion. They do believe in that place called Hell remember? Do please at least try to keep up.

Well, you can think that, I have no control over your thoughts Watcher and I'm not trying to frustrate you but even if I were I'm not making you post you can walk away any time you know
I wasnt referring to you specifically when I said it takes two to tango- I started a new sentence in regards to you

Dire consequences I took as a fear- because of disobedience one might have been denied an after life is what you were saying, sorry to add words and misconstrue.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
God doesn't have to exist for anything to be possible. What I mean is anything is possible regardless of there being a god or not. And that's in theory of course. Right now our human race is evolving. God could be a worm that manipulates membranes into big bag-like collisions. Who knows?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

but it is because of man- we are our own worst enemy

Exactly.
Thats why man's way fails everytime.
And precisely why we need him to survive ourselves.

And also why we will get another chance.
Even with all that.....
because of his love for us.

Even when we act like the stubborn, spoiled children that we are!

You need him to survive Doda, you can't speak for everyone else- not everyone needs a god

Human beings have awesome potential- I live in hope we realise it before wiping ourselves out- religion is a huge divider in our world and a cause of much conflict- without religion our world would be a much better place- maybe one day when we stop believing in imaginary beings in the sky will we wake up to our potential.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join