It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish God exists...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Since you dont know how to reply correctly I wont bother to either.
Remember this?

it worked for you why not her huh

Even though I think you forgot to put in a question mark,
I will assume you are asking this OP a question.
For you to think this OP was frightened into believing is presumptuous,
rude, arrogant and frankly none of your 'bidness'!
Ones relationship with his creator is extremely personal.
Thats what I meant. What do you mean?
Do you think believers are somehow frightened into believing in God?

I hope one day I can be so awesomely perfect that I won't need anyone either!
I sincerely am glad you can survive eternity without him.
Otherwise, enjoy your cold dark eternal coffin alone.
Now that's scary!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Only because you wish not to see it as such. From A to Z your premise is flawed as I pointed out. Then there is the added assumption that I should know your question was more in the way of silly rhetorical question despite not knowing you or your stance. Which I suspect is more in the way of deflection away from the fact that your premise is infact flawed. Unless of course you do blame gunstore owners for any murders done by firearms sold to others by them.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Take heart, the true Supreme Being is all merciful and cares far more for us than we do for ourselves. Our condition is a real thing, our current imperfections are real they can not be really removed by a magic wand without serious adverse consequences to our spiritual welfare. The current method is the best. To place the spirits in a medium where they can remain conscious and express and exhaust their imperfections. This is why we are here and will cycle from one life form to the next as best meets the needs of our immediate desires.

Desires for the world are natural and appropriate to some extent. But the true home is diametrically opposite to this world. When the spirit reverts back there after exhausting it's imperfections here, It will find true life, in truth. Where all is known to all, love towards the divine is continuously express and there is no want or need or question only fulfillment and enjoyment.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackViolet
Hello LC,

Firstly,My apologies for not being specific,I was referring to comments made by other posters in regard to the conduct of those that claim to be representatives of God,That their behavior,actions and deeds will be held in account,that because they are "Christians" that they are not exempt from accountability.

"Yeah let's try frightening the girl into believing in god - it worked for you why not her huh"

Actually LC,I am not nor have i ever been scared of God,why should i?,He is my Father and he loves me,I was not driven by fear nor guilt into becoming a Christian but was drawn by unfathomable and perfect love that spoke to my heart,that filled the hole that i had so long filled with many other things that were ultimately hollow and empty,And even now i am far,very far from perfect,I have many faults,to name them would exceed my posting limit...

As for the dogma of my bible,I am free to believe as you are not to and i am free to say my peace,I am sure of what i say but that doesn't mean that i should force my beliefs on you and i won't as that is disrespectful and ,even tho you don't hold the same beliefs that i do does not mean that there is any less respect for your person.

I am sure of my own judgment LC,very sure,and truthfully,i am not itching for the day,but again,that is my belief and if i have been untoward in forcing my beliefs upon someone else then my apologies.

BV.

Apology not needed, I just don't think it was very fair of you to assure someone that god will be judging them on all things- that is what you believe for yourself and that's fine but to put the fear of god into someone that is obviously feeling vunerable just isn't right.

You can say you wouldnt force your beliefs onto someone but thats exactly what you did, so yeah you were being disrespectful.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Since you dont know how to reply correctly I wont bother to either.
Remember this?

it worked for you why not her huh

Even though I think you forgot to put in a question mark,
I will assume you are asking this OP a question.
For you to think this OP was frightened into believing is presumptuous,
rude, arrogant and frankly none of your 'bidness'!
Ones relationship with his creator is extremely personal.
Thats what I meant. What do you mean?
Do you think believers are somehow frightened into believing in God?

I hope one day I can be so awesomely perfect that I won't need anyone either!
I sincerely am glad you can survive eternity without him.
Otherwise, enjoy your cold dark eternal coffin alone.
Now that's scary!

Belief in a god is all about fear, especially bible god- surely you haven't forgotten about the flood, you know, where everyone died because they weren't playing properly

I'm happy you are glad I can survive without him- an eternity even- I'm not surprised you would find that scary, is why you have a god as an emotional crutch.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Belief in a god is all about fear,

Wrong. Please don't confine concepts to just your preconceptions as to what that concept should entail. It hurts your case.

especially bible god- surely you haven't forgotten about the flood, you know, where everyone died because they weren't playing properly

Well, you do a have a point here. But I am one who believes that Christianity may have held one or two kernals of truth that got horribly twisted into a device for control by claiming disobiedence to the physical church would have dire consequences in the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Notice I was laughing about it when I said that!

Figures you would respond with that!
You know, it was a joke right?

I also find your presumtuous thinking humorus!
You have no idea who I am or what I believe.
Or why. So don't try.
Stop presuming you do.

Once again, without God and the hope of eternal life,
we are just mutated chimpanzees doomed to extinction.

today, 99.9 percent of all species that have existed on Earth are extinct.

www.endangeredspeciesinternational.org...
Hopefully we are in the .01% eh?
Now theres something to pray about!

Your call though, fer sure!

You still do have free will to do whatever your heart desires, right?

Edit: Good job! You put together proper sentences with
capitol letters, periods and everything!
Now if you can just get that reply thingy figured out!

[edit on 8-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
if you believe in ghost , you must believe there is life after death....i feel the ghost figures you here about are here because they are serving their punishment here on earth...possible they were never baptised or they did something really bad in their life to keep them here on earth....everyone will eventually get to heaven but a price has to be paid to get admittance to the pearly gates.....

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
um....anything can still happen without the wish of god's existence.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Wrong. Please don't confine concepts to just your preconceptions as to what that concept should entail. It hurts your case.

Well, not wrong as that is what I believe but yes youre also right I should have added an 'imo'

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Wouldn't a "god" be included in "everything"? Considering it's a possibility and we were talking about all of them when you say "everything".

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I hope that God exists as well.

Creation is a wonderful thing - I cannot believe it came out of nowhere with no creator.

I believe that some entity created everything.

I also believe in Jesus.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Just as long as you remember belief does not equate to fact in ANY OF OUR CASES. We think we know, I am pretty sure we haven't a clue, ANY OF US.
But, I merely drew an exception to your seeming to cross that line.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
You have no idea who I am or what I believe.
Or why. So don't try.
Stop presuming you do.

You just told me you cant survive an eternity without him- that you are scared of a cold dark eternal coffin- you then went on to say without god and the hope of eternal life you are just a mutated chimpanzee doomed to extinction-so yeah I have an idea what you believe, presuming had nothing to do with it.

Now theres something to pray about!

Go right ahead, I don't pray myself.

You still do have free will to do whatever your heart desires, right?

sure do

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

LC,

Earlier point well taken,i should have added IMO as well,

Thanks

BV.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Just as long as you remember belief does not equate to fact in ANY OF OUR CASES. We think we know, I am pretty sure we haven't a clue, ANY OF US.
But, I merely drew an exception to your seeming to cross that line.

I agree Watcher and okay to you drawing exception

In my experience, a belief in god is to do with fear- a fear of being alone, a fear of death ....any number of fears really- mostly I've found people want to believe that someone is in charge of this mess and that there is a plan behind it all.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You can believe the right thing for the wrong reasons. Just as you can believe the wrong thing for the right reasons. But, fear is not a required component, in fact I believe it's a rather not smart way to go about it. But, there are many pathes IMO, even yours is correct IMO *if only for you and those who believe the same*.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
And, you know Watcher- that is what the story of Noah is all about- fear- be fearful of bible god- if you don't play by his rules which he layed out for you- you could run the risk of being wiped out- fear is a proven tool in controlling pople.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Dang reply thingy anyway....
I have to assume you are responding to my post even though the reply
button is obviously beneath you to use it.

Um gee whiz kid, I think you read more into my post than I meant!
As far as I know humans are mortal. Right?
Um, if I'm dead I wont care about the cold dark coffin right? Geez....

If there is a chance of immortality, is it wrong to look into it?
Seems extremely depressing to think we die and thats it.
But if thats the way you wanna roll, good luck with that!
Hopefully if and when you ever need him, you will find him.
And that he will answer you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join