It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we Not exist in the universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Old topic, but worthy of imput 4 years later!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The entirety of the universe exists within our minds, for without conception there is no form, no order. Strictly speaking, without "someone" to perceive, there is no perception, ergo nothing.

We collectively "create" the ever expanding universe with our ever expanding perception. Just so we destroy the past with forgetfulness and create the future with expectation. Clinging with cloying suffocation to one, we are fearful of the other, adrift in the sea of possibility.

Amoebas reaching across an uncaring void, we seek to order existence.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Warhappy

There is no time, time is an invention of man, there's only eventuality which is where you stand on and where it happens. It's not an easy concept to explain (imo, I'm still trying to draw it out on paper to see if I can understand it better.)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Interesting subject

The time makes the difference here; light (or the image) of A will take 1 million LY to reach the object B and object B is seeing 1 million LY old image of object A & would see some one who lived in A, 1 million LY ago; as of NOW the object A might have changed as 1 million LY have passed and todays image of A would reach only after 1 million years; here we are talking about the time the image or the light would take to reach each other; in reality if both A & B objects have the facility of browsing ATS; then in the "NOW" (at this moment) both would be browsing ATS and reading this thread. But if they send their images to each other; it will take 1 Million LY to reach each other & by that time both wouldn't be existing in there respective world. if you believe in the "NOW" both exists the way they are.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think the question should be.
Could the Universe exist without us?

I think that we are the universe/reality/conciousness.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Suppose if the object A is so far from our galaxy & today if they get a picture of our galaxy (you are sure Universe is so vast and if the object A is so far then it would take billions of years to deliver the image of our galaxy and think of a picture which is taken well before our solar system come to existence) and in that picture they won't even see our solar system existing in our galaxy as our solar system is yet to form; they would get a picture of our galaxy with out our sun, other planets & YES in that picture we don't exist; it is the time the picture took to reach the object A; if they get todays picture of our galaxy then they would see our solar system & yes we do exists in that picture. As of "NOW" we do exists along with the object A.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432

Never thought of it that way!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
What if we are the people who created the Universe. With all our thinking, imagination, and ideas. What if we are already dead, and to someone else we are just beginning.

Time is only something man has created to create a way to harvest and survive our time on this planet we call Earth.
Once we realize the Ultimate idea, we are the "Gods".

We created this Universe we live in, why you ask is simply because we did, you don't have to have a reason to it, it is just there.

Hehe, I went off topic, now back to the Topic at Hand.

Could we Not exist in the universe? Poses a tough question to think about. We could Not, we Could. See what the question has done, it has made us realize the infinite possibilities of could Nots, and Coulds.

In reality we do exist.
but in a moment.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Thats a tough question; To answer that question I feel some one should die and see "what happens after death?" our soul gets out of the physical body? if so does it still sees the universe as we see now? what if there is nothing after we die? no soul, no mind, nothing? if thats the case then universe exists with out that person. Or after the death of our physical body chances, for others we might have gone for ever but for us we might still continue to live after a short sleep? in a different dimension with a fresh memory where we don't remember anything related to our earth life and we still see the universe from a different dimension? if thats the case I don't know when that dimension will end or how many more dimensions we will have or in the next dimension we are going to see multi verse? or as some one said in the previous post; after we die we might realize that we created the universe or we are the Supreme power that was just finished a vacation trip in earth for some reason.

Shuuu... Thats all my little sense can make up things. I would love to see some one with good knowledge on this subject

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432

Ahh yes, the old "I think, therefore I am" But I believe I can one up you on that. What do you mean necessarilly by "we"? do you mean strictly human beings? if so, can the universe (as well as our planet) still exist as long as the consciousness of animals and plants, which are still living beings? Or does it strict itself only to our human consciousness? If so, what is so darn special about us anyway in which we can technically be put on the same level as a demigod or a god.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here's another thought...It's been said that if a large Gamma Ray Burst (GRB) happened even 100 lightyears from us, it would probably incinerate us. Taking the Speed of light into account, a GRB could have already happened 100 years ago, but since it is 100 lightyears away we haven't been able to see it yet, and the gamma radiation hasn't yet reached us to incinerate us.

maybe it will be here in 5 minutes...maybe not.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Here's another thought...It's been said that if a large Gamma Ray Burst (GRB) happened even 100 lightyears from us, it would probably incinerate us. Taking the Speed of light into account, a GRB could have already happened 100 years ago, but since it is 100 lightyears away we haven't been able to see it yet, and the gamma radiation hasn't yet reached us to incinerate us.

maybe it will be here in 5 minutes...maybe not.

In that case, shouldnt we lay down and put paper bags over our heads or somthing?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
hello, this is my first post
ive been reading here for months, and this is the first one i felt i could say something

Originally posted by Warhappy
Think about this! If when we look at distant galaxys from a point of billions of years ago..... may-be our time is old????? what are your opinions?

I love that theory! but it also reminds me a thought that i have always had, an assumption really, that time does'nt exist!

Time is a man made measurment of life, and thats about it.

our time cant be old, as really, its never existed, rather, we have just done the human thing and found name for the passing of life.

if we exist now, even if its just in our own consiousness, then we still exist no matter what the rest of the universe may see.

it leads to an intresting thought though, if their is any life existing somewhere now on a distant planet, i wonder what they see when they see earth ? a blue ball? a grey ball?? or nothing at all!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join