It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally...someone on OUR side...go, Bernie, go...break up those "too big to fail" outfits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Banking is the only thing that should be socialized. Kick the Fed Reserve to the curb, go back to the gold standard, and start manipulating the currency like the ch-comms do.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This bill will be killed long before it reaches the floor for a vote. If this bill defies the odds and passes, Obama will find a way to veto this bill before it lands on his desk. It doesn't matter how big a corporation is, if the business fails, then the business fails. The Government has no right to bail out any corporations. Doing so gives these big businesses an unfair advantage over those businesses that are not labeled "too big to fail." What ever happened to Capitalism?

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Ratisch]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Maybe if enough of us yell at our congresscritters it will gain some traction.

And if it gets out of committee, it'll swiftly become too big to stop.

So let your friends know, and start calling as soon as you get up monday and don't let up. I know I will.

Let's get some MSM attention on this and FORCE it through.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
After the Great Depression regulations were put in place to prevent corporations from becoming "too big to fail." They worked. Since Reagan, though, the regulations have been steadily and systematically removed until it has become the free-for-all that now exists.

It's just a matter of putting these regulations back in place.

It doesn't take a stroke of genius to see this but I have to hand it to Bernie Sanders for getting it all down to a couple of pages.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Very Nice That's what they should have done in the first place. having all these giant corporations, isn't what capitalism is about. This will help our economy instead of just taking them over.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Have you called your Senators yet and demanded they support this bill?

If not, please get on the horn and do so.

We need to show that we the people are completely behind this and will punish them at the polls if they fail to pass this.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Do really think this bill will see the light of day?

How many of our lawmakers our in big corporations' pockets?

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Called Barbara Boxer's office again today, her staffer thought it was a House bill.

Anyway, he had no idea of her position yet.

I'll call again tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This bill won't even have a chance!

Soon as these "too big to fail" companies heard about this bill I'm sure MILLIONS of dollars were set aside to put their HUGE lobbying powers in motion to "PERSUADE", oh, I mean lobby, (or shall we say, "pay off") Congress to kill this bill.

[edit on 11/11/2009 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join