It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fires in N. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Take a look at the satalite photo below. Looks like a good portion of the border region is on fire.

Satalite photo

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
imo it looks fake, do you know if anyone else has a clearer picture?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
unfortunately no. Nothing on the major news sites. The link doesn't say where this came from.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't think the link is working anymore...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Let me see if i can paste it here.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but there are too many fires with no smoke, and some of the smoke seems to be smeared on the map. I can't find anything on the news either.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yah, looks fake to me there doc...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Apparently forest fires:
Chosun.com

Chosun is the only place I can find reporting this, so I don't know...

-B.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Is anyone else a little curious to as why the train blast, these fires and now a shipment of missiles to syria blowing up have all occured in such a short period of time?

Some things seem a little to closely related. CIA anyone?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Humm, there are a lot of forest fires in there.... Perhaps deliberate fires, or perhaps caused by the sun?

I don't think Al Qaeda would attack the Koreas...maybe these fires were deliberate by one of the Koreas to hide something? Its all pretty much just speculation until we know more.

But its very strange, if its real and apparently it is, that the fires are all over the place, unless that picture was taken when the fires were getting estinguished.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Across North Korea, numerous fires were active on April 16, 2004. The fires were detected by the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on the Aqua satellite during its daytime overpass of the region, and their locations have been marked in orange in this image.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Looks almost the same, taken on April 16, 2004, the fires were marked in orange...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It does look exactly the same. Is there any reference as to how these forest fires begun?

top topics

join