It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barney Frank Present When Partner Arrested for Pot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Barney Frank Present When Partner Arrested for Pot. Well just look at this. Barnies little buddy was arrested for possession.

Rep. Barney Frank admitted Friday that he was sitting on the porch of his partner’s Maine home when police came to arrest his partner for marijuana possession.

Frank, responding to new reports that he was present during the Aug. 2007 arrest of James Ready, said in a statement he was unaware Ready had marijuana plants

Source - Fox News

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

This was back in 2007.

But it is funny that his partner had all of this stuff in his house and good ole Barney didn't know about it.

Maybe he thought those plants were ficases.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

Yeah and it is amazing that we barely heard a peep about it until now. What if Mrs. Bush (GW's wife) was caught with a house full of pot. The Liberal Media would have busted a blood vessel to their brain in the rush to get the story out.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I just wish I could have seen the look on his face when the raid started.

Priceless.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

removed post to be more adult like... maybe when I am 80 I will grow up.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

well i would have to say...i think a president's wife getting busted for possession is a slightly bigger deal.

and it would probably be cooler to watch the police raid the white house.

but i see where you are coming from nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Sorry, I try to stay away from personnel appearances.

The guy is an idiot, but I try not to make fun of the way a person looks.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Well you are probably right. I apologize for getting out of control. Thanks for being a good example.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

you're apologising NOW for getting out of control?! you have been out of control since the day you arrived on these boards....interrupting the flow, so to speak.

this is not the first time i have seen someone make a fool out of themselves by making this sort of talk about mr. frank. it says a lot about you.

to the topic: i am glad that the congressman is unapologetic about his association with marijuana. we need more public heroes for this particular cause.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Last time I checked smoking or growing weed in DC was a crime. I am sure Mr. Frank feels he is above the law though. The only one I see interupting a thread right now is you my friend, but I welcome your participation anyway. I am not the type of person to get angry at people who have different beliefs than mine.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

You want to talk about interrupting the flow after that nice little post of yours? You spent the over whelming majority of your post ripping on hotsauce.

I don't even think you read the article.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

The only one I see interupting a thread right now is you my friend

o really?

removed post to be more adult like...

you dont see this as an interruption? you BOTH are walking just this side of troll, and i am hereby calling you out. do not try to defend youself. just walk away.

to the topic: how does it work? that whole thing about congressmen can't get arrested while serving in office or something of that nature? i am not positive, but i will stick my neck out and say that "yes, in fact, he IS above the law."

besides, its a dumb law.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Give me a break. Pot is nothing and if you think different you are brainwashed. Pure and simple. It is a plant. Stop thinking it is anything else. Laws can be wrong and have been. Who cares what other people do? If you drink beer or smoke tobacco you really have no complaint. Let people live.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
lol.

Im sorry, Im not laughing about the pot, my beliefs on pot are of an independant nature. Hey man, if thats what keeps you cool, Im all for it.

What I am laughing at, is the report using the term "partner".

I mean does it have to be that politically correct to call another mans boyfriend a partner?
Why didnt they just say "Barney Franks Boyfriend"?

"Partner" had me confused for a minute there, at first I thought they meant a buisness partner or something.
I guess ole barney like his boyfriends smashed so they dont have to think about bangin' it with a pug face.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

For some reason I don't beleive you're from Happy Valley.

Did we all have a laugh?

Anyways, I find it very hard to believe that Mr. Frank was sitting on the back porch at a friends house and was unaware he had pot plants.

Actually, to be honest, he's probably been stoned every day since. I mean, let's just look at what he's been in charge of.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The funny thing about this.......is the fact the LEFTY'S.......will freak on it. Fact is Barney is a turd...I am not in line with his lifestyle....but that isn't my issue. I can't believe he gets voted for! We all suffer because of his power and his office. Can't anyone figure this out? I'm in the middle when it comes to this stuff......but Barney??????? WTF? Can't we do better? It's almost funny, one of the coolest places in the world.....NY......can have Charlie & Bernie........WTH?

I just dumb struck by these obvious facts.....(I know that will get some noise). Fact is I won't review......but you can't argue with the truth. Love your Lib's? Not me......I don't like politic's spend a life doing it......2 years your out.......special referendum if your special.....by state......nothing less.......lose them all. Look at my state.......Ensign & Reid

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by tgidkp

Last time I checked smoking or growing weed in DC was a crime.

To dampen the fire

A. This all took place in Maine.
B. I agree with electrickoolaid that the equivalent isn't Mrs. Bush but more like Mrs. Bohner being busted for pot ... that being the proper analogy.

C. Apparently this was caught by the media by requesting a Police Report that these folks had never done before. Really, really sloppy reporting. Reporting 101.

to add fuel to the fire

It is hilarious, to me that Frank says:

Congressman Frank tells FOX25 that he was surprised and disappointed with what police found. He also tells us that he wouldn't recognize a marijuana plant if he saw one because he is, "not a great outdoorsman," and ,"wouldn't recognize most plants."

I find that absolutely the most ridiculous and disingenous thing I have read from a Politician in some time and it makes me think less of Frank.

Link to story incl. video of frank discussing this

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

removed post to be more adult like... maybe when I am 80 I will grow up.

I like it. Way to deny ignorance.

We all know Barney isn't 100% innocent but then again I could care less if he participated with his friend.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Have you ever actually spoken to him? You can be free to disagree with his politics and you even have the right to buy into the conservative propaganda. But I assure you, having met with the Congressman several times, an idiot he's not. The fact is, people from both sides consider him brilliant. Again, they may not agree with him but they respect him. And if you choose to regurgitate the conservative propaganda about him then a mirror might be a good choice for you.

As for pot... I'd rather have these people smoking doobies than drinking the way many of them do.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears

Maybe he thought those plants were ficases.

No, he thought they were "Fykuthith"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join