It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet - with no lights!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Excellent Photoshop!

BTW, if that's you in the avatar, you might want to think about easing up on the steroids...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

What unknown tech, the sound going away? I`ve had that happen to me a lot. I`ve had airliners go over in broad daylight and never see them, and fighters go over in the landing pattern, and never hear them until they were turning on the base leg. It`s an atmospheric thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I gave you a couple of answers, both of which are plausible. There are one or two here who agree with my answers.

Apparently you don't like my answer.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
mabye it was a b-3 bomber...the pilots like to fly close to the ground and scare the hell out of people...it happened to me and my dad on the utah az border while we were coming through a small canyon type area near the bridge...everything was calm. then woosh it flow by about 3 hundred feet in front of us and it was flying about 50 feet off the intersecting road ...and as soon as it flew by the sound was gone...coolest thing i've ever seen

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Do you live near the airport? When planes land, they kick on the reverse thrusters to slow down, and those things are LOUD!

I used to live about 2 miles from the airport here in Ottawa, and when planes landed, you could hear the reverse thrust for about 5-10 seconds, and then it was silent.

Sounds like what you are describing.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
We live in the U.S. west of the BlueWater Bridge.
We havent had what you experienced but we did have an
A-10 Thunderbolt (TankBuster) fly over at about 10:30 A.M. on 7/11/09.
(a first for us in this area)
Then, last night, we had some type of "chopper" fly over with only 2 red lights flashing in a strobe like sequence. the soundof it was so quiet it was hard to tell what it was 'til it was on top of us.
I have never seen a chopper fly at night without some kind of other
lighting. Out here they usually got a ground search beam on, or at least several other small lights that help us to identify them.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the A-10 came from Canada traveling East to west. It was quite a sight, never seeing one in flight before.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by aethernaut
I have not seen any jets flying without their lights on at night. However I have seen a small plane flying at night , with no lights on. When it passed under the light from the moon I could see it clearly and the plane was completely silent , no noise at all. I reasoned that it must have been 'drug-runners'.

It may very well have been a drug runner.

Fwiw - a light plane that's throttled back and on the glide path or simply descending is very quiet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join