It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know which five letters gun owners despise the most?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
All, this is an E-mail I recieved and I though I'd pass it on here so take a moment to read it and let me know what you think...I'm in

Also to note, I am not soliciting any type of donation rather only passing this along to those interested. Thanks.

November 5th, 2009

Dear NAGR supporter,

Do you know which five letters gun owners despise the most?

B.A.T.F.E.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) is without peer as the leading anti-gun agency of the Federal Government.

In fact, the BATFE has been flooding the peaceful homes of law-abiding gun owners with rivers of blood for more than two decades.

And hardly a year goes by without another slew of scandals -- tales of misconduct, abuse of power, sexual harassment and corruption... it never ends.

Don't you think it's time Congress abolished this unconstitutional agency all together?

I know I do.

That's why I hope you will join me in petitioning your member of Congress to abolish the BATFE.

Why should innocent, law-abiding gun owners have to live in fear of a rogue, anti-gun federal agency?

In 1992, gun-hating agents of the BATFE shot Randy Weaver's wife Vicki in the head while she held her ten-month-old daughter.

Her crime? Stepping in front of a "shoot on sight" Federal agent.

By the time the dust finally settled at Ruby Ridge, Federal agents had acquitted Randy Weaver of virtually all charges -- but not before murdering two members of his family in cold blood.

In a clear admission of Government guilt, the Weaver family was awarded millions of dollars in compensation for the wrongful deaths of Vicki Weaver and her son Sam.

Isn't that just typical government nonsense? They screw up, and then try to pay off their victims' families to make the problem go away.

Haven't you had enough of this government corruption?

I know I have.

Recently, the BATFE used your tax dollars to buy their agents Leatherman knives engraved with the words "Always Think Forfeiture."

That's just how the BATFE thinks...

They're not interested in protecting the Constitution or enforcing the law. The BATFE only wants to confiscate your firearms and your assets.

That's why the BATFE is also trying to shut down licensed home gun dealers.

By regulating when and where licensed dealers can sell guns and how they must keep their records -- with an eye to eliminate "certain kinds" of purchases -- the BATFE has effectively put home dealers out of business...

...which infringes on the right to keep and bear arms, disrupts the free market, and makes it more difficult for you and me to find local, trustworthy dealers to buy from.

Not only that, but it increases gun and ammunition costs since it discourages competition! I call it the hidden "BATFE tax."

And gun owners like you and me are supporting this agency with our hard-earned tax dollars!

I'm sure you agree this has to stop!

So please join me in demanding Congress abolish the tyrannical and out-of-control Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

This is the same gang whose agents admit to routinely falsifying documents and perjuring themselves to get warrants and wiretaps against law-abiding gun owners.

Decorated Army drill instructor David Olofson found this out the hard way. He lent an AR-15 style rifle to a friend, who took it shooting. At the range, it malfunctioned and fired a three-round burst.

That's all it took for the BATFE to confiscate the rifle as a possible "machine gun."

The BATFE's Firearms Test Bureau (FTB) conducted months of secret and unsupervised tests on Mr. Olofson's gun -- all without any standards, regulations or written procedures.

But even without any testing standards, the BATFE indicted Mr. Olofson on the trumped up charge of transferring a "machine gun" -- after, that is, they modified it and got it to malfunction again.

The BATFE even bribed Mr. Olofson's friend to testify against him.

Sounds like an effective racket for jailing political enemies if you ask me... confiscate, modify, indict.

I could go on and on with these stories of BATFE abuse. But one thing is absolutely clear: The BATFE must go...

...and you can help.

Please help the National Association for Gun Rights stamp out the jack-booted thugs in the BATFE by doing these three things.

1. Sign your petition to Congress, and tell them enough is enough: It's time to abolish the BATFE.

2. Call the United States House of Representatives at (202)225-3121 and tell them to stop funding the BATFE's campaign of terror against gun owners.

Through the grassroots support of gun owners like you, we can force Congress to stop using our tax dollars to fund this campaign of terror against law-abiding citizens.

The National Association for Gun Rights can mobilize thousands of grassroots gun rights activists just like you through the mail, online and over the phone.

It's high time Congress took action against the BATFE thugs.

By signing the National Association for Gun Rights "Abolish the BATFE" petition, you can help make that happen.

I know everyone's had to tighten his financial belt with the downturn in the economy. I've certainly noticed it in my home.

But rest assured, your contribution to the National Association for Gun Rights actually goes toward the fight against the BATFE and the anti-gun cabal in Washington.

Unlike the institutional gun groups -- who prefer political cocktail parties to the hard work of freedom -- the National Association for Gun Rights will never compromise.

Thank you in advance for signing our "Abolish the BATFE" petition.
For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
Executive Director
National Association for Gun Rights

P.S. Please take a moment to sign the petition to your member of Congress. Demand Congress take action at once and abolish the anti-gun BATFE.

Petition to congress

Edit to remove solicitations for donations.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by alyosha1981]

join