It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you deal with bad coworkers? once and for all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
hi guis and girls,its me stillalive,i started work in an photoshop retouch company,doing clothes for magazine,colors,faces blablabla.
everything is great,that kinda job in these crysis times is a goldmine,please dont hate on me ):

but afcourse in everyjob there is some rude person that you start to detest.
first why is he being so rude everytime he has to explain something to me,or correct my mistakes,like im his burden? im the new guy,i learn fast as fukin skynet! i dont even ask that much couse im shy and nice. when i ask the girl at work she explains everything nice to me.
2. how come he thinks i did some pic wrong when the TWO MANAGERS of the whole company find my work just perfect,and i just learned to do it days ago.
3. next is why im caughting so much,i passed a terrible flu,it left me with chornic caughting...try explaing that to a person like him.
4. i dont mind him showing me my mistakes,he explains,he helps,but i really start to think he hates me,or just wants to use me as a steamlifter.

well im good,i dont like to argue,im shy,but enough i have screwed my self couse of arrogant filth like that.
when i get angry,i start to forget,i do mistakes at my work,big mistakes,and i @$^ forgot my bag with food...rrrrr!

i guess ill just talk to my manager tomorow, i dont want to get fired,i will not loose my job,but since he says i should talk to him about anything,i should discuss this with him,besides there is an opening in the other shift,theyr all so nice there.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It won't suit everyone, but I learned to put a paper bag over my head

Really, my last employer was an absolute nightmare but I found a way to mostly block her out and get on with my job. Even when she was explaining for the umpteenth time how to use the shredder :shk:

That's the important thing - do the job properly. If there's a problem, politely ask how best to rectify it.

I could never understand why someone who was paying me to do a job would make as much effort to sabotage me as my ex-boss did. But in the end she realised that I was extremely good at what I did and I virtually ran the company for her.

That's what you have to do - prove your worth. Don't let personalities get in the way. You won't like everyone you work with but you need to adopt a professional attitude and be a team player.

In fact, it can be a disadvantage to be too friendly with co-workers, you might find you spend too much time chatting and too little getting the job done.

Having said that, it's not a bad idea to go for a drink now and then after work. That was a failing of mine, I rarely did that. It's a fine line, but you have to separate work and play.

Give yourself time to settle in, but be aware of office politics. Some people can be very jealous of anyone they perceive as a threat, but you have to understand that sometimes they are only pointing things out for your own good, or the good of the company.

You don't want to be a 'teacher's pet' but always remember who pays your wages - it isn't your fellow workers.

Oh, and never, ever gossip about anyone.

Good luck.

PS - Honey and lemon in warm water should help you to feel better

[edit on 6-11-2009 by berenike]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

A few years ago when I was a business owner and found that I had hired a disagreeable worker; I simply fired them, with the explanation that they were total asshats and I didn't want them in my shop.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and I am employed in a very stressful, high energy, job with egos the size of California. Which is where most of these egos are from. [film industry]

I have learned the useful talent of invisibility. Wear sunglasses so they won't notice you looking at them when they are off on a rant, Stay in small groups of your coworkers to lessen your odds of getting singled out for abuse, tell everyone you are from Germany and paint all your fingernails a different color; a sure sign of high wierdness. Huge egos shy away from wierd people.

I have found these simple steps allow me to stand around all day, eat snacks, drink coffee or juice, visit with my friends and still get paid.

edit to add.....in the off chance an ego notices you; never look them directly in the eyes, lower your head, and whimper occasionally. Once they feel they have the upper hand, they usually leave you alone and you can resume your previous position in the world of adult daycare.

Livin the dream.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
thanks man im leaving the dream XD yea in my case im too good,so people like that just get bad and badder until i scream at them liek mad XD
but i guess it will be allright,ill report

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think you are not seeing the obvious here. Your the new guy. your young. Your the threat.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
yea i have ambition for them to send me to work in germany, so i can "succeed".
anyway i talked to the manager. he sayd there is no such thing,but if he is really hostile like that he will talk seriusly to him about boundaryes.
i guess next time he starts being like that im just going to ask him what is his problem?
but im so emo,when i start to hate someone i cant stand them another day damn>_

top topics

join