It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi fighter jets reportedly strike rebel targets in Yemen

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I live in NI, let me clarify some points for you

"PROTESTANT ENGLISH DERIVED MINORITY"- not sure where to start with that, NI has a majority British population, not "minority", also, they are not "ENGLISH" they are NORTHERN IRISH, with most having acnestry from Scotland SEVERAL CENTURIES earlier.

The IRA hijacked a debatable civil rights movement to conduct a poorly supported sectarian war on the border issue

I was getting deep historical roots. A topic for elsewhere.

Some parallels here in Canada where there is a sizable French minority who talk about separating from the more dominating English majority. It usually comes down to wealth, control and power not religion or ancestry.

I think Ireland is a great place btw.

M

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by blueorder
I live in NI, let me clarify some points for you

"PROTESTANT ENGLISH DERIVED MINORITY"- not sure where to start with that, NI has a majority British population, not "minority", also, they are not "ENGLISH" they are NORTHERN IRISH, with most having acnestry from Scotland SEVERAL CENTURIES earlier.

The IRA hijacked a debatable civil rights movement to conduct a poorly supported sectarian war on the border issue

I was getting deep historical roots. A topic for elsewhere.

Some parallels here in Canada where there is a sizable French minority who talk about separating from the more dominating English majority. It usually comes down to wealth, control and power not religion or ancestry.

I think Ireland is a great place btw.

M

Only, in Canada the French are the power and a sizeable majority. Almost every PM is French. Most of the cabinet ministers are French. Top Bureaucrats are French.

Yet, they somehow paint themselves as a vicimtized lot.

I'd have to say that comparing them with groups suffering from oppression is a very bad comparison.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Only, in Canada the French are the power and a sizeable majority. Almost every PM is French. Most of the cabinet ministers are French. Top Bureaucrats are French.

Yet, they somehow paint themselves as a vicimtized lot.

I'd have to say that comparing them with groups suffering from oppression is a very bad comparison.

Hey lighten up. I'm not French Canada but my late wife was.

Just banter here. The French are a decreasing population majority. Political leaders do not make up a culture and economy.

Canada when you get down to it operates as a resource supplier to the US with it's autonomous government to handle domestic stuff. We're sort of an independently owned retail star that's part of a chain of 50 stores. The unofficial 51st state with historical ties to England and France.

The French suffer from low self esteem here so we have to humour them once in a while and get a piece of the pie that goes with the politics racket.

M

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Saudi military enforcing no-go zone inside Yemen

* Saudi forces try to keep Yemen rebels away from border

* 10 km deep "kill zone" no place for civilians

* Saudi navy patrols off northern Yemen - Saudi govt adviser

By Alistair Lyon, Special Correspondent BEIRUT, Nov 12 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia is using air power and artillery to enforce a 10 km (six mile) deep buffer zone inside Yemen to keep Yemeni rebels away from its southwestern border, a Saudi government adviser said on Thursday.

Saudi officials said heavy guns had pounded insurgent positions across the border on Thursday to create what Saudi media have called a "kill zone". The defence ministry spokesman in Riyadh could not immediately be reached for comment.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Thread Update

Well I knew it would heat up. This little talked about conflict will lead to a greater American participation. Meanwhile everybody and their brother here at ATS focus on a fictitious attack on Iran by Israel.

US air raids kill 63 civilians in SE Yemen

Yemen's Houthi fighters say scores of civilians, including many children, have been killed in US air-raids in the southeast of the war-stricken Arab country.

The Shia fighters on Friday reported the deaths of 63 people, including some 28 children, in the southeastern province of Abyan.

Almost 90 people were also injured in the attacks by US warplanes in the village of Bakazam, they added.

Yemen's southern provinces have recently been the scene of US airstrikes which Washington claims to be aimed at uprooting an al-Qaeda cell operative in the Persian Gulf state.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Frogs

What do you think the possibility is Iran is attempting to deflect attention away from itself by stirring the pot elsewhere?
Clashes reported at Iranian rally

You mean, kind of like seizing control of an oil field in Iraq? With a reported 11 - 12 soldiers? Seems to me to be a diversion. I'm no military expert, but I should think that if one wanted to actually seize and maintain control of an oil field located beyond one's own border they would do so with more than a dozen soldiers and a flag.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yeah...

that seems kind of odd especially when Iran is making it's big deal about going nuclear and all.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Meanwhile everybody and their brother here at ATS focus on a fictitious attack on Iran by Israel.

Very true.

I wonder when people will get tired of the failed predictions about when the US or Israel will attack Iran.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It's funny and sad at the same time...

It makes for great conspiracies. I'm no Israeli fanboy... Far from it but. They have been accused and convicted already about the "Supposed" attack that's coming [YAWN] meanwhile nothing has happened or will happen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join