It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure commercial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've just finished listening to the Bassett C2C interview. He mentioned the Million Fax on Washington initiative to try and force disclosure, but, what got me wondering is, where are the disclosure commericals?

IMO these people, Greer, Bassett, and the likes, are being way too narrow minded in thinking that they only need to convince the government to disclose. If there's not enough pressure from everyday people, they can forget about disclosure anytime soon.

So, why aren't these groups pushing commericals? If they could get enough cash, why not advertise it during the Super Bowl? It could be as simple as a quick compliation of the most compelling UFO footage followed by an ending phrase like "Is the government telling us everything?" tagged with a website on disclosure underneath.
It would get people talking about the subject. It would make the question part of serious conversation and not just a question that appears within the UFO community.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Disclosure commercials.

That is just one helluva great idea. In fact, I'd wager that there are all kinds of video gurus out there who would jump at the chance to make a few of these ads. There could be a contest... like some political entities offered in the past, to produce viral TV ads.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by xEphon

Disclosure commercials.

That is just one helluva great idea. In fact, I'd wager that there are all kinds of video gurus out there who would jump at the chance to make a few of these ads. There could be a contest... like some political entities offered in the past, to produce viral TV ads.

That's what I'm thinking. If they want everyone to take disclosure seriously then take a lesson from the big boys in advertising and sell it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I totally agree

But do you think the powers that be would let them make and air comersials?

I dont, but it would be nice to have disclosure for sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gareth01422
I totally agree

But do you think the powers that be would let them make and air comersials?

I dont, but it would be nice to have disclosure for sure.

All they have to do is uploading it up on conspiracy sites such as ATS media and we will take care of the rest really.

Anyways send an email to some of them now suggesting this idea?

*Edited*

Or maybe the staff of ATS need to get on board of this idea. We could get this viral and it would also help market the website.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by nahsik]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Anyways send an email to some of them now suggesting this idea?

Yup... sent link to this thread to both TDP and PRG.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Or maybe the staff of ATS need to get on board of this idea. We could get this viral and it would also help market the website.

Equally a good idea. The ad production campaign could include a contest for the best video and then... someone in either ATS or the UFO disclosure community could fund the airing of them on TV.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Equally a good idea. The ad production campaign could include a contest for the best video and then... someone in either ATS or the UFO disclosure community could fund the airing of them on TV.

Even just posting them around on streaming sites such as youtube, veoh, dailymotion, myspace vids etc. would be free advertising and the idea of designing a competition around this is even more of a brilliant idea.

Disclosure needs to be addressed already.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

All really great ideas. It would be great if it was something that was sponsored by theabovenetwork. Hear that Springer, lots of advertisement!

Imagine the buzz in the UFO community once it was found out that the theabovenetwork was sponsoring a prime time disclosure commercial.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i would donate... haha, not enough to get it air play unfortunatly.. but i think this is a great idea, what a way to open the eyes of people who only watch msm

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Even just posting them around on streaming sites such as youtube, veoh, dailymotion, myspace vids etc. would be free advertising and the idea of designing a competition around this is even more of a brilliant idea.

No doubt but what I would really like to see is some of that mention in the OP... an ad on TV that shows some of the better UFO material and then a closer like... 'Want to know more? Tell your government that it is time for Disclosure!'

This could snowball into something really big if TPTB in the UFO community would work together on a campaign like this.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hey, i think that is a neat idea, that could work and get people interested and involved even more! Even if it was just on YouTube itself would be worth it. The community and internet is large...If it made its way on tv, now that would really be something! Could be just a 30 second intense clip...

[edit on 6/11/09 by Cybernet]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
But would it do any good really, larry king is pretty big over there, and he tries to do it seriously as there is an audience, but people do not care.

So although it is a good idea, would it really matter that much, and you would need obama money to get him elected to push it that far.

If you where a billionaire, now you could spend what they spent on obama, and raise awareness, but they spent a billion at least to get obama elected, and he was running against a loser like mccain.

Now what you really need to do, is ask preston nichols to build you some mind control device, and be able to transmit into all the minds of every in a whole city, about aliens and ufos, that would be a good idea, but we do not have the money for that either, as only the government has the money for that.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
Hey, i think that is a neat idea, that could work and get people interested and involved even more! Even if it was just on YouTube itself would be worth it. The community and internet is large...If it made its way on tv, now that would really be something! Could be just a 30 second intense clip... something along the lines "Demand what you have the right to know."

[edit on 6/11/09 by Cybernet]

Definitely. But I think the main goal should be to get people exposed to the idea of disclosure who normally are not. In this way youtube could be a springboard for the bigger purpose.

I like the idea of trying to get everyone involved. So many people want to do something but have no idea what or how to do it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

I agree. Hey, I already can think of a theme and the lines...Check it out:

Scene fade-in. Showing the night sky above with stars.
Narrator voice: "Space."
After 2 seconds, continues:
"Have you ever thought wheter we are alone?"
Showing Earth, then fast zooming out of solar system, galaxy, etc.
"...In this vast, never ending universe...?"
After 2 seconds
"What's out there?"
Quick showing of UFO footage from the past 60 years (12 seconds)
"What's waiting for us?
Showing some positive images...with Steven Greer talking how important it is, quickly showing him, Bassett and others... (10 seconds)
"Demand what you have the right to know."
Website links...
End

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

But has not hollywood already done all the kinds of ads or movies to depict aliens you could want.

Look how much money it took to get obama elected even over a no hoper like mccain, to bring change. They reckon over a billion dollars.

Thats the only way you could do what you want, if you had real money to invest to get the public mind to switch to thinking about these things.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Cybernet

But has not hollywood already done all the kinds of ads or movies to depict aliens you could want.

Look how much money it took to get obama elected even over a no hoper like mccain, to bring change. They reckon over a billion dollars.

Thats the only way you could do what you want, if you had real money to invest to get the public mind to switch to thinking about these things.

Sure Hollywood has, but, thats the problem. People see the movies and the parodys and never get pased the fact that it's just that...a movie. So they watch the movie and go about their lives as normal. What people need is to be exposed to the real events that are taking place.

The goal shouldn't be to convert everyone's belief system by bombarding them with comercials. I believe the goal should be to get people interested in actual events. To get people talking seriously about the topic and not just when a new movie comes out, or when a new show is aired. This is why I think a serious commercial about disclosure is a great way to promote that.

I can only imagine how many people have had experiences but feel too ashamed to say anything about it because they don't want to be labeled as crazy since the only thing that is promoted is Hollywood's version of ET's.
Present people with real footage and real questions and let it go from there. Can you imagine the raction if something like this was aired during the Super Bowl?
The morning radio talking heads would be all over it. Callers would be talking about it. Who knows, maybe those who felt ashamed about their experience would start talking about it too. And, if things work out, there would be a snowballing effect.

Worst case scenario you get thousands of new visitors to this site and others like it, and that is never a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The problem with doing this would be the average person watching the boob tube would say something along the lines of "Wow, that looks cool, when is THAT movie coming out?".

It would just zoom right over their heads.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hell yeah, I'm in. Here is my contribution for now, as I have no video skills:

Flag n Bump.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
At this time a commercial appealing to the public would be a waste of money for obvious reasons (I still am amazed at the inability for the average member here to step back and look at the big picture in order to understand this).

It would go nowhere because this subject is LAUGHABLE....because of ignorant morons like Greer and Basset. Until there is MAINSTREAM media coverage on a regular basis (we're talking swine flu style coverage here) a commercial for the public wont do ANY good. Wait until this subject is a little less laughable, and them maybe a commercial would get enough public attention to turn on the main stream media.

Unfortunately at this time, a commercial would bring attention to this subject when we least want it. Can you imagine the average Joe getting his interest peaked a tad, then, as everyone does, doing a little look-see on the internet, maybe googling it or something.....and then POW, they instantly see this cesspool of lunacy that only serves to enforce the stereotype this subject has gathered over the years due to ignorant believers and those that take advantage of them like Greer and Basset (among hundreds of others). That would be the end of any beginning groundswell of public support, and the news wont really cover it for the same reason.

Until the voices that speak for this subject the loudest aren't lunatics with, unfortunately, large followings any money spent to get the public involved will just be a total waste.

Really easy to understand, guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join