It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Obama show support by flying to Ft Hood

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

In America a person is also supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

In the military you are pretty much guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mundane Egg
reply to post by Sparky63

I was a soldier under Bush and the morale was horrible. We were angry for being sent to a war that we had no need to go into and for pulling troops out of a war that we should have been in. We all wanted to catch Bin Laden instead we went into Iraq.

Obama has already done more for the troops than Bush did unless you consider having our brothers and sisters killed, maimed and traumatized doing something.

The best thing he should do right now is to direct happenings and inquiries from a distance. To show up there now would redirect resources and energies toward the president (no matter who was in office) from what is needed right now.

In the military there is rarely if ever a lot of respect for brass or for any president.

I was in the Army during Clinton, Bush and now Obama.

I long for the days of Bush.

You want to talk about low morale you should have served under Clinton. Those were fun times.

As for Obama, he really hasn't done anything for the soldiers except piss them off.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

In America a person is also supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

sure. and the eyewitness testimony of the guy hiding in the bushes who saw the shooter exit the building, stalking a victim that was already wounded and crawling away. Right before he shot that person, the cop started shooting at him. So he charged her. She shot at him, he shot at her. He ended up laying near death with a shot in the torso. She was shot in the thigh and hand.

I think the account that was provided by that individual is enough, combined the the officer (who i assume will back up what is said by the witness)...since i am not on the jury, that is all i need to know. Done deal. Let the trial commence.

Now, if there is anything new that is unknown, certainly it could change my opinion. But it seems pretty straight forward, given the eyewitness accounts being released.

The only things that are likely to be added is culpability for people that allowed him to continue as a soldier. Financially speaking, he was a valuable asset. Lots of money invested in him. Who blew it? Lost not only him, but 14 other soldiers. Who didn't do their jobs? That is the only real, lingering question. We will see who is scape goated, i guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The only reason Obama didn't go to Fort Hood is that he was too busy pushing Obamacare thru the House. He doesn't give a crap about Soldiers; to him, they are just kevlar that can mow his grass.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

All of that is fine and dandy, but at the end of the day, regardless of his religion, he is an American citizen first, and because of this, should be protected by our laws and afforded due process.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

All of that is fine and dandy, but at the end of the day, regardless of his religion, he is an American citizen first, and because of this, should be protected by our laws and afforded due process.

absolutely he should. Since i am not a judge, juror, or attorney in this case, i am going to draw my own opinion and then update my opinion as new information comes in. My opinion right now is that he is a Muslim Terrorist that infiltrated our Armed Services.

of course, i beliave that our "inalienable rights" should apply to everyone. The whole Gitmo issue is stupid. They are ciminals. Try them like criminals, and move on. If you need a special prison because of the danger of putting them in regular population, then so be it. but it really isn't that hard.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join