It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'V' Miniseries "Aims at Obama"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Actually, its a remake of an old miniseries that aired in 84, when I was a kid and was quite scared of such things
With the knowledge that I have today, I see something else in this series that scares me as an adult: the parallels with Obamamania, and with David Icke's material.. Here's an interesting article that I found on this very subject, as it relates to the Obama administration. Interestingly enough, it is published in the Chicago Tribune:

Imagine this. At a time of political turmoil, a charismatic, telegenic new leader arrives virtually out of nowhere. He offers a message of hope and reconciliation based on compromise and promises to marshal technology for a better future that will include universal health care.

The news media swoons in admiration -- one simpering anchorman even shouts at a reporter who asks a tough question: "Why don't you show some respect?!" The public is likewise smitten, except for a few nut cases who circulate batty rumors on the Internet about the leader's origins and intentions. The leader, undismayed, offers assurances that are soothing, if also just a tiny bit condescending: "Embracing change is never easy."

So, does that sound like anyone you know? Oh, wait -- did I mention the leader is secretly a totalitarian space lizard who's come here to eat us?

Welcome to ABC's "V," the most fascinating and bound to be the most controversial new show of the fall television season. Nominally a rousing sci-fi space opera about alien invaders bent on the conquest (and digestion) of all humanity, it's also a barbed commentary on Obamamania that will infuriate the president's supporters and delight his detractors. Continued at source

That is exactly how I felt days after the election of Barrack Obama. It was like I had fallen asleep and woke up in some paralell universe. It was Hitleresque the attention and favorable press that this man received, like he was the "One" prophesied Messiah that we had all been waiting for. This false euphoria was drummed up by our state controlled MSM. It was too much to stomach at times... people worshipping a lying-rat politician, like he was a God. I just wanted to grab somebody and say: "wake the Hell up!"

I also find it interesting the parallels between this miniseries and the reptillian conspiracies of David Icke. These alien reptillians have created all of these organizations, like the boyscouts, etc. in an effort for propagandizing and training the masses. They infilitrate all levels of government, schooling, military, police, etc... Does that sound like the Illuminati? The interesting point to make is that the miniseries aired, originally, in 1984, long before David Icke began his work, which apparently has nothing to do with the miniseries.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by HothSnake]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think its hillarious that people act like Obama has it so easy and everyone loves him and follows his every move.

All I have seen from the start is people finding ways to bash him and even when he is popular with the people according to polls its pointed out how unpopular he is compared to himself previously.

The reality for me is obama was loved more by corporations so he was a bit more supported then he was today. Now that big pharma and other realize he wants to change things and it will hurt their profits. Those big companies are now doing everything they can to show obama as a whack job hell bent on ruining the USA. The truth is the USA was already ruined we are just now finally seeing the effects over time.

The US is like a bridge that looked great on the outside but was really rusting and rotting away. Obama is just the last guy to walk across it and have it fall apart.

Don't take this to say I think he is perfect or the isn't causing us issues but I think people are giving him far more credit for doing and planning horrible things then he deserves.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

True, he has seen more resistance lately, mainly over his healthcare scam that he is currently trying to ram down our throats. On this issue I think that he is merely following the orders that were given him at the last Bilderberg meeting, however, I and this article are speaking more about the first few months of his administration. Even a cursory observer would have to admit that it was a bit odd in the the treatment that he recieved from the news media, treating him like the second coming of Moses, and even later referring to him as the fourth Kennedy brother. He was dubbed the savior of the planet, and even recently recieved the Nobel Peace Prize for essentially just breathing. Even Hillary Clinton was pissed that the guy got such good press, and she seemed to get the shaft in comparison.

What did he do with this amazing capital? In the midst of what was dubbed the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, he proceeded to have the most expensive innauguration in the history of the U.S., lined his administration with the same Wall Street cronies that had put us in this mess in the first place, and renigged on every campaign promise that he had made. I think that this is the main reason that he is now seeing some resistance come, not from press, for the most part, but from the people. They see the lack of "change" that he and the news media had promised us all, and simply feel now that they have been scammed, which is exactly what happened. Not even Bill Clinton recieved the kid gloves treatment by the news media that Obama has recieved up to this point. Just like in the mini series, a grass roots level uprising has ocurred, mostly of those that were once worshipping our new saviour and have now woken up to the reality that it was a sham.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I would consider that the first airing was in 1984 (Orwellian 1984). Hints at total government control of everything, even thought and will. "V" is about Obama, and everyone should watch it. I only wish that ABC had put the Obama hope symbol under the mother spaceship instead of the woman's face. That would've driven the message home.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yeah, I think the series aim the ignorance of the people

obama moviment is a joke

I heard people crying, saying, " OH, OBAMA IS ELECTED, BEST DAY OF MY LIFE"

well, hahaha its a joke

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join