It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Strange Orange Lights : Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ok, I know it is fireworks night here in Scotland, but the two strange orange lights we saw in the saw tonight over North Lanarkshire, were definitely not fireworks. Travelling from a south west direction at around 15,000 feet the first one travelled in that direction then took a right angled turn to the SE then again it switched direction to the east.

At that point another light just appeared, it followed the same direction then jumped straight to east direction!!

I have a video of the second light. Don't think these were Chinese lanterns, as they must have been bloody huge to be able to see at that height!

I am uploading the raw videos just now to uploading.com, they are i.TOD format so I would recommend the use of VLC player to view the videos. I will mux them to AVI and youtube them for anyone who cannot use VLC!

Thanks

First video, this is actually the second fragment of it!

uploading.com...

uploading.com...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by roblin]

[edit on 5-11-2009 by roblin]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'd like to have a look... thx.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by roblin

dude, please uploaded to megaupload or rapidshare, that uploading is tripping out, saying my ip is downloading it already! ....

i really wanna see this, i think my first thoughts were lanterns but nothing is certain..

just one question, why 15000 ft ? is their a reason for that, thats quite high, like , half a 747 hight at cruise (i think)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Haven't seen the video as I have the same problem as boaby_phet, but I saw something similar tonight in Durham (northern England for those that don't know) about 6:30pm.

I think it was at about cloud level as it disappeared after a few minutes, but it was coming from the south-east. It looked to me like it was a bit bigger than just the light I could see, but I don't know for sure.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, I was driving from Coatbridge to Lanark earlier tonight ... passing through Chapelhall approx 18:15 hrs we saw two similar lights ... but one was most definitely a Chinese lantern because you could see the flame at its base quite clearly, it was only a hundred or so feet off the ground, the other lantern was sky high.

OP was that anywhere near your location ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Roblin: it's very hard to say what that was. It could've very easily been a Chinese Lantern, but it also could've been an authentic UFO orb, as they look identical from a distance.

Tell me a few things: 1) did it appear to flicker, pulsate, etc.; did it look like it was on fire? 2) describe it's movement -- how fast did it appear to travel and did it make any turns. Did it appear to just "drift" in the sky, or was it moving at a fixed pace? 3) was there any sound? 4) did you see anything fall from the object, like lava or the like?

This is an authentic ET UFO orb, filmed by member ufoorbhunter: openvideo.dailymotion.com...

There's a noticeable difference between the authentic lightships and the lanterns. The authentic UFO lightships appear to flicker colours associated with the light spectrum (colours from a rainbow), and they pulsate from the center. They also emit a high-pitched electrostatic "crackling" noise, kind of like frying eggs. They're just masses of pure electromagnetic energy; pure light. So beautiful. I can't wait to see one again.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
In response to a few questions..

Location was south of Bellshill, direction from Uddingston then Hamilton then directly east along the route of the M74 south, I would say!
Time was approx 19:30

The height is quite easily guaged as we are over one of the flight paths from Glasgow airport, usually the planes are coming in about 5000 to 7000 feet over our area!

The light as you will see in the videos, reminded me of a planet in the sky, you know how it blinks differently from actual stars!

The movement was smooth apart from the first one taking a right angled turn then another direct turn! The second one was again smooth and again make a direct turn. The speed I would say would be faster than a helicopter but slower than a aeroplane! Nothing fell from them that we could see, there were 7 of us and a few kids! No sound what we could hear, but remember there were rockets and fireworks going off all the time!

Hope that helps some of you, plus I am uploading to rapidshare as I tyoe this!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by roblin

Roblin, I don't want to play devils advocate but there's a major fireworks display in Strathclyde Park tonight, of that I'm sure you're familiar ... 5th November n' all.

Isn't it beyond the realms of possibility they're just Chinese Lanterns ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The two videos on rapidshare for teh guys who cannot download from uploading!

rapidshare.com...

rapidshare.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Yeah, we went down to see the display an hour after we saw the lights

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I was driving up through livingston interchange. And to the west I saw a definate large glow in the sky. I had my son and wife in the car and we were looking for fireworks to keep him amused.

The light was low in the sky and was being obscured by trees. I thought at the time it was strange and knew it was far too big to be a firework (which were going of all over) and it didn't disipate. I passed it of as a plane with exceptionally bright lights but i still wasn't convinced(we are on the main landing route to edinburgh airport) as it was really low in the sky, much lower than planes come in. I couldn't stop because we were in moving traffic. The only way i could describe it was like the colour of the setting sun and pretty much about half the size. The sun had been long gone for a while so i knew it wasn't that. Def not a chinese lantern as the trees obscuring it were at least 1 1/2 miles away.

I did think it could be a bonfire but it would have to have been a couple of hundred feet in mid air as i know there is no land or hills behind those trees.

I work in coatbridge so i know where the OP was looking from and if his light did turn east then it would definately have been coming from the direction he said it was.

Not saying it was the OP's light but definately something unusual from the right direction and at around the right time (7.30pm - 7.40pm). His video did look as if it was much higher in the sky than what I saw.

I will check the local media etc... to see if anyone else saw it

I watch the skies around our way all the time in the hope of catching something. I have seen lots in the sky that could easily be explained. However this one isn't.

However I could be wrong. I did feel however after reading the OP's post and watching his videos that I needed to report my sighting.

Livingston is about 15 miles as the crow flies east of the OP's original position for those that don't know.

Like i say not convinced by it but you never know.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I viewed with no sound.
So they just stood around.
Perhaps some enthusiasm next time and run down to the object.
The fire looks superimposed and unreal.
As if it was taken from one of the fire objects in the sky.

new topics

top topics

join