It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoners Save Guard From Inmate Attack

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Prisoners Save Guard From Inmate Attack

news.sky.com

Shocking footage of an inmate strangling a guard at a Florida jail before other prisoners battled to save him has been released.

Surveillance cameras spotted Douglas Burden, 24, charging at 64-year-old Kenneth Moon in Orient Road Jail, Tampa.

Mr Moon was the sole guard in a prison block that houses 62 inmates, when Burden pounced, Central Florida News 13's website said.

Jerry Dieguez Jr, detained over an armed home invasion charge, was the first rescuer to reach Burden and hit him with a "haymaker" punch, according to Tampa Bay Online (TBO).
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well i know that i am usualy the first one to ask for good stories about the police in order to balance out the bad, but i never thought i'd be doing it with prisoners too!

It's great to hear, this officer certainly owes his life to those inmates, but how often do you hear or something like this?

Maybe the strangler wasn't liked much, i don't know, but i bet they'll be reviewing staffing there now. One guy to look after 62 inmates, most of who appear to have access to the guard, including those who have killed?

Is that not asking for trouble?

Oh well, a heartwarming story from a very unusual situation.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/11/09 by CX]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
that's pretty cool. i love happy endings

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ahh, they were just trying to get time off for good behavior

Seriously though,
to the inmates for doing the right thing. I wonder if they will be removed from the "general population" of the prison, as they may be subject to further violence for helping out the guard.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wow, you even see one pick up what I assume is a radio and call in for help, thats something I would have never expected to see.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Great story - nice to see the good of humankind for a change.

Good punch too

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice how bloody fat those guards were?

Holy Hell guys, lay off the flippin donuts for Christ's sake.

It's a good thing for those other prisoners, otherwise that guard would have been done for.

top topics

join