It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US-Afghanistan withdrawal in 6-Months?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The "Go Deep" strategy proposed by Davis would establish an 18-month time frame during which the bulk of U.S. and NATO combat forces would be withdrawn from the country. It would leave U.S. Special Forces and their supporting units, and enough conventional forces in Kabul to train Afghan troops and police and provide protection for U.S. personnel.

This should be considered because after all durring the first 2 months or so of the initial war in the north, the CIA operatives were hoofing it alone, cooperating with the Northern War Lords and the B52s overhead. They were rather incredibly effective. A lot can be said for talented, highly trained forces.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by SLAYER69

If he doesn’t meet the conditions within six months, Obama has told him America will pull out,” said an official with access to Mr Karzai’s inner circle.

It's always some mysterious "official" with no name or designation. It's another way of saying, "We just made up some BS to sell papers and/or manipulate opinions".

I don't buy it!

IRM

Ahh...

that's why I brought to ATSs attention.

I think this is worth pursuing over the next few days and weeks.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Excellent find.

I have always wonder why Obama has not taking a much bigger role on what he called a necessary war.

During the campiagn he seemed to speak as though he had a plan for Afghanistan, but one year from the time he got elected we have yet to see his plan rolled out.

One cannot help but wonder what the big hold up is.

Could it be a cop out under bogus reasons? I mean, how many other countries do we do business with that are just as corrupt or even more corrupt.

Of course, the exception here is that we have troops in harms way.

Like I have said before, if Obama is unable or unwilling to set clear, concise objectives that our troops can meet in a timely manner, then he should BRING OUR TROOPS HOME.

I'M tired of hearing about our or our allies troops getting killed while he's out playing G-ball or B-ball instead of making this utmost important decision.

Oct 5, 2009

President Obama is not considering the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, the White House said Monday.

"I don't think we have the option to leave. That's quite clear," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said in his daily briefing with reporters, two days after eight U.S. troops and two Afghan soldiers were killed during a firefight in a remote region of the country.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 4-11-2009 by jam321]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Mark my words we will never ever leave Afghanistan waay to much money to be made there for the military industrial complex, private contractors, cia, mi-6 run drug trade.

There is no insentive to leave except no public support and even then the gov't never listens to the public even when NAFTA passed no one wanted it and even when no one wants it they just put rigged polls on TV to tell us that everyone wants it.

When all else fails the CIA or another intelligence group will stage a false flag and we will be there again.

This info is just coming up as a teaser and a hope because Dems are losing voters now because they haven't done anything about getting bringing the troops home like they said they would.

Before they kept saying Bush is blocking us now they have no excuses they just don't because they get paid by the same special interests the Republicans do. So Obama will try and posture again that he doesn't want anymore war until they win more elections then "oh noes our troops need help fighting invisible enemies" and we get a surge.

We will not only not leave but we will send MORE troops i guarantee it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Mark my words we will never ever leave Afghanistan waay to much money to be made there for the military industrial complex, private contractors, cia, mi-6 run drug trade.

I think the Russian mob and the Chinese will do just fine after we leave. Remember there are billions to be made.

UN report: Russia becomes largest market for Afghan heroin

Russia has become the biggest consumer of Afghan heroin with 21% of all the drug consumed in the world, as of the latest UN Office on Drugs and Crime report “Addiction, Crime and Insurgency” published on October 21.

According to the report, no less than 70 tons of heroin were trafficked to Russia in 2008 – that’s three times more than to the US and Canada together, and much more than previously estimated.

“It's being brought to Russia across the unprotected, transparent, and I would call them virtual borders, which were established after the collapse of the Soviet Union,” says Viktor Ivanov, head of the Federal Drug Control Service.

Heroin Trafficking

At present, opium poppies are mostly grown in Afghanistan, and in Southeast Asia, especially in the region known as the Golden Triangle straddling Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Yunnan province in the People's Republic of China.

The majority of the heroin consumed in the United States comes from Mexico and Colgmbia. Up until 2004, Pakistan was considered one of the biggest opium-growing countries.

Problems shooting up in Afghanistan

Afghanistan’s opium production is used to fund insurgencies against invading U.S. forces. The money from Afghan opium trickles through everyone in the country — from farmers to police to government officials. Outside the country, Afghan opium production is a $65-billion industry.

Afghanistan is now responsible for 92 percent of the world’s opium supply.

Most of this supply is distributed throughout Pakistan, Russia, Europe and China. Russia has been hit hard with heroin use, as deaths resulting from AIDS have exploded from 1,900 people in 2001 to 40,000 in 2007, 80 percent of which resulted from dirty needles.

The U.S. war in Afghanistan strongly influences Russia’s rising heroin statistics. After the U.S. went into Afghanistan, the Taliban needed more weapons and money, facilitating increased opium production. Russian gangsters trade military weapons with Taliban drug lords for heroin, fueling the vicious cycle with the U.S. military.

Source

Russia is the world's top consumer of Afghan heroin. Last month President Dmitry Medvedev warned that high drug use amongst the country's youth was a threat to national security.

Michel Kazatchkine, executive director of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria, said AIDS still carried heavy stigma in Russia and the government needed to address this.

"Something in society is malfunctioning and it is unable to talk aloud about weaknesses," he said.

11.5 kg of Heroin Seized in SE China

2009-08-25
Police in the southeastern Chinese border town of Zhuhai have recently seized 11.5 kilograms of heroin and arrested five suspected drug traffickers, Xinhua News Agency reports.

It is reportedly the biggest drug case in China in three years. Besides the large amount of heroin, police also confiscated other drugs, raw materials, a pistol and 97 bullets.

CHINESE NOW DOMINATE NEW YORK HEROIN TRADE

Sunday, August 9, 1987
Chinese criminals have taken over the dominant role in New York City's heroin industry, in a sudden restructuring of a multibillion-dollar enterprise that for decades was the preserve of the Mafia, Federal law-enforcement officials say.

Authorities say ethnic Chinese traffickers have recently been flooding the New York market with huge shipments of Southeast Asian heroin, or China White, which is among the world's purest.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is all empty rhetoric from the administration we ain't going nowhere there is far too much money on the line over in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

sawweeet avatar, bad ass lookin, good job. Yes Oflama is going to pull and pray dude. He has no ties to the Unocal pipeline and does not give a damn because he does not profit from such. This pisses me off greatly for the simple fact afghanistan will always forever be "in the interest of American interests" piece of property with the pipeline. So when homie pulls and prays, and he will, we will still have to go back in a TARFU situation and repair a FUBAR pipeline at the cost of, yes you guessed it, SOCOM personnel. Security firms are already tabbin it bud so no worries in the long run. Gonna be a git yur rocks off continent in the future but the pullout is going to have TERROR ramifications guaranteed.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
huggs slayer,,,

its a real mess there,,,the fraud voting problems,,corruption,,different tribes,,,the people themselves as well,,,,

probly takes ruthless dictators/warlords to controll/run the country there...??

as long as all the insugents have free haven in the mountain area along the border,,,this problem will drag on for many years...

If they did pull out,,,,there would be mass killing and executions,,,bad publicity for the US,,,
I wonder how this would affect Pakistans as well their insurgents...?

great thread and an eye opener as well....

huggs

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree totally.

Credibility.

We keep going places, doing half-ass jobs, and then pulling out, it's going to be hard to find anyone to trust us in the future.

We have the greatest air power, the strongest navy, the most advanced weapons platforms, the most accurate weapons systems, the fastest military, complete control of the air, the most intelligent and dedicated soldiers.

Commanded by the biggest, sorriest, most politically motivated crease kisser General Staff in existence.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i think the only reason the US and its allies would withdraw at short notice from Afghanistan is that they have prior knowledge of something big going down on home soil.

Its a scary thought.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

nada there is always something going down dude. President Oflama has a conscience about heroin and black blood. Nothing wrong with that. You ask advice the generals give it. Here is the result: less deaths on marines and soldiers to leave smoky mountain in the future. Guard pipeline, burn poppies PEF, and kick Paki brother hood ass. Blowback: terror funding increases based off weak commodity position, which equates to the 3 B's bullets, beans, and bombs. OPEC postion does not change, funding to syrian brothers and HAMAS does not change, result increased attacks on US interests and soil.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think the Russian mob and the Chinese will do just fine after we leave. Remember there are billions to be made.

Absolutely, Every big countries intelligence agencies have a hand in the drug trade not just the CIA and MI-6. It is a tremendous money maker and all off the books.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
We have nothing to do over there. Except for special interest group; Pipelines, drugs, arm deals.

But pulling out ?

Where all those Talibans will go after they win in Afghanistan ?

Pakistan to overthrone another corrupt regime sponsored by western countries, and having full of nukes ??????

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I don't see any reason for us to stay in the region now that the Saudis have dropped the dollar as their trading currency for oil.
Afterall, that is the entire reason we have been waging war in the region.

Of course, they won't come out and say that is why they will begin pulling troops out.

I see this as good news, ultimately.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This country (whats left of it) financially is bankrupt several times over. The dollar is worth a fraction of its original value. Countries are becoming less willing to finance our insane insanity. Nothing but scum bags in our so called government "for the people and by the people". Liars, murders who seek power and wealth and who are clinically psychotic and dangerous.

Its hard to fight an illegal war with worthless paper and worthless leaders. Bush was and is a liar full of evil intentions. Now we have something much worse in the "black house".

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

“If he doesn’t meet the conditions within six months, Obama has told him America will pull out,” said an official with access to Mr Karzai’s inner circle. “Obama said they don’t want their soldiers’ lives wasted for nothing. They want changes in Cabinet, and changes in his personal staff.”

Yeah I'm sure the Afghan people would hate that, but then where would the soup agencies get their heroin money for black projects? Obama is right though, we don't want our soldier's lives wasted for nothing, we need to be wasting their lives on valuable projects, like furthering the agenda of the military industrial complex.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The whole situation is so messed up that imho either total withdrawl or total commitment are the only options. However if the Afghan goverment cannot or will not change its ways, its time to pull out. My thoughts on this situation are constantly pulled in so many directions I have a hard time sorting them out. There is a lot of bad ju-ju/karma going on in that dusty land.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just cannot see the anyone leaving Afghanistan until everyone is either microchipped -or in a Fema camp.

Think about it, the Taliban would almost most certainly destroy the Opium fields again and that is something that the NWO can in no way afford to let happen. Remember folks, the 2001 crop was 185 tonnes, with an estimated 80% of that coming from Hamid Karzai's 'Northern Alliance'... And even with a recent decline from 8200 tonnes in 2007 (don't forget the Taliban are strong again, and hate Heroin) it is still likely to be above 7500 tonnes in 2009.

Quote...
"However, just as the Taliban regime successfully, but counterproductively, prohibited opium production in 2000, bringing opium production from 3,300 tonnes in 2000 to 185 tonnes in 2001[1], their regime was toppled by the U.S. military intervention in response to the September 11 terrorist attacks. Then, in a rather chaotic Afghanistan, opium production resumed and grew back to normal in a matter of only one year (3,400 tonnes in 2002). Since then, despite national and international pledges, eradication threats, bargain deals with opium farmers, and international development aid, Hamid Karzai’s new democratic Afghanistan has failed to curtail or even stabilize opium production. Much to the contrary, after six years of peace-building, state-building, and economic growth, Afghanistan broke two successive all-time records of opium production, in 2006 (6,100 tonnes) and again in 2007 (8,200 tonnes).
Source... cria-online.org...

That is an awful lot of misery and suffering on the streets and all thanks to the sterling work of our boys in the Military!

Following the Afghan invasion in 2001, in Europe, the PTB swamped the area with thousands of tonnes of cheap heroin just to top off the flood of cheap coc aine since the decade before. I concede therefore, that they have - momentarily - subdued much of the previously burgeoning popular resistance.
If, however... you take away the Heroin, TPTB will not have enough loyal Luciferian troops and Police prepared to maintain their Satanic quest, especially against a strong and sober public. It's not rocket science.

They don't NEED the arms trade in Afghanistan to survive... They NEED the opium. Boy, how they NEED that Opium!

[edit on 5/11/09 by Mr Magoo]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

I'm leaning in the same direction as you. I remember reading crap stories like the one posted before my husband went to Iraq for the second time. I'm taking this as a notice he's going to Afghanistan again.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So. While more American troops die in Afghanistan, they will not get the president's support until the Afghans get their government in order?

Basically, the President is trying to avoid taking responsibility of the Afghanistan war by putting it on another person's shoulders?

Our president is a wimp. Obama is so worried about his approval rating, and by doing so he has put our troops in a dangerous position. He needs to make a choice now. Stay or go.

It is time for impeachment.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Pathos]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join