It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that make you wonder.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
By now, we all know Israel has intercepted weapons on a ship.(November 4th, 2009).

Why have we not seen one word from Iran?

why have we seen no word from Syria?

Why no denial?

Why no death threats to Israel?

Why no international outrage?

I would be very interested what Iran's terrorist times (PressTv) has to say about this?

Lets not guess what they think, lets find some actual news articles on it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You'll find that israel just does what it wants.

enough said.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
the official statement is:

Tehran has dismissed claims that a container intercepted by Israel was carrying 'hundreds of kilograms of Iranian-made arms' to Lebanon.

In remarks that instantly became the focus of Western media outlets, Israeli military sources said they found a large cache of weapons when they stormed a Lebanon-bound ship on Tuesday.

The sources added that the ship, which is currently being unloaded in Israel, was Iranian and the weaponry was destined for the Hezbollah resistance movement either in Lebanon or Syria.

"We found dozens of containers, with hundreds of tons of arms bound for Hezbollah from Iran," Israel's deputy naval commander, Rani Ben Yehuda, told reporters on Wednesday.

Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki, in a joint press conference with his Syrian counterpart Walid Muallem on Wednesday, dismissed the allegations out of hand.

His remarks were backed by Muallem, who asserted that contrary to Israeli claims, "the ship was not carrying Iranian-made weaponry for Syria or Lebanon," but was in fact carrying Syrian-made items for consumption in Iran.

"Unfortunately a number of pirates disrupt business activities and frequenting of the ships, these pirates sometimes act in the name of [Iranians]," said the Syrian Foreign Minister.

Iran, Syria reject Israeli claims over arms cargo

This statement and the way it is worded is what makes me think it was a third party arms trafficker who pulled this off.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Correction, I think you'll find that Israel does whatever America wants.

And most other countries as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
the official statement is:

Tehran has dismissed claims that a container intercepted by Israel was carrying 'hundreds of kilograms of Iranian-made arms' to Lebanon.

In remarks that instantly became the focus of Western media outlets, Israeli military sources said they found a large cache of weapons when they stormed a Lebanon-bound ship on Tuesday.

The sources added that the ship, which is currently being unloaded in Israel, was Iranian and the weaponry was destined for the Hezbollah resistance movement either in Lebanon or Syria.

"We found dozens of containers, with hundreds of tons of arms bound for Hezbollah from Iran," Israel's deputy naval commander, Rani Ben Yehuda, told reporters on Wednesday.

Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki, in a joint press conference with his Syrian counterpart Walid Muallem on Wednesday, dismissed the allegations out of hand.

His remarks were backed by Muallem, who asserted that contrary to Israeli claims, "the ship was not carrying Iranian-made weaponry for Syria or Lebanon," but was in fact carrying Syrian-made items for consumption in Iran.

"Unfortunately a number of pirates disrupt business activities and frequenting of the ships, these pirates sometimes act in the name of [Iranians]," said the Syrian Foreign Minister.

Iran, Syria reject Israeli claims over arms cargo

This statement and the way it is worded is what makes me think it was a third party arms trafficker who pulled this off.

So if what you say is true, why have Syria and Iran complained their weapons were stolen by Israel???

Why no demands to return them???

Since when does Iran need to import weapons from Syria???

Where is the outrage.

Where are the demands to return THEIR weapons???

Iran has backed away from it and Syria claims it sent weapons to Iran, if so, why no complaints at the interception of the weapons???

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Actually, read it again. They aren't claiming it is weapons at all. They are claiming the ship was SUPPOSED to be carrying Syrian made items for CONSUMPTION in Iran...which would tend to imply clothes, food, consumables.

But who know what the hell the ship was SUPPOSED to be carrying.

And more to my point.. perhaps neither of them is complaining about stolen weapons or Israel holding onto the weapons because the weapons weren't theirs (Iran and Syria) to begin with.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Actually, read it again. They aren't claiming it is weapons at all. They are claiming the ship was SUPPOSED to be carrying Syrian made items for CONSUMPTION in Iran...which would tend to imply clothes, food, consumables.

But who know what the hell the ship was SUPPOSED to be carrying.

And more to my point.. perhaps neither of them is complaining about stolen weapons or Israel holding onto the weapons because the weapons weren't theirs (Iran and Syria) to begin with.

Well, if it is no ones weapons, then there is no issue with Israel taking them.

If they were not weapons, why has Iran and Syria not been frothing at the mouth over the items loss?????

sounds funny to me, I mean, Iran and Syria LIVE for opportunities to attack Israel in the press.

Here is a perfect opportunity and they deny it.

Hmmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I agree.. as we saw in the other thread..something wierd is going on with that ship. I won't deny that Syria and / or Iran may be in on it. Can't really rule them out at this point with what I have seen so far. Something just doesn't sit right about this.. really wish I could pinpoint what it is. *sigh*

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I understand.

It is very strange and confusing.

Add to the the fact that the ship went off it's course and went to Egypt and then left.
(link in other post).

What is the cargo and who's is it.

well, if nothing else, it has be a great opportunity for ATS posting.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well done Israel.Another good job comes off with positive results.Its good to know Mossad has there angents in the right place.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I understand.

It is very strange and confusing.

Add to the the fact that the ship went off it's course and went to Egypt and then left.
(link in other post).

What is the cargo and who's is it.

well, if nothing else, it has be a great opportunity for ATS posting.

No kidding there.. If the passionate supporters of the various parties would shut off the whining for a while, it becomes a great consipracy to investigate.. Something like what made ATS great in the first place.

And that wasn't directed at you... you know which ATSer I am speaking of..lol

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I understand roger.

I must admit, the Egypt addition really has my head shaking.

If and I do mean if, the weapons came from Egypt,even if produced somewhere else, it is both odd and problematic.

Hmm, remember, lots of weapons come from Egypt through weapons smuggling tunnels, so there is already a Egypt/terrorist connection.(not necessarily the government of Egypt)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'm actually surprised no one has pointed this out sooner but if iran and syria aren't complaining about it this leads ME to believe it was either an elaborate decoy or the russians gave them their money back. But it IS strange that they didn't complain more then again perhaps there trying out a new tactic to see how israel will respond variety is the spice of life after all

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Well, if they complain, then both Iran and Syria admit they were arming the hezbolla terrorists.

Now, we all know this is a fact, but their are some uninformed people/countries who look the other way.

Also, neutral countries might turn against them for openly arming terrorists.

It also gives Israel an excuse to bomb Iran for arming them and the next terrorist attack they can say it is indirectly from Iran.

top topics

join