It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder suspect is too young for jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Murder suspect is too young for jail

www.kob.com

When he was just 10, police say he shot and killed his father, 42-year-old Bryon Hilburn. Court documents indicate the boy was upset because his father punished him.

The state thinks he is the youngest person ever to be charged with murder in New Mexico. And because the boy is 11 years old, he won't be locked up.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kob.com
www.kob.com

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Police say that physical evidence indicates that the 10-year-old boy was staying at a Belen home with his father, fired a shotgun, and hit his dad in the back of the head Thursday night.

There are three sides to this story...

When officers interviewed the sister, they say she told them she was in the living room playing video games when she saw her brother with the gun, heared a gunshot, then saw their dad lying on the floor.

But there maybe a darker side too

"They're basically trying to say he's crazy and he's not, he's a very intelligent, he is very loving, he's very caring. He worries about his mom a lot. I would like for people to quit voicing, putting mean things on the Internet, because it's just not fair," Albear said. "They don't know who he is, they don't know what he's been through, they don't know what my family has been through. And I think it's wrong and I think my son deserves justice."

The boy's mother spoke for the first time at a court in Los Lunas, saying her son has been through a lot of abuse and doesn't deserve to be attacked on the Internet.

the third side belongs to the boy himself but that story will have to wait when and if he gets his day in court.

www.kob.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wow, we can't lock him up because he is only eleven?

By that age you have known the difference from right and wrong for years. He knew he was not supposed to shoot people in the head and he did. And before some parents group tries to jump on the "It's a video game's fault" by that age you also know the difference between fantasy and reality and if you don't then it's your parents fault for not raising you right not a video game.

End rant.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

We don't know yet what really happened... with that said....

One I think the boy is at best unstable... I grew up with with a father who whipped me when I did wrong, I watched violent cartoons and had access to fires arms in the home...

There were plenty of times when I was seriously pissed and my mom, dad and little sis.... I sure many of you here could admit to that too... but we never once thought about picking up and gun and shooting that person in the head!

I think its a big mistake to pat the boy on the head and say "It's okay honey, it wasn't your fault"! I think hes young enough to be turned around, there's time to help this boy... if both parties, mom and the state would only admit he has a problem... this is obviously one of the few cases where drugs and therapy are appropriate for a child....

wheather he thought he was defending himself or just had an impulse, either way that kid killed his own father.... you know thats got to mess you up, more so if someone makes light of those actions

[edit on 4-11-2009 by DaddyBare]

top topics

join