It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli commandos storm arms ship from Iran bound for Hezbollah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

I'm not making any accusations. All I've heard is that Israel have gone 200 miles to take a ship. Nobody knows whats on it, who it belongs to, or anything.

When did Israel become the police of international shipping lanes ?

If those same international shipping lanes were being used to smuggle in arms I'm quite sure any country capable of going after the ships would do so - and seriously, who could blame them (as long as it isn't Israel of course).

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Oh a ship from another country!

What a surprise. Almost as surprising as the dirt poor stateless Palestinian refugees who are Sunni Muslims buying these weapons for there rival sect the Shia Muslims and Hisbollah.

You guys shoot yourself in the foot everytime.

I am surprise you haven't thrown Black September and their secret origins from Jordan only you know about as being involved too!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by bigyin

The problem, you see, is that Iran is denying they sent weapons to hezbolla terrorists.

Therefor, if they complain about losing the weapons headed for hezbolla terrorists, they must first admit they were shipping weapons to hezbolla terrorists.

Please note, as of this time, no word from:
Iran
Syria
Lebanon
Hezbolla terrorists

IF Iran was legally selling weapons, why no complaints, threats or anything???

YOU are making accusations, but no government is, don't you find that odd????

I'm not making any accusations. All I've heard is that Israel have gone 200 miles to take a ship. Nobody knows whats on it, who it belongs to, or anything.

Lets take what you say....
We do know what's on it.
The only thing in question is how much.
The numbers seem to go from 5 tons to 50 tons to 500 tons.

So, I put it to you, if Israel illegally took someone's weapons, why are they not complaining about it??????

Why is no country making accusations or threats about it???

Why is no one claiming ownership of the weapons???

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oh a ship from another country!

What a surprise. Almost as surprising as the dirt poor stateless Palestinian refugees who are Sunni Muslims buying these weapons for there rival sect the Shia Muslims and Hisbollah.

You guys shoot yourself in the foot everytime.

I am surprise you haven't thrown Black September and their secret origins from Jordan only you know about as being involved too!

Perhaps YOU failed to read the link in the original post, I did read it, that is where I got the information.(Perhaps YOU should read it.).

Again you use your unsupported opinion-fine, but don't complain when it is proven sadly wrong.

No one said the hezbolla terrorists in lebanon or the Hamas terrorists in Gaza paid for the weapons.(except you, of course)

Everyone else figures it is a freebee from Iran so their lapdogs can do Iran's bidding.

Funny, it seems to me, YOU are the only one going off topic with jordan/black tuesday......

[edit on 11/4/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
the official Iran and Syrian statement is:

Tehran has dismissed claims that a container intercepted by Israel was carrying 'hundreds of kilograms of Iranian-made arms' to Lebanon.

In remarks that instantly became the focus of Western media outlets, Israeli military sources said they found a large cache of weapons when they stormed a Lebanon-bound ship on Tuesday.

The sources added that the ship, which is currently being unloaded in Israel, was Iranian and the weaponry was destined for the Hezbollah resistance movement either in Lebanon or Syria.

"We found dozens of containers, with hundreds of tons of arms bound for Hezbollah from Iran," Israel's deputy naval commander, Rani Ben Yehuda, told reporters on Wednesday.

Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki, in a joint press conference with his Syrian counterpart Walid Muallem on Wednesday, dismissed the allegations out of hand.

His remarks were backed by Muallem, who asserted that contrary to Israeli claims, "the ship was not carrying Iranian-made weaponry for Syria or Lebanon," but was in fact carrying Syrian-made items for consumption in Iran.

"Unfortunately a number of pirates disrupt business activities and frequenting of the ships, these pirates sometimes act in the name of [Iranians]," said the Syrian Foreign Minister.

Iran, Syria reject Israeli claims over arms cargo

This statement and the way it is worded is what makes me think it was a third party arms trafficker who pulled this off.

Type of ship: Cargo Ship
IMO Number: 9277412
Flag: Antigua and Barbuda
MMSI Number: 305234000
Length: 137.0m
Callsign: V2DJ5
Beam: 22.0m

The ship is apparently owned by the charter company UFS

Universal Freight Systems (Pvt) Ltd
Popularly known as UFS was founded in March 1987 and is among the top three forwarders in Pakistan. Having our own professionally staffed and well equipped offices in all the major cities of Pakistan (Karachi, Lahore, Sialkot, Faisalabad, Peshawar & Islamabad), UFS is in an envious position to provide our excellent services to our customers.
www.ufs.com.pk...

Here is their take on it:

UFS, the owners of the ship, is a Cypriot freight delivery company that operates in dozens of ports in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea.

Speaking on behalf of UFS, Paniatois Emirs said to Ynet: "We rented the chip, but it is not under our ownership. We are only carriers. We did not know there were weapons on the ship. We knew that we were delivering containers, but we are not legally permitted to check what is inside them. This is the responsibility of the customs authorities at the ports where we anchor. We do not know what happened on the ship. We are waiting, just like you are, for answers."

He added, "This is the first time something like this happens to us. I hope this will not damage the relations between Cyprus and Israel, because it is just business for us."

Owners of Hezbollah-bound arms ship: We didn't know about weapons

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Actually a half a dozen posters to the thread have made this about Palestinains, commenting that Palestinians claim the boycott in Gaza is starving them but this is proof they use their money to buy weapons.

In fact so many people starred these absolute blatantly false posts that it's not just tragic it's bizarre.

One poster is even trying to claim there is still a tie in rather than admitt the truth.

How can you expect people to take any allegation serious when the people who make them support patently and blatantly false allegations?

Then can't even admit it?

There is no credibility, seriously friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Does anyone (except maybe the protoplasm) seriously think that even iran would be stupid enough to smuggle (give them at no cost) arms to the so-called palestinians in one of their own ships?

Or that once the iraninan arms shipment was discovered, the syrians and iranians would release a statement saying, "Yes, those are ours?"

None of these governments have ever been smart enough to win a war, but I still can't think they would be THAT stupid.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
First Israel did not stop a Iranian ship so Iran has no leg to stand on about Israel grabbing the weapons.
It was a Antigua-flagged ship not a Iranian ship under international law. the only country that could complain would be Antigua. And likely Israel went to Antigua government Representative in Israel and told them that they needed to search a Antigua flagged ship.
At that point if Antigua said yes there was nothing Israel did wrong and Iran screwed up by not shipping with a Iranian flagged ship.
All this comes under international laws of the seas and Iran should know this.

Countries around the world stop ships with illegal cargo all the time.(mostly drugs)

The only way that Iran could complain would be if it was a Iranian flagged ship.
Then if Israel could seize the ship and use it for target practice.

Ben-Yehuda said that the ship had been carrying 40 containers filled with 300 tons of weapons each

You can not put 300 tons of weapons in a cargo container.
max load for a 40 foot cargo container is about 25 tons. and at about 65 tons the container would bend break in to.
Its little mistake i blame on the media that know nothing about cargo container.

Israeli Intelligence Mossad is good at recruiting spies in Arab countries and likely had a agent at a Iranian port that saw and reported the loading of these weapons on that ship. I understand they pay very good for information. they also have people in international shipping that feed them information on strange or suspect cargoes.
They also may be monitoring communications between Iran and Hezbollah and found out there was a shipment on the way and what ship was carrying it.

They are also very good at training there own deep cover agents in being Muslims and inserting them in enemy countries.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ANNED]

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by bigyin

The problem, you see, is that Iran is denying they sent weapons to hezbolla terrorists.

Therefor, if they complain about losing the weapons headed for hezbolla terrorists, they must first admit they were shipping weapons to hezbolla terrorists.

Please note, as of this time, no word from:
Iran
Syria
Lebanon
Hezbolla terrorists

IF Iran was legally selling weapons, why no complaints, threats or anything???

YOU are making accusations, but no government is, don't you find that odd????

Lets take what you say....
We do know what's on it.
The only thing in question is how much.
The numbers seem to go from 5 tons to 50 tons to 500 tons.

So, I put it to you, if Israel illegally took someone's weapons, why are they not complaining about it??????

Why is no country making accusations or threats about it???

Why is no one claiming ownership of the weapons???

I couldn't give a sh1t about the weapons... its a tiny amount of weaponry anyway. If this is the best Israel can do it's not looking good.

The point is to the Muslim world it is a gift again ... big bad Israel is now seen as pirates on the high seas. Condemend once again in the courts as criminals. Mr A must be having a great laugh tonight.

Does Israel ever think any of these stunts through ? We keep getting told how intelligent they are and yet everything they do is a shambles.

They really are their own worst enemies.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Just found this... swear, this is turning into a Tom Clancy novel real quick.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Hizbollah's founding has nothing to do with Palestinian Refugees friend.

It was founded by Shia Muslims in the predominantly Shia south of Lebanon to counter Syrian backed militias to the north of them in Lebanon's long civil war.

Palestinians in Lebanon are restricted to Refugee Camps and have no Lebanese Citizenship or rights or privelages.

Hizbollah are Lebanese citizens and members of a rival Islamic sect than the Palestinians belong to.

I would love to actually see you walk up to a Hizbollah Member and tell them they are just a Palestinian.

Learn some real history.

Or are you really under the impression that stars and denial overcome history, geography and politcal factions so you can avoid having to say oops my bad!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
the official Iran and Syrian statement is:

Tehran has dismissed claims that a container intercepted by Israel was carrying 'hundreds of kilograms of Iranian-made arms' to Lebanon.

In remarks that instantly became the focus of Western media outlets, Israeli military sources said they found a large cache of weapons when they stormed a Lebanon-bound ship on Tuesday.

The sources added that the ship, which is currently being unloaded in Israel, was Iranian and the weaponry was destined for the Hezbollah resistance movement either in Lebanon or Syria.

"We found dozens of containers, with hundreds of tons of arms bound for Hezbollah from Iran," Israel's deputy naval commander, Rani Ben Yehuda, told reporters on Wednesday.

Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki, in a joint press conference with his Syrian counterpart Walid Muallem on Wednesday, dismissed the allegations out of hand.

His remarks were backed by Muallem, who asserted that contrary to Israeli claims, "the ship was not carrying Iranian-made weaponry for Syria or Lebanon," but was in fact carrying Syrian-made items for consumption in Iran.

"Unfortunately a number of pirates disrupt business activities and frequenting of the ships, these pirates sometimes act in the name of [Iranians]," said the Syrian Foreign Minister.

Iran, Syria reject Israeli claims over arms cargo

This statement and the way it is worded is what makes me think it was a third party arms trafficker who pulled this off.

Type of ship: Cargo Ship
IMO Number: 9277412
Flag: Antigua and Barbuda
MMSI Number: 305234000
Length: 137.0m
Callsign: V2DJ5
Beam: 22.0m

The ship is apparently owned by the charter company UFS

Universal Freight Systems (Pvt) Ltd
Popularly known as UFS was founded in March 1987 and is among the top three forwarders in Pakistan. Having our own professionally staffed and well equipped offices in all the major cities of Pakistan (Karachi, Lahore, Sialkot, Faisalabad, Peshawar & Islamabad), UFS is in an envious position to provide our excellent services to our customers.
www.ufs.com.pk...

Here is their take on it:

UFS, the owners of the ship, is a Cypriot freight delivery company that operates in dozens of ports in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea.

Speaking on behalf of UFS, Paniatois Emirs said to Ynet: "We rented the chip, but it is not under our ownership. We are only carriers. We did not know there were weapons on the ship. We knew that we were delivering containers, but we are not legally permitted to check what is inside them. This is the responsibility of the customs authorities at the ports where we anchor. We do not know what happened on the ship. We are waiting, just like you are, for answers."

He added, "This is the first time something like this happens to us. I hope this will not damage the relations between Cyprus and Israel, because it is just business for us."

Owners of Hezbollah-bound arms ship: We didn't know about weapons

So both Syria and Iran say the weapons are not theirs.

Therefore no one owns them, therefore no piracy, since they are ownerless weapons.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Actually a half a dozen posters to the thread have made this about Palestinains, commenting that Palestinians claim the boycott in Gaza is starving them but this is proof they use their money to buy weapons.

In fact so many people starred these absolute blatantly false posts that it's not just tragic it's bizarre.

One poster is even trying to claim there is still a tie in rather than admitt the truth.

How can you expect people to take any allegation serious when the people who make them support patently and blatantly false allegations?

Then can't even admit it?

There is no credibility, seriously friend.

Friend, you did not answer or address anything I said.

Why is no country claiming the weapons???

Why is no country demanding they be returned???

Why has:
Iran
Syria
Lebanon( the real government)
hezbolla terrorist's
Hamas terrorist's

All Iran has said is they deny the weapons are theirs or from them.

If this was a legal sale of weapons from syria to Iran or either to lebanon, why have they not demanded the weapons back????

If, as you assert, the weapons are from Israel as a trick, why is the interdiction being called piracy????

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Exactly... Interesting also how the weapons appeared to have been loaded in Egypt after the ship made a sudden and unexplained detour from it's intended destination of Turkey.

Tom Clancey novel indeed. This is an intriguing story.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

nice catch.

Lets add Egypt to the list of countries that are not complaining about the weapons being taken.

This just gets more and more interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Actually my friend when you board a ship that is not yours and retard it's forward progress and take anything from that ship it's called Piracy!

Of course when Israel bought the weapons and forged all the documents trying to make it look like someone else did it?

And Israel doesn't want to turn itself in for the theft?

I am not laying a claim to the weapons either...does that mean I am behind it?

You aren't laying a claim to the weapons either...does that mean you are behind it?

Do you even get how rediculous you guys sound. Hizbollah in Lebanon is now Hamas in Gaza. The parties someone forged on a Bill of Laden have nothing to do with it therefore some enemy of Israel must?

You guys have so much egg on your faces in this thread I am thinking of getting some foo yung to go along with it...

Though as usual a chance to bash Palestinians or Iranians over an incident that is nothing but Fooey is becoming more apparent by the moment.

You guys act like it's me that makes Israel look so rediculous in their machinations and fabrications and distorted assertions.

That's just poor thought out planning on Israel's part and poor propaganda.

Israel definately needs some new marketers, frankly I would fire the whole lot of them and get some competent people and new tactics.

It's like Israel and it's supporters are actually going out of their way to make Israel and it's supporters look bad.

Frankly I like the Iranians because they don't cause a drama every day or make all these wild claims and agitate for wars that America is going to have to pay for.

I don't believe one word coming out of Israel or the U.S. on the Middle East.

Too much of it either never pans out or turns out to be false.

Then it's just a bunch of desperate people trying to say how they were right but just can't prove it.

They smuggled the WMD's out last minute even though we had ever square inch covered with Sattelites! Sure they did.

No credibility my friend, not a shred at this point.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I would love to actually see you walk up to a Hizbollah Member and tell them they are just a Palestinian.

Perhaps with all your lebanese travel and "connections" and the way you get all emotional defending Hizbollah and attacking Israel, we've all been communicating with a Hizbollah member all along. No need to meet one in person. Ah, the beauty of the internet ...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

Just found this... swear, this is turning into a Tom Clancy novel real quick.

www.cbsnews.com...

You're right!

Hope it turns out the way a Clancy novel does - with the good guys winning in the end ...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

nice catch.

Lets add Egypt to the list of countries that are not complaining about the weapons being taken.

This just gets more and more interesting.

Honestly dude ... you are sounding a bit desparate. I don't even know what your point is. Are you gonna list every country on the planet that hasn't claimed a box of weapons that doesnt exist ... what does it matter.

It wouldn't be the first Israeli false flag op now would it ?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Actually my friend when you board a ship that is not yours and retard it's forward progress and take anything from that ship it's called Piracy!

Of course when Israel bought the weapons and forged all the documents trying to make it look like someone else did it?

And Israel doesn't want to turn itself in for the theft?

I am not laying a claim to the weapons either...does that mean I am behind it?

You aren't laying a claim to the weapons either...does that mean you are behind it?

Do you even get how rediculous you guys sound. Hizbollah in Lebanon is now Hamas in Gaza. The parties someone forged on a Bill of Laden have nothing to do with it therefore some enemy of Israel must?

You guys have so much egg on your faces in this thread I am thinking of getting some foo yung to go along with it...

Though as usual a chance to bash Palestinians or Iranians over an incident that is nothing but Fooey is becoming more apparent by the moment.

You guys act like it's me that makes Israel look so rediculous in their machinations and fabrications and distorted assertions.

That's just poor thought out planning on Israel's part and poor propaganda.

Israel definately needs some new marketers, frankly I would fire the whole lot of them and get some competent people and new tactics.

It's like Israel and it's supporters are actually going out of their way to make Israel and it's supporters look bad.

Frankly I like the Iranians because they don't cause a drama every day or make all these wild claims and agitate for wars that America is going to have to pay for.

I don't believe one word coming out of Israel or the U.S. on the Middle East.

Too much of it either never pans out or turns out to be false.

Then it's just a bunch of desperate people trying to say how they were right but just can't prove it.

They smuggled the WMD's out last minute even though we had ever square inch covered with Sattelites! Sure they did.

No credibility my friend, not a shred at this point.

Ok, again, one by one, disproving you unsupported claims.

1) If it were piracy, why has no one claimed "ANY" lost items from the ship???
even if it wasn't the weapons they found, why not demand non-weapons be returned???
2) Why have Iran and Syria backed away from this instead of crying foul and frothing at the mouth??????
3) You "claim" Israel brought the weapons and forged the documents...wait, I thought there were no weapons, which is it?????
4)"The parties someone forged on a Bill of Laden have nothing to do with it therefore some enemy of Israel must?" Proof????, no, none? nada, zip, nothing, ok, just your unsupported opinion...again.
5)"Though as usual a chance to bash Palestinians or Iranians over an incident that is nothing but Fooey is becoming more apparent by the moment. " But Iran and Syria claim it was non-military items being shipped from Syria to Iran-So why not demand them back? Why no complaints at them being taken? No death threats or even chastising Israel??? That just does not make sence!
6) I agree with you, your posts have no credibility, no links, no facts, just your unsupported opinions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join