It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to look for but NOT find Hoagland's "Castle"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Right off the bat I'll tell you that I never accepted Hoagland's claim about his "castle" and that it was suspended or hovering many miles above the lunar surface. I would look at the huge NASA photo or mural(!) behind him in a documentary and I could see recognizable features that I could find in my NASA lunar books and later on the Internet. The most prominent feature was Manilius Crater and below it Rima Hyginus. His "castle" was located between the two. His "castle" was highlighted by sunlight. Not only photos but videos from flights over the lunar surface and going over this area never showed his "castle."

A few minutes ago I spent some time at Google Earth/Moon and I scanned the area between Manilius and Rima Hyginus, magnifying and backing off. Nothing that resembles his "castle" is to be found. Why don't you give it a try? Here are the coordinates: 14 28 N 9 03 E. They will land you right smack on top of Manilius but you won't be able to see it until you zoom in. But as you zoom in to it, slow down and stop when you have Manilius and the elevation is approx. 3769 feet. Now move Manilius towards the top until you see Rima Hyginus appear from the bottom edge. Stop. That's the area you want to search in. So slowly zoom in and keep your eyes open.

His "castle" is located approx. in the area left of the R in Rimae Boscovich.

Good luck, and I mean it. Now get outta here!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
of course you wont find the castle there
TPTB removed it from google. they need to censor us. they NEED to.

nice thread. the point youre trying to make will be lost/ignored. but it is still worth the try.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
here it is...

google moon is a joke and if you don't have older images you won't find some of these anomalies. can you guess why that is ?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I saw moon castle thread, and I started thinking about some apollo images that i saw years ago browsing through this site
www.lpi.usra.edu...

anyways in a series of images, coming over some mountains going into large flat area with not that many craters, then a large crater comes into view, and just after that there is something that I can only describe as a castle on the moon.

I have never seen anyone talk about this series of images. I had saved them when I came across them, but I cannot find the folder which means I lost it last time i wiped the puter, anyways I am searching for them now. (at least I kept the link to the site)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Did it occur to you that a floating castle might fly around or do flying castles always hover in one place?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well after searching for those images for a bit, I found out that the feature has a name. (damn me learning how to research things now) Not a castle, but an interesting feature none the less. Kinda looks like something.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

You get a star for asking the right question ecoparity!

I wonder why nobody else thought of that? Good thinking!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Are you sure you're looking in the right spot? Your image gives coordinates of 26° N / 25.5° W but according to skeptical Ed the coordinates are:

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
Here are the coordinates: 14 28 N 9 03 E. They will land you right smack on top of Manilius but you won't be able to see it until you zoom in. But as you zoom in to it, slow down and stop when you have Manilius and the elevation is approx. 3769 feet. Now move Manilius towards the top until you see Rima Hyginus appear from the bottom edge. Stop. That's the area you want to search in. So slowly zoom in and keep your eyes open.

Or did it just fly to another location as ecoparity suggested?

Besides I thought we were looking for something above the surface of the moon, that stuff looks like it's ON the surface.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think it flies around just a bit behind the LRO. Just far enough to be out of frame....

How they keep it from crashing into all the glass domes is the real mystery. Oh and the trees, I forgot about the lakes and trees on the far side.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah, i was off topic.

Hoglands castle is just one of those things that cant be proven either way (like the glass dome over the moon), without actually going to the moon, and staying there surveying it.

sorry to be off topic before

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Le Colonel]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I think it flies around just a bit behind the LRO

you might be right ?

some strange things flying around the Moon

www.thelivingmoon.com...

history.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
I saw moon castle thread, and I started thinking about some apollo images that i saw years ago browsing through this site
www.lpi.usra.edu...

anyways in a series of images, coming over some mountains going into large flat area with not that many craters, then a large crater comes into view, and just after that there is something that I can only describe as a castle on the moon.

I have never seen anyone talk about this series of images. I had saved them when I came across them, but I cannot find the folder which means I lost it last time i wiped the puter, anyways I am searching for them now. (at least I kept the link to the site)

I went to the link you provided and entered 2 feature names that will bring you to the area with many views, some from different angles. I looked at Manilius and Rima Hyginus. Nothing is seen above the surface. I do not accept for one second that the astronauts could see something like an object suspended above the lunar surface and not used all of their film on it!

Keep lookin' for your images, we need something to really show us something different.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Well after searching for those images for a bit, I found out that the feature has a name. (damn me learning how to research things now) Not a castle, but an interesting feature none the less. Kinda looks like something.

www.lpi.usra.edu...

It's called MONS LA HIRE. It looks outstanding because of the sun's angle. Go to google Images and look at the feature under different lighting conditions.

At least your name is not John Leland Walson!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I don't get it! You mention a person that has not replied to the thread - ecoparity - and the link as the name brings one back to this thread! Who is ecoparity? Where did you see his question about this thread? What is the right question?

Explain sil vous plait.

After I replied I thought that perhaps ecoparity was in my Ignore list but I can't find the d__n thing! I think I found the list but it has only 5 names and I though it had been filled to the limit with the allowed 10. I'm lost.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Yeah, i was off topic.

Hoglands castle is just one of those things that cant be proven either way (like the glass dome over the moon), without actually going to the moon, and staying there surveying it.

sorry to be off topic before

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Le Colonel]

It can proven to not exist because Hoagland found it on a NASA photo which he proudly displays. But as with Ukert crater where he makes a case of its center peak being exceedingly triangular meaning something to him. Lunar Orbiter photos of Ukert show a regular central peak that is sort-of triangular but nothing to write home about. Hoagland doesn't seem to realize that there are many photos of various views of the same area regardless of what that area is. The area between Manilius crater and Rima Hyginus can be seen in many photos from different angles and in videos. No "castle". No L.A. No glass domes. No mentally-conditioned astronauts.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If it was floating in the image that was taken, could it be that it's not a regular feature on the Moon? Maybe it was a space ship.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kojiro
If it was floating in the image that was taken, could it be that it's not a regular feature on the Moon? Maybe it was a space ship.

Well, that's a bit far off but I'll tell you this. In my NASA books, and I'm sure they can be found on the internet with the right photo ID, there are several pictures showing the lunar landscape below but in the dark areas of the photo you see the same effect as the "castle". IOW, mountain peaks that are being illuminated by the sun. But the sun is at such an angle that you don't see the area in front of the mountain which is in darkness. So the peaks look like they're suspended in the air. But we know they're mountain peaks. Common sense and all that.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hoagland's castle on the moon is where logical thought and common sense go to die.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

I don't get it! You mention a person that has not replied to the thread - ecoparity - and the link as the name brings one back to this thread! Who is ecoparity? Where did you see his question about this thread? What is the right question?

Explain sil vous plait.

After I replied I thought that perhaps ecoparity was in my Ignore list but I can't find the d__n thing! I think I found the list but it has only 5 names and I though it had been filled to the limit with the allowed 10. I'm lost.

Originally posted by ecoparity
Did it occur to you that a floating castle might fly around or do flying castles always hover in one place?

This post by Ecoparity is the 5th post in the thread, counting the OP. Must be on your ignore list or something?

Click "member tools" then "ATS account settings" and then on the left look for "manage Ignores", I think that's the right spot to look but my ignore list is empty so I can't confirm it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

snip
This post by Ecoparity is the 5th post in the thread, counting the OP. Must be on your ignore list or something?

Click "member tools" then "ATS account settings" and then on the left look for "manage Ignores", I think that's the right spot to look but my ignore list is empty so I can't confirm it.

Thanks for that, I found it. Yep, he's in there.

new topics

top topics

join