It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech signs the Lisbon Treaty making European Union the world's super power

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Czech signs the Lisbon Treaty making European Union the world's super power

www.examiner.com

Czech president, Vaclav Klaus, who has been highly skeptical of increasing the EU’s powers, signed the Lisbon Treaty at the Prague today. Now that the ratification of the treaty is complete, the EU is becoming (or has become) the world's super power. In addition to the 27-member states of the EU today, the Mediterranean Union, 17 Middle Eastern states, will be integrated into the EU later this year, giving the EU 44-member states, a true force in global affairs. Libya's Colonel Khadafi said the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

After World War II, America's net worth was greater than the combined wealth of the rest of the world. But not anymore. The recent financial crisis has affected the US total wealth, with Europe at $32.7 trillion. North America is down by 21.8 percent to $29.3 trillion. And as of February 2009, the population of the United States was approximately 305 million. The population of the European Union was approximately 499.7 million people.

Guys...
I wrote ALOT... THRICE!

Posting didn't wokr

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There goes the rest of the world.

Bow down to the EU.

One step closer to One World Gov't!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

Don't count on it. The European countries will has few things to say for that. We never wanted the Lisbon Treaty at all. No one asked the citizens or the countries of the EU about it (In my country we never even had a chance to vote for it, while we opposing it.). Just some greedy politician moron signed a piece of paper. Trust me. This Lisbon treaty will not live for long.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Sharrow]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

It will if "THEY" want it to. This is a huge tool for making their agenda look good on paper. All the politicians can say how big of a success it has been and try and sway the general population of the world to follow to make one all powerful government. The thing is they will never show the people the other side of the story, how most Europeans feel on the subject.

I think it will only be a matter of time before its the people vs. a one world government.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow
reply to post by ontariocanada

Don't count on it. The European countries will has few things to say for that. We never wanted the Lisbon Treaty at all. No one asked the citizens or the countries of the EU about it (In my country we never even had a chance to vote for it, while we opposing it.). Just some greedy politician moron signed a piece of paper. Trust me. This Lisbon treaty will not live for long.

Short lived? Better be a dead Lisbon Treaty before the December 9, 2009 Copenhagen Treaty. This next treaty actually organizes the NWO and gives it government status by providing it with a.) the ability to govern all treaty signers, b.) collect tax and redistribute wealth between nations and c.) enforce its edicts through a world police force/world military.

Can you say buuuuh bye ?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Believing sh*t from the examiner? I like how for some articles the examiner is unreliable. But for things of this nature, it is the holy grail of information.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Seventeen middle-eastern nations will be integrated into the EU? Yeah right. The EU won't let Turkey join the EU, and it is a secular Muslim country, so I highly doubt that they're going to let other middle eastern nations in.

ETA: Being a "super power" is a lot more than population and worth. So, for the time being, I'm going to have to say that America is still a super power.

[edit on 11/3/2009 by octotom]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

My nation, the Hungarians will have few words for that Lisbon treaty. Trust me. Next year we have elections. We already know who is going to win. The good side, the resistance who is already allied with the resistance parties of other nations. You may call it as an underground alliance that against the NWO can't do anything already.

Even we can't stop this treaty before it would happen, but my and other nations has plans how to stop and vanish it in 2010 and beyond that. So, even if the NWO will come true, they may open the champagne. Do it. But their celebration will be damned short lived as their asses will be kicked out in the next year and beyond that. In my country we had the small party of the NWO. They dictated. They ruined my country. Then we rebelled and we kicked out their asses too in the last years. Well, my country always loved to make the feast in Europe. We started all the revolutions, fought against all odds. And we'll gladly start it again. It seems it's our destiny. But I can assure you, we gladly break some NWO noses.

What the NWO forgets, it's easy to get into power. But it will be damned hard to keep it. The NWO branch also opened the champagne here, when they believed they achieved victory, when they believed they're already in power (And they were, I admit.). But in the next year they wasn't even in the Parliament and lost everything due to our progress. They lost everything within one year. Here, we swiftly wiped them out from the power.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
The EU won't let Turkey join the EU, and it is a secular Muslim country, so I highly doubt that they're going to let other middle eastern nations in.

A guide to muslims in europe
news.bbc.co.uk...

That will be interesting to see how it develops.

Originally posted by octotom
ETA: Being a "super power" is a lot more than population and worth. So, for the time being, I'm going to have to say that America is still a super power.

A country with very little sovereignty is a super-power?
America is just Israel's military arm dude
It's a military country

It is NOT a super power while being under the thumb of a very low populated country(israel).

It was a super power when it was a creditor
But you've allowed it to be the biggest debtor ever
it's NOT a super power bro

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
if the EU were one solid union which it is becoming then military strength would be as follows:

Active Military Personnel: 1,486,000
Active Military Reserve: 2,257,110
Active Paramilitary Units: 667,233

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 30,523
Towed Artillery: 16,807

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 927

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 8,088

(only 9 of the 27 member states)

United States:

Active Military Personnel: 1,385,122
Active Military Reserve: 1,458,500
Active Paramilitary Units: 453,000

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 29,920
Towed Artillery: 5,178

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 1,559

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 18,169

www.globalfirepower.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Interesting isnt this? You know the Bible talks about the rise of the "old Roman Empire" as part of the signs of the end times. I don't know but maybe this is what we're all seeing here...just a thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hmm interesting. The EU may be THE superpower, but it has to have numerous member countries to do so. According to the global firepower statistics, the only thing that bests us is military personnel reserves. Do remember you are comparing the EU to a single country. Our GDP is also not that much lower. I'm going to research some more but the only thing you might also have us on is debt.
With strong leaders that want the best for our country such as the 3rd party candidates that are winning congressional elections, we will be back on top in no time.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by USamf

Your "single" country occupies most of a continent, has 300 million people and is constituted from 50 member states.

The EU occupies most of single continent, has around 500 million people and is constituted of 27 member states. This is how the comparison is made. You cannot get out of a comparison by saying "Yeah, but we're just one country".

Otherwise, if you want to compare your "single" country thing, you'd have to compare the US to the UK, for example. Here, the GDP of a country around 70 times smaller is about 1/9th of yours. So it still doesn't make you look so good

I can see why your trying to downplay this saying "well, their a whole bunch of countries and we're only one, so we're still the best", well pretty soon the EU is only going to one country too!

Your really grasping at straws to keep inflating your little nationalist ego there. At some point, you're going to have to acknowledge the fact that the EU is on par with the US. Using diversionary tactics such as what you used above won't wash.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Interesting isnt this? You know the Bible talks about the rise of the "old Roman Empire" as part of the signs of the end times. I don't know but maybe this is what we're all seeing here...just a thought.

Rome has been behind every step and machination for the last 2,000 years. It is not the rise of the old Roman Empire, it is it’s reemergence from the shadows where it has long ruled over us all secretly and deceitfully as it tricked every last one of us into dividing and conquering one another to complete its conquest of the world for them.

Once those last few machinations and deceptions take place it will step back out of the shadows to declare its victory and rule over one vast planet of nothing but slaves to it.

The Bible was Rome’s plan for conquering the world, and Rome very much appreciates the faithfulness people have followed it to their demise and it’s dominance.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Not to take anything away from England or any other European Nation but it is nationalistic pride that Rome has used to it's advantage to keep forging the contracts that force consolidation under it and migrations and exterminations for it.

The second thing Europe is ultimately going to have to consider in it's rivalry with the United State that is causing it to foolishly give up individual sovereignty to band together in this rivalry is...

We have military bases all over that continent, Europe doesn't have any military bases all over ours!

We exist as a nation of mercenaries to keep everyone else in the Empire in line and pardon me for saying so, but we are in a pretty darn good position strategically to do it.

[edit on 3/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
So it appears, but we are not there yet.

The foreign policy of America and Great Britain are more aligned than France and Great Britain.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Same Source

Libya's Colonel Khadafi said these 44-member states would be a revived Roman Empire, with the same borders of the old Roman Empire.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by USamf

Your "single" country occupies most of a continent, has 300 million people and is constituted from 50 member states.

Do they make maps in *ahem* 'glorious england'?
just gunna point out that while it is stuffed with over 300 million, they are FAR from occupying "most of a continent". Canada alone has roughly 250 000 more square kms of land mass than the US, not to mention the almost 200 000 000 of Mexico

that being said i do enjoy you pointing out that the US is made up of different "member states" in comparison to the EU, whose member states we still view as individual countries... it is interesting to think about the US in those terms.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know Slayer, I know, but this is ATS this is my pet conspiracy!

If I have to revive the Old Roman Empire myself to make it a real conspiracy don't think I won't.

You are so good at researching things friend. I wish you would sit down and really look at all the treaties. They are contracts you know. Read them carefully follow them all back, Rome never goes out of Business, and Rome is in all the contracts in not strikingly obvious ways, but very significant and hard to explain away ways.

My gut instinct tells me I am right too, it's never wrong. Rome is written all over America, from our money, to our laws, to our government buildings, to our main religion. It's so in your face I can't believe more people aren't suspicious.

The real enemy always lurks where you least expect it friend.

When in doubt, there is no doubt.

I do think the Muslims are more aware of it than we are because they have a better grasp of uninterupted world history without the heavy doses of propaganda we get.

I say it's Rome and I am betting the bank on it!

Side bets? Odds? Combination Bets?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join