It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eleven-year-old girl gives birth in Bulgaria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Eleven-year-old girl gives birth in Bulgaria

uk.news.yahoo.com

A Bulgarian schoolgirl, aged 11, has given birth to a baby girl on her wedding day.

Zhelyazkova reportedly went into labour during her marriage to the child's father, 19-year-old Jeliazko Dimitrov.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And the sick perverted paedofile of a father will get 6 years MAXIMUM for this - and serve only 3.

what the heck is this coming to - `hey sick perdo - go to bulgaria as they dont care about child rape`.

even more - on the wedding day - which means both sets of pernts knew - and actually wanted this.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
1886 - Britain -Age of consent: 12

Lest we forget where we come from, we are all of us here born out of relationships that sicken us today... it is natural.

In most species, once the female is capable of bearing children, she is impregnated, so in humanity it is not much of a surprise to find people attracted to a young girl who is ready to bare children, it is in our nature....it is what we were inteded to do.

Society has changed this, made us think it is wrong, made these children unable to cope mentally....not nature....society.

Is this therefore wrong? I don't know, I don't know if the girl was ready for a child, I don't know if she really knew everything she did and consented to it fully... but assuming she was ready both mentally and physically, was not abused, and wanted this to happen......is it really so wrong? I mean REALLY...it used to be accepted and didn't destory every young persons mind...

Now yeas, for the majority his is utterly wrong because as I stated, society means they are no longer mentally prepared... but the point I place out is some still will be, just as some men will be attracted to a young girl physically ready... This is entirely separate from rape of a child much too young to bare children... thats not nature at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
this is common for gypos in that part of the world.
disgraceful in my opinion

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

come on now.... use some common sense.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yupp, she'll have at least 4 more until she's 20.

Gypsies care a rat's ass about the laws in Eastern Europe.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

what the heck is this coming to - `hey sick perdo - go to bulgaria

Curiously, while the age of consent in Bulgaria is 14, it appears that the minimum legal age to marry is 16. In any case, if you can tolerate the annoying web popups, here's an image of the bride and groom.

At a quick glance, I'd say she could pass for 16 if she wanted to.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't understand how them getting married could be legal, but having sex illegal.

I also think that if her body was fully able to birth a child (hey, I don't think I would live through that at 18!) then it might not be as bad of a thing as some people think. Yes, the age difference is creepy, but it isn't really up to us to judge this seemingly happy couple. She seems fine to have had a child with this man, since she isn't calling for help when interviewed by news people (so you can be fairly certain she wasn't forced into this)

It is sad that she is losing her childhood though.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

We recognize that it's against a young girl's best interests to have sex or give birth so we pass laws against it with good reason.

But it's interesting to note that tribal customs developed without any influence from our modern legal system often use nature's cue as to when a girl becomes a woman capable of giving birth. That is, they allow marriages to young women but sex is forbidden until she has her first menstrual period.

Is there is any logic to that tribal custom of not allowing sex before the girl has her first period? Well the tribes are right that the onset of menstruation is the first sign of adult development but the tribes don't realize the child is still developing herself so pregnancy at such a young age can harm the child's own development by diverting too many resources to the baby's development, at least I read that somewhere.

So are we right to pass laws against this and punish the guy? Yes I think so.

But is it against the laws of nature to have a child with a female who is capable of giving birth to a child? No I think it's against the laws of man, not against the laws of nature.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If any man had touched my daughter when she was 11 years old.I
would have certain parts of his anatomy dangling from my earlobes.
The other part would be run through my garbage disposal.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Gypsies marry and give birth at this age. They have 10 children and wondering why they live in misery. One of the reasons bulgarian's hate them.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That's heartbreaking. I don't care that their age of consent is 12 in some places. A child is a child and deserves to be able to live like one. She is a mother now and has to take on that role her childhood is essentially over and gone.

Very sad to read this. I hope she heals in mind body and heart and turns out to be a wonderful mom in the end. Much luck to her and her child.

edit on 19-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I tried the link and nothing is there. Does this happen regularly? As in news stories going missing.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

The story is still in archive.org.
I suspect this story was pulled quickly because it contains bad information.
It says this girl was thought to be the world's youngest mother. Not even close.
That record belongs to a 5 year old mother. Not only that there's a long list of youngest mothers on wikipedia:

List of youngest birth mothers
The list is very long and it only goes up to 10 years old, so claiming an 11 year old was the youngest mother was beyond wrong, it was very wrong. So I'm guessing that may have had something to do with the story getting pulled; they didn't want to look so stupid.

top topics

join