It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is a fallacy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Don't wait on the lord

That is a fallacy, to sell a tool(religion) to get the masses to do things that they otherwise would not.
Ultimately it consumes you by draining your creativity and unique capabilities of each person. (Waiting on signs and words from a higher power) It also (and most importantly) inputs that there is a supremeness over you.

God is you.

All is one, and one is all.
Just as the trillions of cells in your body make up a single working unit(you) albeit being composed of nearly uncountable entities(atoms and quarks as well) Works the same way for the universe and all its embodyments(planets, stars, galaxies (from the tiniest particles to the largest) to ultimately make up a single working unit.

Thus, god is YOU. The Hierarchies spoken of(Angels) are not separate entities watching you. It is your consciousness(Awareness of self) And you are the hierarchy. Thus it is up to you to make changes in your life. There is no waiting upon higher singled out beings to give you answers.

The way to find the answer you seek is by the right question. You can not come out with a solution with no equation.

And you are also the creator. We do it everyday in our minds. When we think of something(Like a purple four headed alligator) it now actually exists in a plane of existence. The first evidence of this is obvious as it exists in your mind. Then the second evidence is its quantam and actual counterpart. Sub atomically everything is the same(Swriling energies and geometric patterns) There is no hard, soft, light, heavy, bright, dim etc etc. It is all fundamentally the same. The observer of the particles(you) invokes the particles to do the things they do on a perceivable level that the human mind is capable of thus far decoding. When you think of that purple four headed alligator, you have actually created it in a plane of inperceivable existence(though it also exists as an idea in your mind)

ALL is one
We all operate as a UNIT
Religion is a fallacy. We must not lose ourselves to the fallacies of higher power to condemn or applaud us as they see fit. It is up to you to make the decision. Not all will make it through at the same time but all will eventually make it through and all is just as capable. The unification and interconnectivity gives rise to psyhic abilities and paranormal powers not yet understood. The study of metaphysics are trying to better understand this in correlation to the studies in quantam physics.
We must not forget ourselves. We are the creators. We create everyday in our minds. The secret is not even a secret..it is obvious.
It is up to you.

Love and peace...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Very interesting read but it's not for me thanks.

I'll stick with the real God and continue my healing prayers for people and recieving signs and words as God see's fit.

So you are right on one score, I am doing things that i otherwise would not.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Triple_helixxx

I bet you get stronger replies with more thought out conversation in say, the Religion forum provided to and for you by ATS.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I noticed you haven't been on ATS that long have you? This is a topic that has been brought up and discussed many times over. Why can't people just comment on existing threads on this topic? Then again, that can be said of every topic on this website.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

double post.
2nd line

[edit on 1-11-2009 by Darth Lumina]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1

I'll stick with the real God and continue my healing prayers for people and recieving signs and words as God see's fit.

i think you are missing the point of the OP... the question is: which interpretation of "the Real God" is one going by.

and how does one determine "the Real God"?

is that not one of humankinds oldest questions?

the OP seems to hold credence in a Holistic perspective. yours is different.

doesn't mean there isn't room for discussion.

PS please do not resort to the bible as THE source of determining the Real God. it may work for you, but not for (many) others.

that is the OP's point.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The OP doesn't present anything to support his or her point, though.

It's no different to the manic street preacher who wears a sandwich board and insists that we listen to their message.

Seriously, "religion" is a fallacy? I would suggest that the exact opposite is true, and that there are many profound truths contained within the various faiths. Liewise, religion has been a source of creative inspiration for countless thousands, so to suggest that it somehow detracts from human creativity is blatantly untrue.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Don't wait on the lord

That is a fallacy, to sell a tool(religion) to get the masses to do things that they otherwise would not.
Ultimately it consumes you by draining your creativity and unique capabilities of each person. (Waiting on signs and words from a higher power) It also (and most importantly) inputs that there is a supremeness over you.

God is you.

This was the message i was replying to really. I got a little confused about the purple alligators and not much was taken in after that.

and how does one determine "the Real God"?

The most obvious answer to that one it that Jesus is alive and the rest are dead.
Christians are given the gifts of the holy spirit and when we use them, something supernatural is going on.
That to me is very good evidence that my God is the real God.

PS please do not resort to the bible as THE source of determining the Real God. it may work for you, but not for (many) others.

No problem there. I have made hundreds of posts on the subject of God and not once have i used any quotes from the bible.
I only tell of what God can and does do and then people can make up thier own minds on whether i am lying, mad or telling the truth.

God makes it so easy for people to find out the truth, there is nothing hard about it, it is so simple.
Ask for your sins to be forgiven then ask Jesus into your life, but be sincere.
This is where the problem lies though. People are afraid, they are afraid of the idea that God knows everything that you do, that he knows all thier little secrets.
It takes a repentant heart to be able to do that and its not something everyone can do, it is easier to find a God that does not judge you.

If you yourself do not believe in God then i may come accross as being a little over the top but many people come to me for prayers for healing and that to me says something of what i say is true.

"The proof is in the pudding" as they say...

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Perhaps you haven't been exposed to the true religion.
David Icke Knows what it is, and it scares the hell out of him, that's why he's fighting so hard against it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4b7cf2b9796e056c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
To me religion is what ever your perceive it to be. May it be god, your own self, or any other god not based on Christianity.

I personally don't care about religion or beliefs I just cant seem to think in that way. I have bee hassled many times for not believing in god or any religion which I thought was wrong considering I never forced my beliefs upon anyone so I expect the same in return. I will gladly listen to your opinions to persuade me as long as it is in a nice context.

One thing for some people who always say my life was terrible until I repented to god ad then my life turned around. I got divorced, lost 2 great friends by death from a drunk driver, discover I had a mutated disease from a airborne bacteria, and discovered my aunt had cancer within a week. Went to church everyday to try and repented but I got worse my aunt started to fade with it everyday.

Then Finally I decided I wasn't going to rely ad I told everyone that god was o more I wasn't wasting my time with him or her anymore. Three weeks later my aunt started to make a slow and painful recovery the treatments started to work after a month of using them the was ready to check her out. I started to make a small recovery but have developed a tumor since but I feel 100 times better as the result from medicine not god. I am now happily married with two kids ad Living life to the fullest everyday.

I know people wont be changed by my post but I wanted to share my story about why I changed my beliefs. Everyone is different with their thought process everyone also is raised different in abnormal environments could changed their thoughts and process the facts to suite their needs.

Well there is my 2 cents on the subject. Religion is what you want it 2 be.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Anyone that believes in god, I have some prime real estate for sale in the everglades if you are interested. U2U me! thnx

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Triple_helixxx
.....Don't wait on the lord

...God is you.

For your first point...

Wait on the Lord. This idea consists of three things:
1. We are to WAIT
2. He is LORD
3. He forms, builds, causes, works, does, teaches, leads.

Psalms 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

(Those who do not wait are transgressing without cause. We run out of patience, and therefore lose trust in Him. Anything that is not of faith is sin.)

Psalms 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

(Our waiting starts when we arise and ends when we go to sleep. We are waiting to be lead and taught. Instruction means correction. When we encounter attributes in others that we do not like, it is to show us what we are like. Not waiting results in not seeing.)

Psalms 25:21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

(Integrity is a "united heart," a heart with one Lord.)

Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

(Wherever we are in the process of our salvation, waiting is our task. He will not fail to teach us.)

Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

If ones we know seem to prosper in their own way, do not be concerned. The end of each matter takes time. The fool is "prosperous." Prosperity does not refer merely to money, but to "happiness," an elusive thing which is lost when sought. We do not "try Jesus" to be happy. Jesus is our Lord, not our hobby. He changes us radically. Radical change does not make one "happy." Radical change causes you to reject YOUR OWN WAY.

We must cease performing and start RESTING. Resting and waiting go together. If we are not resting, we can not wait. The Lord provided a remedy for the sins of man BEFORE he created man. This should make us to rest in Him. He provides before the need exists.

Psalms 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Psalms 37:34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

Psalms 52:9 I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.

Psalms 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

Psalms 69:3 I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.

Psalms 104:27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.

Psalms 106:13 They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel:

Psalms 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

Psalms 130:6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

Proverbs 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.

Isaiah 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Isaiah 25:9 And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Isaiah 26:8 Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.

Isaiah 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

Isaiah 33:2 O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 59:9 Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, but we walk in darkness.

Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

Jeremiah 14:22 Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain? or can the heavens give showers? art not thou he, O LORD our God? therefore we will wait upon thee: for thou hast made all these things.

Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Lamentations 3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Hosea 12:6 Therefore turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually.

Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.

Zephaniah 3:8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Zechariah 11:11 And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD.

Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Romans 12:7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

2 Thessalonians 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
link: jesus-is-the-way.com...

for your second point...

"Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?" 2 And the woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, lest you die.’" 4 And the serpent said to the woman, "You surely shall not die! 5 "For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings" (Gen. 3:1-7).

OT's gonna stick with the scriptures. How did you come to this belief? You are being decieved , sorry

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
Anyone that believes in god, I have some prime real estate for sale in the everglades if you are interested. U2U me! thnx

sweet,

how much?

OT

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Yeah, I know OldThinker, lol! You would think he was trying to be sarcastic with irony but the true irony is that all everglades real estate is prime. I lmfao when I read that he,he. My guess is that reasonable has never been to the 'Glades.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I just don't understand the concept of blind faith... People preach to me about how i should believe in god but why, because a book says so, what about the sumerians? I think just the bit i have looked into them makes me question the whole lot of it. I mean sure the message of the bible is great other than we were born on our knees and of sin... that makes no sense to me, the great flood? why so many killed they couldn't have all been bad. so many questions... yet i find myself at square one... been preached to all my life and yet something wont let me believe it cause people and writing says so. All I can do is treat people the way i desire to be treated and listen to what feels right to me. I just feel like things are hidden that would make this all so much easier to understand. haha what a world we live in. my 2 rupels

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ever wonder why we all have the need to prove each other wrong and prove ourselves right?

Let's not disprove each other, let's find the truth! Fact is Science tries to disprove Religion and Religion tries to disprove Science.

I believe that a clear reading of the scriptures shows that both can in fact be in perfect unity.

It does take quite a bit of humility to put ones autopilot mind control thought process on hold and look deeply into how science and biblical truth can and do work together.

I do believe that cults whether small or large and disguised as a main stream religion are infact still CULTS. So to the creator of this thread I will give you that religion is false, albeit filled mostly with well intentioned lovers of GOD. I however also believe that to say GOD does not exist is to deny physical biblical evidence of which there is a large amount.

Research the bible, read Genesis and see that the earth and mankind can infact be millions of years old. In Genesis it says that GOD created Mankind, male and female. It says he then rested. Then it says he created Adam and Eve. It says Adam was created to guard the Eden... against what or whom... the earlier created mankind. also when Adams son sinned and killed able he was sent out into the world to wander by GOD. He said in scripture he was afraid that he would be hurt or harmed by those who would not know him. Well if Adam was just created and his own son was expelled into the world who were those that might harm Cain? It was man who was created earlier in the bible. Notice that after the 7th day in which GOD Yahuwah rested it makes no mention of a timeline. We know that the 7 days in which Yahuwah created heavens and Earth that because of scripture a Day to Yahuwah is 1000 years. but we do not know how much time went by after the 7000 years and when Yahuwah created Adam.

Remember the bible has the answers if you look closely. Dinasoars did exist and so did early mankind. Who knows how many civilizations came and went before Adam was created...

Lets think on truth together and work toward greater understanding!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by juste606

One thing for some people who always say my life was terrible until I repented to god ad then my life turned around. I got divorced, lost 2 great friends by death from a drunk driver, discover I had a mutated disease from a airborne bacteria, and discovered my aunt had cancer within a week. Went to church everyday to try and repented but I got worse my aunt started to fade with it everyday.

I will assume that you have read my above post before i tell you this..
You hear me talking about praying for healing for others but i have had cancer for two years now.

I have had hormone treatment and radiotherapy. i finished my treatment last year but now i have been informed that it was not cured.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, i go for an MRI and a bone scan.
Then depending on how bad the results are, i will have to undergo more invasive surgery, calostomy bags, the works...
My wifes sister has cancer and we just hope she can get to christmas although she has not eaten for a week now.

The point i am trying to make here is that God is still there, he is just as real now as he was before i had cancer. I may not understand why he has not healed me but i won't turn my back on him because of it.
I have seen so many wonderfull things that God has done for other people and continues to do, that no matter how it turns out for me he will still change other peoples lives for the better. He will still be healing others and if one person in ten is healed, then it will do me.

I am very sorry for you losses and i know you will have gone through an emotional roller coaster ride because of these things happening to you.
God isn't allways the answer to our prayers but we should never stop saying them..

I wish you all the best..

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I was just saying that I have bee much better without god in my life than when he was it. I was just stating my experience and thought to inform you about my reasons behind my decision.

Plus when I type I have to go bad and retype cause my N key is stuck sometimes (maybe that's god telling me to stop typing) j/k bad joke I know.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I wonder...

Have you ever looked what word 'Religion' stands for?

Yet you talk about unity. I am not saying that you are wrong - it is just that you are pushing your 'faith' instead of another 'faith' which is one that Church and other 'religions' offer.

To end my irrelevant post here, 'Religion' derives from Latin word 'Religare', which means 'to union' or 'to bind strongly'. So basically you are talking against your own message. I recommend more careful choice of words.

Just my opinion. All the best,

-v

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying...

Though to me...

It's like this...

When someone says
"I saw a UFO" and they go on and explain what they say and imply they think it was 'alien'

Then someone comes along and says "You didn't see any aliens at all, don't be silly"

Then the man who saw the sighting would say..

"No no..UFO means Unidentified Flying Object..it could have been anything"

The point is..for the majority at least. Is that they know what I am talking about..and that trying to find a way around it by talking about what Religion really means or where the word came from is just beating a dead horse...

You all know(or at least most of you) what is being implied..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join