It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the state of Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hello im new here and id like to share some insights ive experienced recently in Oz. This kinda involves many topics like freemasonry, politics and others so im gonna post here if its ok

Ive really started to notice strange things happening here in Australia, im not really a conspiricy buff and i dont know where to begin, i'll summarise a list to begin with

1) leader of the Australian freemasons appearing on Australian TV at a telstra (our main communications company) press meeting.

2)The Australian media (the illuminati eye printed on the front page of our most popular newspaper)

3) John howard (our prime minister) doing strange things infront of camera's when at social gatherings

I'll begin with the Freemason leader, he appeared at a press confrence on live tv a few weeks ago and talked about Freemasonry to the press, the room was filled with obedient looking freemasons dressed in suits who really sucked up to the leader during question time. It turns out that Freemasonry is DEEPLY rooted in Australian politics and history.

The same week there was a documentary on tv about the Freemason who designed our capital city (canberra) and showed many symbols (egyptian etc) that you can see when viewing from above.

The next week i got the newspaper and in the top left hand corner was the illuminati eye with the words "Guess who wants to join?" written next to it, it refered to a story on the back page about some buisness man wanting to buy a major Australian sports team (football). The Australian press and tv media have begun bombarding our tv and papers with all things about football and are really hyping it up (it really isnt that popular), its like you are un-Australian now if your not into this sport, every edition of our main paper is full of stupid football stories and posters...its never been like this before, its allmost become patriotic.

Ive seen our prime minister on 3 occasions while being filmed talking at social and military gatherings jokingly pointing at the sky and doing other things like praying to the sky when asked questions about Australias plans for the future, these clips were shown on the major news channels here. Our opposition leader also demaned "for australia to know about the secret dealings and societies involved in our politics" during a question time meeting shown on tv.

I have to admit, Australians can be a pretty dopy bunch of people (the whole Australian culture and image demands simplicity, and its really being hammered out as being cool and patriotic at the moment by the media).
But there are many strange things happening here which people are just not noticing as fast as people from other countries who experience similar things.

I dont think many people here know much about strange things such as these happeing in Australia so i thought i would post about them and hope other people (from AUS and other countries) can tell me what they think, sorry about my spelling too, im a little wasted at the moment

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sounds like you might have something kinda neat at hand, there, ol' Squidy.

How about finding a copy of the "illuminati" eye on the cover of the paper to post? (I think what you're referring to is the "All-Seeing Eye" - In the States we've got it on our one-dollar bills).

Secondly, how much of an influence is Masonry in Australian society? Does it seem to have a strong influence, are lots of people Masons?

I can tell you that there's a conspiracy afoot in regards to the physical layout of the US's capital: Washington DC is often analysed as having a Masonic influence in its architecture, as it uses a lots of certain angles.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Odd, which newspaper is our main one, we all have different newspapers. Do you just mean 'The Australian'?

I haven't noticed much of an upturn in talk about football. Apart from the obvious upturn a cpl months ago when the football seasons started. Also what on Earth are you talking about football isn't that popular? Firstly, which code are you talking about. Secondly, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't that popular. Football, in whichever form, is massively popular all over the country in my experience.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Im supprised you dont feel the same way kano.

By our "main" newspaper i mean our most widley read (the daily telegraph) I didnt really choose a good choice of words last night to explain myself.

Im not suggesting a "football conspiricy", im just saying its taken on this whole new image and it is being hyped to the max this season, i was thinking of something on the lines of it being hyped up as something for us to do to keep the our minds off current events.

It has never been this widley publicised before, half of the front page of the daily telegraph is taken up with football headlines allmost every day, theres now sports updates on tv that are shown more often that news updates....reality tv has also taken over in a huge way, people in these shows are like role models for the todays youth. Were getting pumped full of sport (not that i hate sport) and pumped full of other things like reality tv and other fashionable social programming for the first time in our history, we are being shown how to act and what to like....while being raped by advertising at the same time.

About the "all seing eye" symbol, im really gonna try to hunt this paper down to post it now, i planned on keeping it but it was thrown out accidently.
I just wanted to stress that the eye was not a close up picture of the mans eye on the back page, it was a different persons slightly squinted single left eye...it was about 3.5 cm square on the upper left corner of the page, the eye was not inside anything like a triangle....it kind of freaked me out.

The freemason thing was a little odd to say the least, the Leader appears on tv to tell the press about how they are a law obiding group of charatable men who do no evil, but he said that not everone in their group want the same things and if they are found out they will be expelled. He was basicly reasuring the press that they were not up to anything, while not denying that there are some rouge people in his organisation who wish for other things.

About the masonry architecture; ive never heard anything like this happening here untill i saw that documentary about the designer (who was a practicing freemason, there was photos with him in the bush wearing his robe doing a harmless looking ritual with other masons).
He also designed a number of incinerators with masonic symbols on them around differnt parts of the city back in his time. I found a transcript of that episode:

www.abc.net.au...

Many of our prime ministers have been masons, including our first, as well as our most prominent sporting stars (don bradman).

The oposition leader questioning the prime minister on the topic of secret dealings social circles and societies in parlament also raised alarm bells.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ride that magic-type electric carpet Suiddy (you are on to something)!

Surely you guys remember that WHIRLWIND tour made by the Chinese and US Leaders last year (at the same time!) You know, the one where Public Servants dressed up as Policeman (in order to give the illusion of high-security).

It was JUST after the Chinese made their successful ORBITS OF THE EARTH.

They all then went and had tea and scones at the USA Embassy in Yarralumla, Canberra. I was there, and it was very, very interesting�

Look back at public record, and then TRY TO work out, why they came here. I know, and I think most must�

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Oh yeh, nearly forgot.

The Freemasons actually SPONSOR a road here in Canberra. Its called Telopea Park (and actually has a sign stating that the Freemasons of Canberra sponsor this road).

Although, since I pointed this out (on another forum a few months ago), some of the "Conspiracy Buffs" seem to "tax-it" every few weeks. It still gets replaced, but...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Salaam Aliekum All,

I live in Sydney, Botany and near here i have seen 2 Masonic Temple', one in Hurstville (It get's packed there on Saturday's i have no idea why), and one in Kingsford (Never really seen anyone go in there before), but some people in Liverpool, some people were saying something of a Anti-Freemason group being gatherd there and that they have there own little gathering, they consist of mainly Muslims. But thats just a roomur anyways.

Salaam

Sebs

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The people at the freemason halls are probably just at parties. I know over here (WA) that the freemason halls are often rented for parties. In my younger years I went to quite a few parties of mates etc who rented the halls for the night. Loud music and alcohol all around, no rituals any stranger than a party anywhere else.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
the most popular newspaper that you are referring to is only popular in sydney. In melbourne it is the herald sun and truth be told i havent noticed the all seeing eye.

what football are you referring to- aussie rules or rugby league. Because here in melbourne aussie rules is nad has been for a hundred years a religion.

now as far as freemasonry is concerned, freemason influence is very deep in australian society. You can check out many lodges here in melbourne, it is no secret.

i also think you are referring to mark lathams speech about secret and movements within government. Please dont forget this is an election year and the war in iraq, with australia's involvemnt is a major trump card for the opposition

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
hey again, thanks for the replies:

The code of football i was refering to is Rugby League. Does anyone else think its being hyped up this year? Its become center focus with all the "scandals" etc, one player said he had ADHD as an excuse for getting drunk at a pub and now its front page, players cant even make a phone calls to girls they meet at a bars now without it becomming a gossipy "scandal". I must admit the bulldogs rape allegation incident may have had something to do with this, and people are taking/force fed notice of the players personal lives.

Is the Daily Telegraph only available in Sydney? Sorry for saying its the most popular, its pretty much the newspaper the people of Sydney buy during the week for a quick look at the news, on the weekends theres some better choices (the australian etc).

The eye thing was strange to say the least, ive been trying to find it online but i'll have to pay to search for it, i'll search it out next time im near a library.

I didnt realise how many freemason lodges exised in sydney, its been no secret that they exist, the interview with the grand master on ABC revealed the participation they have had in politics and sports right from the begining, im wondering how much influence they had in introducing Federation or other groundbreaking events in our history. (i dont hate masons, im just interested
).

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The Daily telegraph is probably available in other states but here in Melbourne the HErald Sun is the most popular.

As for footy being hyped......... this is AUSTRALIA and it is FOOTBALL SEASON!

When ISNT football hyped during footy season?

As for the masons, they're everywhere. They've been here since settlement. No big deal.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yeah over here the main paper is The West Australian. Its pretty much Footy news on the back page every day (Aussie rules obviously). Unless theres something major to bump it. (Actually even then it usually cracks a mention somewhere on the back page).

We too have actually started to get a little more Rugby news around the place. My guess is its due to having the World Cup recently, as well as all the scandals in your code this year.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would have thought the Age or the Herald sun would have been the main newspaper in Australia...ad the Australian is up there too...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Oh yeah...and Australia isn't a state....it's a Continent!!!! ;P

Just had to make that joke ;P

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh God how I miss Australia. Im an expat now living Stateside with my American wife. I would kill for a potatoe pie. Well I hope nothing too serious is happening downunder. I want paradise to stay the way it is.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I love it here, my dad moved here from San Antonio, Texas when he was around 15 and had me not too long after.

Its disturbing to see what is happening here latley, the youth of today are being depicted by what is shown on tv, they are becomming more abstract.
Trends come and go on a regular basis fueled by what is shown by the media as acceptable, "fresh" or sexy. Music is judged popular by what fashion or lifestyle it fits into. The outside world viewed from a TV is influencing many peoples lives here...even though that outside world is manufactured just for entertainment.

The mixture of cultures and overpowering media and social preasures makes this country a confusing place to belong to at times. We are an experiment in mass multicuturalism and its only begun to become out of hand, things are happening here that you would never expect to happen in Australia (different crimes, etc), and its being cheered on by the media. All our freedoms could be taken away tomorrow and hardly anyone would think twice, if the reasons were worded the right way. We are vulnerable as people and open to suggestion more than ever.

new topics

top topics

join