It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 1, 2009 (11/01/09)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Usually there aren't to many breaking news stories over the financial market during the weekend. But if you have been paying attention to the market this weekend you should be noticing some very strange and alarming developments.

Considering the results of the stock markets on Friday and several banks breaking over the weekend. What are your thoughts about going back to work on Monday? What is happening right now in the financial markets that we are going to learn about in the following days regarding the future of this country?

I have a feeling things are going to get very tense in the next month. The date tomorrow being the first day of November; 11/01/09 or 01/11/09 is a Sunday. Then back to work Monday on 11/02/09, only to see some more financial doom and gloom?

On a slightly unrelated note, last night I noticed a lot of strange activity in the skies above. I wonder if we are within days of a major false flag event.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 31-10-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I dont mean to nitpick but u inverted those numbers wrong. The inverse of 11/01/09 is 09/01/11, not 9/11/01.

Also, by activity in the skies are you talking about theweather? Astronomical events? UFOs? Planecraft? What do you mean? And not everyone might know what country you're even talking about, as this is an international website.

I've heard so many dates to worry about, I think I've just become numb to these "were all in for a ton o mess on such and such date" threads... And none of them ever really seem to pan out.

If it comes, it comes. I'd rather not be afraid.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

WHAT?
Speak out man, what is your point, do you have a point?
I have not noticed anything unusuall besides flu related stuff during weekend, so if you have some info on ECONOMIC aspect, speak out.
I hate this kind of ATS bs numbers and predictions..without any substance at all.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well there was one bit of financial news today but before I post the story I need to explain...

When investors fear their stocks they flock to three known safe places to park their money... those place are Options, Bonds and yes US Dollars...

Oct. 31 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar gained the most against the euro in six months on concern the global recovery may stall as economic stimulus winds down, reducing demand for higher- yielding assets funded by the greenback.

The pound touched the strongest level against the euro this week since September after gains in consumer confidence and mortgage approvals added to signs an economic recovery is taking hold in the U.K. The advance in the dollar before next’s week Federal Reserve announcement pared a fourth consecutive monthly loss, part of the longest losing streak since 2004.
Full story at bloomberg

When you look at this and the VIX (Up 25% just on Friday afternoon) up or down it looks like Monday is lining up to be a volatile day

[edit on 31-10-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Thanks for the warning

Let it be stated that i sincerely believe that you believe in this theory and i respect that. I hope your prediction will not come to pass.

Now as for my thoughts on this whole prediction thing, we are gonna have to set up some kind of calendar to prevent these boards from backing up on prediction threads...

If nobody minds i would like to reserve next Friday the 6th. I'll be putting a thread up about a nuclear attack on russia...

Peace

[edit on 31/10/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is so funny! Someone else tried the same last weekend, Saying almost the same thing. Its really funny to see all the Histeria!

Trust me nothings happening, the markets are reacting to the Low consumer spending and a few large corporate quarterly reports on revenues, which were all not so hot.

Put it to bed!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Comming from a guy called 12.21.12, creating a thread called 01.11.09 which also could mean 11.01.09. or 09.11.01, we can most likely expect a thread from 12.21.12 every day labeled:

Thread 2: 02.11.09
Thread 3: 03.11.09
Thread 4: 04.11.09
etc.

Great job. S & F. Thanks for wasting my time.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
As they say "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all" I wish people who didn't like your post would just move on and not post, that being said... I agree that something is in the wind. I think the DOW is in for a major correction down to the 8,000's not sure if it will be monday or in a month, but the reality is the economy is not good, and the stock market is BULL or Bear i guess... anyway, always praying for collapse, its the only thing that will bring people back to what really matters: Family, Friends, LOVE! Keep posting!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If a tree falls in the forest and there is nobody there to hear it does it make a sound?

Just to clear things up, I am speaking of a possible bank holiday or something to that effect. Just because banks seem to be dropping like flies lately. Fridays business looks like it spilled over into the weekend and possibly over into Monday morning. What happens if you go to your bank tomorrow to cash a check or go to work if the bank has been ceased or closed? Then what?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ashamedtobehuman

It's not really about the date. It's about seeing how many nails you can put in a coffin before it is effectively sealed shut.

This is not a prediction thread. I posted this yesterday after viewing the current market trends from closing on Friday. You can call it an observation thread or a speculation thread but I don't recall predicting anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think overall the DOW will be down several hundred more points by next Friday because the new unemployment numbers will show we are still shedding jobs. Other than that nothing too exciting.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by washingtonsghost

I agree the system reset button needs to be pressed. It is just a question of when and how?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yes I agree, I think that the gradual fall is the most likely route. I have been watching the numbers go up all last month, now they are going back down. It's only a matter of time.

The reason I put the date, November 1st in the thread title is because it is the first of the month. Most significantly it marks the beginning of the month so it might be a day to be remembered.

I have a feeling we are just getting a small glimpse of things to come.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I dont think the prediction was a good idea which is why you had a few nasty comments but the economy has been going pretty downhill this past week. The economy will collapse sooner or later its just a matter of time, they cant keep printing money out of thin air forever.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The problem is this...

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. -----Adolf Hitler

The economic optimism propaganda that's been constantly spewed from the Obama Administration seems to have the masses fooled into thinking we're coming out of recession. Kinda like paying a credit card bill, with 2 other credit cards. Our economy is on stimulus life support, and it isn't going to take much to pull the plug. Plunge of the dollar perhaps?

I could spend all day citing examples, but if your here, on this site, this thread, then you already have a good idea of what I'm talking about.
www.businessinsider.com...
Not to mention the Associated Press report that jobs saved or created via stimulus is greatly exaggerated

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Why all the flaming???
I know people get tired of hearing about the economy falling but guess what, it's real. I think the U.S should be in histerics right now! Considering everything that has taken over 200 years to build is being ripped apart piece by piece. I'm not a doomsday kinda person, whatever happens is meant to be IMO but this is real and it's happening and there are a lot of people that I have talked to that still have no idea what's going on and choose to have their heads buried in the sand. Each person I hear talking about it makes me happy because then I know it is one more concerned person that is awake. Nothing has ever changed by people sitting idly by doing nothing and not think ahead down the road, good or bad.
It's no wonder the world is in the crapper. Where is the unity? Everyone is always so rude. For what really??????

top topics

join