It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Scozzafava Suspends New York Congressional Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Republican state Assemblywoman Dierdre Scozzafava has suspended her campaign for upstate New York's 23rd Congressional District seat, giving a possible boost to Conservative Party nominee Doug Hoffman against Democrat Bill Owens...

Link

I know that a lot of people are interested in this particular race, so today's development is a big one. Perhaps the conservative movement has more life than people want to admit? I suppose we'll find out on Tuesday. Otherwise, its good to see the voters deliver a rebuke to the NY GOP leadership for selecting a poor candidate (there was no primary) but at the same time, shame on the NY GOP leadership for basically tossing Scozzafava under the bus when it became clear that her campaign was failing.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

She was just a RINO anyway, and she was going to lose.

Good choice on her part, save the money for something else.

Perhaps a Senate seat might open soon.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
S&f best news I heard all day!Now if they(New Yorkers) keep their heads outta their butts the Independent (Hoffman)should win.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

The biggest concern now is that many of the early ballots have already been cast. I wouldn't be surprised if she still gets close to 10% of the vote. It could be enough for her to play the role of spoiler.

On the other hand, the funniest thing is watching the Republican party try to spin this for Hoffman now. It didn't take long for them to change their tune, with Gingrich leading the charge and now all but endorsing Hoffman. Way to go Newt. You're a day late and a dollar short, and you angered most of the conservatives in the country by admonishing them for supporting the guy in the first place. Nice work.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Yeah sometimes I am so anti obama and his policies I forget how bad the other side is.We are truly in trouble.The sad fact is our gov is a mess and we tolerate it.Until we put our foot down I believe we are lost.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
In upstate NY, and I WILL be voting for Hoffman, this is AWESOME news!!!

edit to add - pretty much everyone I talk to is voting for him, the rural areas are generally VERY conservative/republican.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by toepick]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And just to update on this story, to the surprise of, well, no one, the RINO has decided to back the Democrat Owens.

Republican Dede Scozzafava endorsed her former Democratic opponent Sunday in the race for an upstate New York congressional seat, shaking up the contest for the second day in a row after exiting the race Saturday.

Link

This is a perfect example of why conservatives should stick to their principles and also of how the GOP leadership's poor decisions and support of anyone with an (R) beside their name, regardless of ideology, has led the party into the mess it currently finds itself in.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Like I said, a RINO. She couldn't have been more blatant about it.

Score one for the GOP, though they don't deserve it.

Better yet, score one for NY, they get Hoffman.

top topics

join