It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glasgow - EDF, WDL and SDL march in November, riots feared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Revealed: English Nazis plot to bring terror to streets of Scotland

Oct 25 2009 Stephen Stewart

A MOB of English racists and neo-Nazis planning to invade Scotland can be exposed by the Sunday Mail today.

The far-right trouble makers are planning to march in Glasgow under the banner of the Scottish Defence League near the country's biggest Mosque.

Despite portraying themselves as Scots, the right-wingers - including senior BNP activists - will travel to Scotland from Birmingham, Luton, London and Carlisle.

The ragbag army of football hooligans, far-right activists and racist thugs want a confrontation with Scots Muslims.

They have even started selling s20 Scottish Defence League polo shirts on eBay for marchers to wear.

Organisers have admitted that previous marches have been attended by fascist thugs from Combat 18.

They hope to take advantage of the heightened profile given to the far right from Nick Griffin's Question Time appearance on Thursday.

A group calling themselves the Scottish Defence League made - then withdrew - an official application to stage a march on November 14 in Glasgow.

Behind the scenes, they have been organising a huge demo for the city on that date - and last week told undercover Sunday Mail investigators the march was definitely on.

Most of the marchers will come from England - mirroring an event in Swansea held by the Welsh Defence League which descended into chaos.

Those expected in Scotland include:

Essex security boss and mum-of-five Leisha Brookes, who was stopped carrying a knuckle duster on a previous march.

Anti-Islamic Carlisle-based businessman Stephen Gash, who helped organise an English Defence League protest in Harrow, Middlesex, which descended into violence.

BNP activist Chris Renton, who launched websites for the Scottish and English Defence Leagues.

Aston Villa fan Richard Price, whose Facebook page says he has done prison time. He has "England" tattooed on his bottom lip.

West Lothian-based Scottish ex-squaddie Steve Ritchie, who has offered to provide transport for marchers on an internet site.

Senior police officers and politicians are privately concerned about the possibility of an illegal march and potential flare-ups with Muslims near Glasgow Central Mosque in the city's Gorbals area.

Brookes, 42, who runs SBK Security in Southend, said: "In Scotland, we will be demonstrating the strength of our support, which, across the UK, is growing at rate of almost 1000 a month. We reckon to have several hundred supporters in Scotland but it is a very big area, so much of it comes from cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh."

Fulll story can be read here: www.sundaymail.co.uk...

I thought I would post this as in the full article that was too long to quote, at the bottom it says

A group of trade unionists, political parties, anti-racist organisations and faith groups called Scotland United have organised a rally to celebrate multicultural Glasgow at noon on Saturday, November14, at Glasgow Green.

If the English, Welsh and Scottish defence leagues are marching at the same time then this could create some incidents to say the least on Nov 14th, I had heard in the grapevine where I live (near glasgow) that the marches by the EDL etc are going ahead without conscent regardless.

Thoughts?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That looks like one heck of a punch up! but between who I can't say..

Apart from the racial tensions that are being racheted up every where in the UK, are the tensions between the nations on these isles being racheted up too? if so, by who?

As in my mind I can see the EDL, SDL and WDL turning on each other..

If these are Anti-Extreme Islam protests, I would have to ask, is there really a problem in Glasgow, or will this create a problem in Glasgow?

Whatever way this goes it does not seem to bode well..

Edit: On a can't spell day for some reason.

[edit on 31/10/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
They should be allowed to march and make their protest, violence however, would not be a welcome sight.
Though the radical left wing anti-fascist groups backed by the labour government are an even nastier bunch, they have been running amok recently, and none of the msm wants to villify them.
This shows me that the country is out of balance politcally, and the people are starting to readjust their views accordingly, hence the growing boldness of the far right movements in this country moves in parrallel with their own growing popularity with the people.
These protests and marches are a good thing, im with morrissey on this one, id love to see the english sick to death of labour AND the CONservatives and end the political merry go round.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
great

just what Glasgow needs

as if its not bad enough in the summer with all the ignorant orange order twats marching through the streets

if there is unfortunately some violence, fingers crossed it's these racist, ignorant, twisted, uneducated #wits that end up in the Clyde

scum

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow. They haven't even marched and they've profiled them already.
Using the usual words like "thugs" "football hooligans" "racists" "neo-nazis"
Seems they are trying to whip up a bit of brawl themselves in their reporting.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The thing that really really bothers me about these folks (apart from the racism etc) is that they try and piggy-back on the SNP (Scottish National Party) and in turn give them a bad name when all the SNP want is independence.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
None are far right racist organisations!
They are everyday people who want to express their concern at the rise, influence and actions of extreme Islamic organisations and our governments unwillingness to address.

Unfortunately the PC dominated MSM automatically portray these groups as nazi's.

Every EDL march to date has been attacked by UAF, Class War and their supporters with the MSM trying to attach blame to the EDL.

The stereotyping of EDL etc members is pityful and I would expect most members of ATS to be able to rise above it, alas....?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Wow. They haven't even marched and they've profiled them already.
Using the usual words like "thugs" "football hooligans" "racists" "neo-nazis"
Seems they are trying to whip up a bit of brawl themselves in their reporting.

My thoughts exactly.
More " balanced " reporting from the great British press.
Not

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Scottish muslims dont care about sharia law , i have muslim friends and they couldnt give a monkeys about it.
Scots dont care about islamification , because it doesnt exist in scotland .
We are a united nation unlike england , there are small pockets of racists but they are the minority .

the SDL wont survive in scotland , because scotland doesnt want it .

im going to buy an SDL polo shirt and burn it in george square film it and put it on youtube !

these facists and racists shouldnt have been allowed into our united country!

BAN THE BNP IN SCOTLAND AND SDL OUT !

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I know EDL are in nottingham on the 5th which will be interesting.

If they are true about they just Anti Extreamists and not racist they will get a good group of people, however due to the fact EDL have been reported to be racist or even been made to look racist.

This will either cause a backlash from Nottinghams people because of the rummours and reports and there could be trouble or they will get a lot of support and new members from this march.

I dont think it will be an inbetween situation, also dont let the media link football fans to this Group, because either Notts country or Nottingham Forest will be playing on saturdayon which you will see alot of football fans, dont let the media suggest they are apart of any racist group, just a warning

i will go down and check out the march and situation just to give my view on it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Oddly enough they have already linked the scottish protest with football holligans , well

you can tell they are , all wearing stone island and CP company jackets
defo football hooligans

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
well thats fine, to link them with hooligans but i dont want them thinking its football fans.

its another sign of times to come.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Why have our papers turned to defending muslims, in turn from our 'football hooligan, council estate, nazi' baby eaters?

What a load of crap, the papers and news just love lathering this stuff on thick don't they, I don't see any choice other than demonstrating anymore and the BNP and the little factions that have split off seem to be the only ones noticing the fact our country is being completely taken over.

People are too bothered about getting x-mas presents in early or x-factor.

It said in the article it was gathering new supporters monthly. It won't be long till those numbers start to rise in my opinion..

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
well thats pretty true , this country Scotland , isnt so much in the turmoil england is in with the racial tension or islamic fundamentalism. Certainly however we have lots of other problems which the BNP have pointed out .
and people are voting for them because they seem to be the only party actually trying to tackle the issues regardless of their real agenda!

However i will never vote for BNP , and will fight racists and facists in the street should they grip my country !

Let them protest and let them rally , let them on tv to debate, and if they cant defend their agenda's and can only show that they have nothing else but racial hate then they should be sent out of the country or imprisoned!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
well i wish you goodluck when these groups march, i hope thnigs stay relaxed and enjoyable.

oh and Safe of course

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
EDL in nottingham todat aswell as UAF aswell Nottingham forest v leicester

Big police numbers in the town already.

Just making people aware of it.

www.thisisnottingham.co.uk...

live webcam feed for nottingham sqaure.
www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk...

[edit on 5-12-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
All Nottingham Police leave was cancelled and Leicestershire Police had to police the Forest - Leicester game.

Quite an expensive operation.

Apparently there were several minor skirmishes between EDL and UAF.
As usual MSM have portrayed this as being all EDL instigated, I have it on good authority that it was very much a mutual thing with minorities from both sides provoking each other.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

top topics

join