It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London - Pro-sharia law march cancelled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Source

Anjem Choudary, leader of the radical Islamic sect Al Muhajiroun, said organisers Islam4UK had been forced to cancel the planned march from the House of Commons to Trafalgar Square because of security concerns.

My personal opinion is that this was cancelled as no one wanted to go along..

I guess the EDL and UAF will have to find something else to do today in London..

Tho I suspect it won't stop the EDLs protests in Leeds.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I had heard that there was going to be a protest in Glasgow that is completely blacked out by the media. I obviously understand why that is the case.

Think it was the EDL or similar.

Just something I heard through the grapevine and its to happen soon I think. The people who are going to be marching are supposedly ex cons and wanting a riot etc but I dont know if thats just hearsay.

I hate rumours that dont have specific dates attached but usually rumours are right

Maybe another member can shed more light?

[edit on 31-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Ive just did a search and found this...

Revealed: English Nazis plot to bring terror to streets of Scotland

Oct 25 2009 Stephen Stewart

A MOB of English racists and neo-Nazis planning to invade Scotland can be exposed by the Sunday Mail today.

The far-right trouble makers are planning to march in Glasgow under the banner of the Scottish Defence League near the country's biggest Mosque.

Despite portraying themselves as Scots, the right-wingers - including senior BNP activists - will travel to Scotland from Birmingham, Luton, London and Carlisle.

The ragbag army of football hooligans, far-right activists and racist thugs want a confrontation with Scots Muslims.

They have even started selling s20 Scottish Defence League polo shirts on eBay for marchers to wear.

Organisers have admitted that previous marches have been attended by fascist thugs from Combat 18.

They hope to take advantage of the heightened profile given to the far right from Nick Griffin's Question Time appearance on Thursday.

A group calling themselves the Scottish Defence League made - then withdrew - an official application to stage a march on November 14 in Glasgow.

www.sundaymail.co.uk...

Maybe that will shed more light.

I think this is something to keep an eye on for the coming weeks.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Cancelled for security concerns? That doesn't sound like the hateful clerics we all love to hate back.

This was cancelled due to complete lack of interest in their own community. I have absolutely no doubt.

It's hard to say which way this could all go. It's very worrying, because groups like this stir up the the idiots of this country into supporting the BNP and EDL.

There is no doubt that people have the right to protest, but I'm now very worried that this is creating more problems.

I'm actually completely lost for a solution to this. Any adequate solution would mean restricting freedom of protest.

One thing we do absolutely need, is an investigation into the EDL and SDL. We need Panorama or similar to find out who is leading them, where they came from, their criminal history, what they actually support...
Regardless of any opinions on the matter, the real threat here for this country is not "radical Islam" it's Nazi scum gaining some power through the ignorance of the masses.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here:
Islam4UK March for sharia CANCELLED

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Thanks... I did a quick search and missed that one.. Doh

top topics

join