It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

little grey stats arrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just noticed the little grey arrow next to the membercentre(u2u) bit at the top of the screen.
I'm just curious, I see that it leads to a site with stats of loads of message boards and that we are listed as new. Have we just made it into the chart because of the amazing growth of the site? I assume that as we grow, we will be heading further up the chart and we'll be getting some of the cool graphs in our stats that the other sites have got.
Perhaps you should make the little grey arrow stand out a bit more instead of hiding it away?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'll be adding a more obvious link in the future... if all goes well. The "big-boards" site is for any community with more than 500,000 posts. However, most of the sites they list have threads that go back 3 years... just 1 year ago we hit 100,000 posts... so we're rising fast. In their list of 437 "active boards", we would currently rank 181 as a measure of post activity. We're the only conspiracy board in the list, and among the few general interest boards (most are fan boards, gaming boards, or enthusiast boards for cars/computers/etc.) We certainly stand out.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

In their list of 437 "active boards", we would currently rank 181 as a measure of post activity.

well thats not a bad start as a new addition to the big board site. This will be another board for me to keep an eye on as well as our rise and rise up the SETI@home team stats boards

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha...This will be another board for me to keep an eye on as well as our rise and rise up the SETI@home team stats boards

Hear, hear pantha!!

ATS SETI@home is continuing to rise through the global teams list at SETI@work and we're shown at 743rd place (although the board needs updating, as our Total WU's are shown as 124 445WU's, as opposed to 120 748WU's, so I imagine we're actually about ten positions higher up the global teams list!!)

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
AH man... I thought it was an entrance to a secret section of the board, you know, kinda like in that old movie "The Net" with Sandra Bullock.

But in the movie, it's a Pi symbol, hidden at the bottom of the page in a corner.

*makes mental note: gotta stop watching so much movies*

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That movie "The net" was cool i have seen it 3 times mudt see it a 4th dam you Morbid for bringing this up

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
AH man... I thought it was an entrance to a secret section of the board, you know, kinda like in that old movie "The Net" with Sandra Bullock.

But in the movie, it's a Pi symbol, hidden at the bottom of the page in a corner.

For all you old timers, you may recall ATS did have such a secret section at one time accessed by clicking a Pi symbol in the lower right hand corner of the main site homepage....

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yes.... What was the secret of pi anyways?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Panta, you are so observant. And, you go and ask those questions, so we all learn.
You deserve applause for sharing your natural curiousity with us

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
thank you DTOM . When you visit the board as much as I do, you become very sensitive to any small change. My eyes were drawn to the little arrow as soon as it appeared.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
lol...I saw that thing right away too...hoped it was a find the rings clue.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Yes.... What was the secret of pi anyways?

You know what, I can't remember either. In fact, I can't even remember if I had ever noticed it lol... Weird coincidence that I mentionned that, maybe my subconscious remembered it.

Damn memory holes...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Actually, it's so subtle, and so tothe right, I don't see it aat all. I have the type made large for my dear eyes, and miss the very far edges of the screen.
I NEVER would have seen it, lol.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by m0rbid

For all you old timers, you may recall ATS did have such a secret section at one time accessed by clicking a Pi symbol in the lower right hand corner of the main site homepage....

Man simon im drawing a blank about that. I remeber a few vague details but thats it. Danggit lol

new topics

top topics

join