It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Damned Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
*If you hate loathe me, and will disregard anything I write, either click another link, or there is a nifty button underneath my avatar (made espwecially for you! Pronounce it with the "W" *

In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

I thought I'd start off this thread with that quote.

This is a 'spin-off' of another thread I made, which was a meandering I admit.

The human race as we know it, can't survive, it's a million to one shot, if I could exaggerate it to that low of a statistic.

If you haven't Read this Members Thread.

It's a good thread, I thought especially, cause it summed up the jist of humanity.

If we look at humanity as a whole, in the race, we're destroying animals, and forcing them into extinction, because of a lack of concern.

Now I considered Putting up links, but all you have to do is google, Humans Cause Extinction, and bam, a plethora of evidence finds itself on your laptop/computer.

We can destroy the earth multiple times over, yet with all the money being funded, we can't manage to pay NASA to look for earth destroying asteroids.

Even throwing money at fictional markets, and unsustainable business', money still goes to the few and worthless, and not to the many and worthwhile.

$44,230,000 for six projects funding chapels: $17,500,000 by House Military Construction Appropriations Subcommittee Chairman Chet Edwards (D-Texas) and House Military Construction Appropriations Subcommittee member John Carter (R-Texas) for a chapel with an education center at Fort Hood; $11,600,000 by Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-N.C.) for a chapel at Fort Bragg; $6,800,000 by then-Rep. Terry Everett (R-Ala.) for a chapel center at Fort Rucker; $4,200,000 by Senate Military Construction Appropriations Subcommittee member Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) and then-Rep. Nancy Boyda (D-Kan.) for Phase Two of a chapel complex at Fort Leavenworth; $3,500,000 by Rep. Ike Skelton (D-Mo.) for a chapel complex at Fort Leonard Wood; and $630,000 by Senate appropriators Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), Sens. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), House appropriator Zach Wamp (R-Tenn.), and Reps. John Tanner (D-Tenn.) and Edward Whitfield (R-Ky.) for a chapel center in Fort Campbell.

www.cagw.org...

Now this is one of a few PB Spendings, but if a dollar a day can supposedly help a community of africans, where are the priorities.

The option for the world is simple, is your life worth more then your neighbors, and if pressed, who would you pick? Well if you picked yourself, it's extremely difficult to reproduce with one person, (Not enough chronic masturbation will make that work).

Life is here because of an 'empathy' factor, the factor in which we cared for the future generation, consciously or not, the human race, struggles with this, because most of our thoughts, have gleamed into consciousness (ask a tiger if it recognizes when it blinks).

Now as far as most are concerned, we're debting our youth, and besides that, we're debting the youths, youths!

My parents, (deceased or not) instilled to me, the lesson of, "When you enter a place, be sure to make it better, then when you got there".

Now back to the thread I pointed out earlier on, and through all this, we seem to of digressed somewhere, we're making this place worse as we pass along, and justify it, in ways i'm sure you have heard me preach about.

I'm 'for' a depopulation effort by TPTB, just because, so many can't coexist (racism, sexism) (Oh get off it black and women, you to pose racism to whites and women to males, it goes both ways, yes I called you out.) with each other, we have a ability, to segregate, and segregation is even justifiable, it can actually be okay, it's the fact that segregation isn't enough to the race, that attacks, blown up buildings, and burning christians in tires, just isn't enough. Even if you believe they'll suffer in hell for eternity, why not speed it up a bit mate.

I'll go to a story about a woman I met today, we spoke about the movie Idiocracy, I've been thinking about it lately though.

But that movie is a ****** stretch! If we made it to that point, we'd be pretty ok!

We won't, because the stupidity there, was ok, it's the killing raping and maiming for fun, is what the world will come to, and eventually they will all go forever.

Point of this thread, we can't survive with our neighbors, those across from us, and we can't seem to fund the ability to keep this neighborhood safe, none the less, keep the neighbors from killing each other.

I think, in a pretty sad way, that, we're a Damned Planet, of what Sagan spoke upon, i'm not sure what did us in, perhaps religion, perhaps human nature, perhaps our culture, but this race, the human race, and an even more frightful view, the Earth, won't make it too much further.

I'm just glad I guess, that I was able to be a part of a planet, that didn't make it.

Well we haven't failed yet, but we might as well be playing russian roulette, and unknowingly have the bullet in just the right place.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Accident post

Second line. Delete if you will.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I guess I can make a reply to the underprivileged.

To start off, you probably loathe me far, far more that I do ever would you.

If we would all off ourselves, the elites would have to work the fields in the hot sun. They sure as heck don't want us going anywhere in great numbers.

It is clear that a system that requires growth that outpaces the basic needs of the population in order to maintain itself is doomed. Making up busy-work development and trinkets to consume just so debt can be paid to make more debt is a seriously pathological state of affairs.

Considering the whole human population can physically fit in about 30 mile-per-side square or about one county like I live in, with reasonable average space per person (2x2 feet), a great disparity becomes evident regarding land space usage.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
I guess I can make a reply to the underprivileged.

To start off, you probably loathe me far, far more that I do ever would you.

If we would all off ourselves, the elites would have to work the fields in the hot sun. They sure as heck don't want us going anywhere in great numbers.

It is clear that a system that requires growth that outpaces the basic needs of the population in order to maintain itself is doomed. Making up busy-work development and trinkets to consume just so debt can be paid to make more debt is a seriously pathological state of affairs.

Considering the whole human population can physically fit in about 30 mile-per-side square or about one county like I live in, with reasonable average space per person (2x2 feet), a great disparity becomes evident regarding land space usage.

What???

I don't loathe you? Your not on my Foe List!

I think I get what you're saying though.

But what use is ten million people cotton picking 100 yards, what happens with the cotton runs out.

Sure there is space, there just isn't resources.

Even with plowing the fields, and milking the 'rogue' cows ( I say roque, cause it's not normal at all!)

We still face outer earth issues, that no one will seems to bothered by, the sheer fact, that we think we're ok because we've made it this far, is a delusion.

We made it this far by chance, the rest because of "our existence" now relays upon us responsibilty, I doubt we can deal with, the responsibility that requires us to act.

One part by chance, one part by design, and we got here by chance, and we better ****in design the rest!

It's late so I'm logging off, will respond more thoroughly tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
well i certianly agree with you mate.

everyone wants to live in a happy rainbow world of optimism so they ignore all the bad # untill its overflowing on their doorsteps, and closing your eyes and wish real hard wont change the facts.

the world needs to change and since the optimists all cling to "broken" ideals (you can't realy brake what never worked in the first place) it'll end up falling to thoughs willing to "sell their souls" to save the world.

in a world of light, everybody burns.

S&F

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Hehe. I have no foe list nor ignored users myself.

But, I was suggesting that the sort of system in place is responsible for the excess use of resources.

It may not be accurate to say we made it by chance. That might be jumping to conclusions. We may have made it this far simply because an unstable point had not been reached. Growing artificially within a confined space will continue without resistance until the walls are contacted and begin to push back, at which point the back force increases rapidly. The walls represent the sum of all factors. They aren't very elastic.

Continuously obliterating the naturual landscape for pointless development isn't going to fly. That also takes resources and the more maintence the style of development requires, the more resources are needed to maintain it. I suppose considering the space a human uses, all manner of space should be considered which is basically the land dedicated per person for lifestyle-supporting resouces.

I have wondered if one day ancient landfills will be mined for their materials. The idea hardly seems "out there".

What is "responsibility"? It doesn't to me mean going back and living as hunter-gatherers or back to an agrarian age. It also definitely doesn't mean satiating every whimsical desire with consumption. What does it mean? I sure do like technology. Somehow I don't think we have become Luddites.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I disagree. I think the destruction of earth is exaggerated, along with the violence of humanity. Humans are much less violent than even chimps, and I've been told for over 20 years that the Amazon will be destroyed any day now, yet they are still finding Lost Tribes there.

BUT, if WW3 starts & finishes, I think humanity will be split between VERY primitive tribes, and VERY sophisticated-technology winners of WW3. . . kind of like "Brave New World".

top topics

join