It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I read that it's possible to make home made gasmasks using some cloth and charcoal, but I have no idea how effective they are against diseases. Do they work at all?
I think the device could be better than plain gauze, though.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Tapir]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

I agree that from the point of view of its potential for harm, this event is highly important. I've not even been monitoring my own thread today...

As far as we can make out from reports that are still coming in, this is a bad situation and it's getting worse. People are dying and apparently many of them are young.

People, if you haven't flagged this thread yet then please do. Not so much for the OP (who I think right now couldn't care less about points or flags...he's trying to find medicine), but to make sure this gets attention!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Alright.

I gave a call to one contact of mine in very high place in Russia, he should know if there was something seriously wrong for sure.

He told me that yes he knows about this and that it seriously is just a scam because of the elections there. I'll take his word for it as for now, he really knows what he is talking about, but of course I'm going to follow up how the situation develops and what comes out of it. I really really hope it is just a scam.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Great Post!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Double post

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Bcs8484]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luppakorva
Alright.

I gave a call to one contact of mine in very high place in Russia, he should know if there was something seriously wrong for sure.

He told me that yes he knows about this and that it seriously is just a scam because of the elections there. I'll take his word for it as for now, he really knows what he is talking about, but of course I'm going to follow up how the situation develops and what comes out of it. I really really hope it is just a scam.

wish i could take the word of a beaurocratic russian but i cant

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Google translated ukrainian Google news
Good for an overview

On October 31 in Lviv Oblast ill ODS 69,176 people, including nearly 1500 people were hospitalized. 19 people died, 33 people in intensive care, 39 pregnant women are in the intensive care unit.

google translated from www.zaxid.net

70000 ill in Lviv?! Almost 10%, that´s huge!

[edit on 31-10-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We have here in Poland good information in media about what is happening in Ukraine but however we have common border on our side there were noticed fewer number of any type flu than average for autumn months. No one panics. No one even excited about this. This would solve without human intervention.

At the beginning when that alarm began there would be only one deaths because of swine flu. The rest was ordinary flu which is pretty normal in autumn. Its not more dangerous kind of flu. Just ordinary killer. Every year only in USA dies because of ordinary flu 36000 people. Every year and you have time to wary about other flu? hehe.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've been scanning for news...
anyone know if this site is credible?Lots of stuff to mull through if so.

translate.google.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapir

Masks are important not for yours protection, but for protection of others. Easiest way, how "the bug" can infest you is through your respiratory system - same way virus is spreading out. So if you caught, germs/virii go to air around you. Paper/textile mask should stop mass of germs/virii go around you. But this kind of mask is very weak protection from outside germs/virii cloud.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Yes I understand you guys don't want to, he's not that actually and is very realiable. But I'm not pushing it further, just wanted to share what I heard from him with you guys, that's it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It occurs to me that it could be that the PTB have relatively less influence in the Ukraine than in the west, and that is why there, in the Ukraine, the illnesses are being reported as they are -- as a few confirmed H1N1 cases but a lot more undiagnosed pneumonia like diseases.

In the west, we all know that everything gets lumped in now as being swine flu without any evidence to back it up. Even in reporting the situation in Ukraine they ignore the local reports and say its H1N1.

Whether the PTB in the west indeed have an agenda to sell more "jabs" is up to speculation. The difference between how this illness is being reported is glaring.

Personally I believe that this variation, if that is what it is, is not limited to Ukraine but is probably everywhere. It is just that the Ukrainians are looking at it more honestly without the corporation provided coloured glasses.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Luppakorva

If this high Russian official really knows it's just a scam I wish he'd make that public. It would save a lot of grief.

However I have to admit I am dubious when Russian officials say such-and-such a thing is not true. We've had experience with them in the past on that score.

Meanwhile, it's just been on Czech TV news (state media) here in Prague that the Slovaks have closed their border with the Ukraine.

The Slovaks apparently consider this is a serious matter.

Put it this way: if this whole thing is a sham, can you imagine what will happen to Ukraine's current leadership?

Mike

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

no offense intended, its just that when it comes to russian-ukrainan relations... when one talks about the other, i just cant trust it. theres bias involved, hatred even...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There’s a video now on MSNBC mentioning Ukraine but not much information
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Swine flu puts Mexico, Ukraine on alert

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This situation looks a lot like Mexico did after the small villages had been infected for 30 days and the first Mexico City cases were coming up.

Same 3 variations - rapid death w/ "melting lungs" form the extreme cytokine storm reaction, longer lasting illness resulting in secondary pneumonia and "normal" flu.

I tried to warn people to get the pneumonia vaccine........

We've had several countries where the virus has hit much harder than in others - Mexico, Argentina, Ukraine and others.

There is a contingency plan for using a system called "Aeroclave" which calls for spraying an antiviral into the atmosphere. It's on the books in places like the UK so I wouldn't be shocked to see it being used if things have gotten bad enough, (and in the Ukraine they certainly have).

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
cleron | 31.10.2009, 21:44
korrespondent.net... (comment)

'' Last night, something flew over Kiev.In the morning windows were covered with some green stuff.smells like-chicken #.people saying there was something being sprayd on the streets''

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Meanwhile, it's just been on Czech TV news (state media) here in Prague that the Slovaks have closed their border with the Ukraine.

The Slovaks apparently consider this is a serious matter.

If the Slovaks and Russians close the border, it can´t be H1N1, since H1N1 is already in those countries, right?
At least that´s what i think.

edit:

'' Last night, something flew over Kiev.In the morning windows were covered with some green stuff.smells like-chicken #.people saying there was something being sprayd on the streets''

WTF?!

[edit on 31-10-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
American MSM finally talkin:

www.nytimes.com...

they are suggesting the whole thing is politically motivated... wtf. thats political insanity and suicide if so...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

There is yes, but this thing is global and by no means it would be affected, especially at that level. But anyways, that's about it
. And am sure no harm intended
Let's just hope he's right

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join