It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: 22 Killed, 60 Wounded in Israeli Helicopter Attack in Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

why cant the UN just get off thier asses and stop focusing on paper work and stop the killing by BOTH sides ?
why cant they just come in and lay a demiliterised zone?
they have the means,the manpower and the reason but why not?

Because all their manpower comes from donor contries, and no one really wants their troops to be the ones trying to keep the peace. It's too dangerous and volitile, they might have to fight the Israeli army first too. Without support from the international community for this it won't happen.

I think both situations are cases of overreaction on the part of the U.S./Israel. If there are terrorists in the crowd use snipers, not automatic weapons, tanks and attack helicopters. Make positive I.D.s of targets and their intentions before fireing, 4 Canadian soldiers were lost in Afganistan in a similar fasion. Yes one could state that if you're under fire then you want to react immediatly, however this is an attack helicopter and if it's worth the fuel it's burning it will be armoured enough to take small arms fire.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Dude it does happen in rural america, seen it many times myself, never had the cops show up either (although one wedding in TN did have the local sheriff there, he was firing a shotgun).

I hope you get the chance to travel to the middle east sometime, I enjoyed my trip there and visited Israel and Gaza (before this latest intafada). Great cultures, great people, just in a really bad place right now.

But it would help you to maybe have less of a black/white vision of the world. There is usually two sides to every issue, you seem to focus on only one, yours.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the main problem is that people from islamarab origine think that law,regulations and rules are for all other people on the world EXCEPT for them !

if you stay out of the law and if you provocate than
you have to expect counteractions against your
terrorist behaviour.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Oh yeah the outrage. The outrage that was where when some palestinians thought it prudent to murder a pregnant woman and her four daughters AND THEN to shoot people attending their funeral. That story was all but ignored by the world's media and "human rights groups".

I disagree with the attack discussed in Gaza today as well. But once again the entire thing gets overshadowed by collective stupidity and a lack of fairness in reporting. By the way is it possible to have one currecnt events thread re: israel/palestinians that does not mention the USS Liberty and the misleading bull# that comes along with it.

I posted in another thread about TEN investigations into that tragedy. We are talking about current events here and posting that # has no place here. Either talk about the topic or don't post. Just because you think something from 30 years ago that you don't know anything about will help your anti-israel point doesn't mean the rest of us have to be subjected to it in every thread. Why not shut up. Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
According to Iraeli reports seven are dead, of the seven five were armed. Of course more time will be needed to sort out the truth but there is a tendency for western media to overplay Israeli actions when compared to Palastinian actions. Well heres the Israeli view of what happened,
Israel National News

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Phoenix, statistics of how many were armed are consistently ignored by most media sources. Groups such as "Amnesty International" have been successful at completely blurring the lines between the maniacal suicide bombers and other Palestinian citizens. Because of that the, amount of violent militants killed in these strikes are simply including using a general term of "Palestinians". I think it's insulting to the regular Palestinian people that the militants aren't distinguished from innocent victims. Just more examples of inaccurate, irresponsible reporting.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amur_Tiger
Because all their manpower comes from donor contries, and no one really wants their troops to be the ones trying to keep the peace. It's too dangerous and volitile, they might have to fight the Israeli army first too. Without support from the international community for this it won't happen.

ahh wtf is the point ! the UN is useless as i see it a great plan but they never enforce anything
donor nations should know what they are getting into they should be as prepared to fight and serve the UN as they are to serve thier own country!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
... when Israel forces fired on a crowd in Rafah in southern Gaza. Thousands of people were demonstrating against a massive operation in the refugee camp in the town. Reports say Isrealis opened fire on thousands of

I think this is a prime example of bias in BBC reporting. This makes it sound as though Israel just opened up and started firing on the crowd. I highly doubt that. Israel is noted for precision strikes on specific targets - not like a suicide bomber at a bus stop or a nightclub.

yeah there also known for taking a bulldozer and running over a women named rachel corrie as she wore blaze orange and stood in plain sight of the driver as he bulldozed her to the ground .....keep defending murderers and its possible you may be written from the book of life .....

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Transc3ndent
"slaughter"? That's one of the most stupid comments I've heard today. I live in Israel, and here we teach our children that peace is our ultimate goal in life, just for you to know: the palestinians teach their children that the ultimate goal in life is killing as many Israeli citizens as possible. This is a fact.

You see a palestinian boy who was accidently killed by IDF soldiers and you think we are murderers, while you don't know that the parents of this boy probably think that sending him to suicide and killing dozens of Israelis is the most noble thing

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Transc3ndent]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Transc3ndent]

and do you know why that is...?
because you dont belong there ....its not your land....are you genetically descended from one of the 12 tribes of israel......?
why doesnt the whole Rothshcild clan come live in your lovely country ....they created it with there agent balfour ...for what reason..?
you know why they wont come there and live in the country they created....????Because there not stupid and dont want to die.....there using u as cannon fodder to promote there demented plans to rule the world...

what do you expect the palestinians to do when you set up your country in the middle of tribes of arabs..??? and then terrorize them, grab there land...kill them.

you set up a country and declare....."well its been 2000 thousand years and now were back" and you dont expect theese people to be pissed off.....do your self and your family a favor .....get out......it never was your country and never will be and when the saviour arrives your going to find this out if your not already gone....why would you want to subject yourself and your family to living in a country as dangerous as israel ,when there are many nice places to bring up your family.......

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
why cant the UN just get off thier asses and stop focusing on paper work and stop the killing by BOTH sides ?
why cant they just come in and lay a demiliterised zone?
they have the means,the manpower and the reason but why not?

because the u.n is controlled by the global elitists and there pet monkey is the u.n............thats why....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
israel did right !
it should be stupied not to shoot the ones who are pointing their guns on you !
in a matter of life or death it is just the one who shoots FIRST and eliminate the other one that will survive !

besides the impact of rubber bullets against hardcore
point 50's...too long the israelis have used the "soft approach" against stupied people who do not want to learn that you can not blow people up or shoot them from an ambush !

Does anyone besides me think this has got to rank up there with one of the most stupid statements on ATS.....
some one send him a link to ashtar command and maybe hell sign up.......obviously a fifth grader or some inbred from the back woods with a pointed head and a hair lip.....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
this peace will never be resolved through viloence
theres an old quote i know and i belive it has relevence here "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." do you know who said this? JFK he knew what would happen if war was allowed to spread and grow but his dreams died with him

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by winker
He who protects The Jewish Nation neither sleeps or slumbers; and his aim is "DEAD ON". Arafat is living on borrowed time and Jehovah God is not amused!

This is not new or news for that matter it is holy justice for poking a finger in the eye of Jehovah God for treating the anointed in a disgraceful way. Genesis 12:2 must not be mis-understood or ignorantly ignored. there are consequences for doing these atrocious acts.

Genesis 15:18 also specifically outlines the Promised Land and the Jewish Nation is the inheritor of it no matter how much of it they negotiate away for a liberal peace plan that is doomed to fail.

Jehovah god intends for this parcel of real estate to remain in Jewish Hands and never in a million billion years will a filthy arab imposter nation ever get a single digit of it. The U.S. State Department and its anti-Jewish policies make it the enemy of the Jewish State. Sharon should stand up and throw the idiotic pacifist detractors back on their butts and tell them we'll do just fine thank you and clean up your own messes and we will take care of our "PISS ANT" problem ourselves. And yes! by the way The jewish Nation is a Superpower; if you mess with them you are your own worse enemy!

omg .....now weve got a lunatic pulpit pounding venom spewing hate filled religous nut standing up for the nice jewish government.....the palestinians are not imoposters....it was there land ....Do you know who created Israel.????.....the only reason Israel is a super power is because of the united states ....we could literally squash them flat if we wanted to .....there nothing without our support....but thats not it....the global elitists are the ones in charge of both....as you will soon find out...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

-if you point a riffle to soldiers...
-if you trow firebombs or stones to soldiers...
-if you do not obey the orders given by the soldiers...
there is only one way to have you corrected.
you will be shot!

yeah...obey the soldiers....right ,,,,,did you know the palestinians cant even leave the country if they wanted too.....?
did you know they have no say in the policys of the country at all...
did you know they have no basic human rights at all ....?none at all....something you cant fathom ...because youve never had anything but lots of rights..!
They dont want the palestinians to leave because there would be no war to continue.....did you know the israelis dont even belong in the west bank???
did you know they set up settlements right in the midst of palestinians towns??? and bulldoze palestinian homes to build there own ......this is a classic sign of conditioning and brainwashing people ,,,,,this poster is of the most dangerous sort of human and is either a zionist who isnt a jew ...is some 15 year old kid whos clueless or is simply a brain washed robot....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

if you want to have a legal protestmarch than you ask for permission !
if you get a YES you have to follow the rules whereunder the march is granted.

if you got a NO ...the protestmarch is illegal and if you still execute the protestmarch you have to take in account that soldiers/police will act against you with deadly force !

don't blame the israelis !
blame the idiots who make illegal protestmarches.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

now we have proof by this statement we are dealing with a ten or twelve year old ....by the clueless remarks that are made....may be we should in the united states ask for permission to have protest marches and if we dont ask first ....then the government can peel off some rockets at us....sounds like a good idea.....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
just wonderin does it really matter whos right or wrong in this cause frankly both sides have lost nethier will win

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
orignially quoted by djarums...
I posted in another thread about TEN investigations into that tragedy. We are talking about current events here and posting that # has no place here. Either talk about the topic or don't post. Just because you think something from 30 years ago that you don't know anything about will help your anti-israel point doesn't mean the rest of us have to be subjected to it in every thread. Why not shut up. Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------
alright here comes the sarcasm.....yeah why dont you just shut up only what im saying is relevant ....dont post stuff about all the screwed up stuff that israel does cause that would make them look bad.........

my take on this is you are a supporter of violence against anyone who is not a zionist.....making you a racist of the worst sorts....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
All of this conflict over a tiny strip of land.. Someone told me that in just a couple hours you can walk from the palistinian area across Israel to the sea.

Yet this conflict speaks for the gobal population.. it is more than Palistinian vs. Israeli now.

Because there is more at stake there than just land.. it is humanity.. It is a clash of faiths, it is the war of wars and it is drawing all of the world into it.

I believe that radical Islam had it's genesis in the conflict in Israel, It was a begining of terrorism.. Terrorism used against a powerful military force.. effective in many ways.. because this terrorism has changed things in the region.. and now it wishies to change the world.

Like what I say here or not.. the war on terrorism will be won or lost in Israel.

And it will in many ways at some point touch each and every human on this planet.

Israel.. the begining of the end.. but what will that end be?

Gazz

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
gazz i dont think this will spark into a ww3 or effect every 1 on the planet this will ethier be resolved or be forgotten or added to the list of reason to go to war by both sides
but i do belive ur right about 1 thing gazz this is the begining of the end how it will end is up to us

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
gazz i dont think this will spark into a ww3 or effect every 1 on the planet this will ethier be resolved or be forgotten or added to the list of reason to go to war by both sides
but i do belive ur right about 1 thing gazz this is the begining of the end how it will end is up to us

we are living in revelations......in revelations, Israel becomes a nation again and that was in 1947....we are living in revelations right now......the events that are soon to happen are going to make 9/11 look like a date with little mary sunshine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join