It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death - If you had to choose.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If you had to die, for whatever reason, how would you choose to go out? And, more importantly, how would you feel in the last moments of your life?

I'd opt for nuclear obliteration, why? Well.... It's fast. Also, I'd like to be a fair distance from the bomb, so I could see my own destruction coming(sadistic, right?). Not because I'd enjoy it, just because I know it'd be quick, and painless, and in the last moments of my life, knowing that there is no escape, I'd make sure I'd smile and accept life for what it is before I was physically removed from this Earth.

I'm not necessarily afraid to die, as long as it's quick and painless. How does everyone else feel about this?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'd prefer something similar too.

For some reason I'd want to know I was dieing or going to die rather than just -poof- and I'm gone like in some sort of car wreck or something where I never see it coming.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

Exactly, I being agnostic I believe I'd like to see my last moments face to face with death, because I'm not necessarily afraid, and I know that once my physical body is gone, I'm going to experience something beautiful far beyond our wildest imaginations.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would prefer to be destroyed why destroying my enemies in a very very very large cosmic explosion. lol

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why be afraid of something we're not sure of?

It's the brain that would cause the panic. The soul will move on.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
DO not know, just know i do not care about dying, it is a sick world we live in, and fair enough if they do not want peaceful people like me in it.

Let the world have its scum.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
if people go so low as to assume how they would die, then it is my opinion that they are obsessed with death, killing, blood, etc.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think I would prefer to be beside a huge nuclear bomb when it blows up.... instantaneous vaporization. Sounds wonderful

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

This is a philosophical question, not a question proposed on the mechanics of death, and destruction, as you've so stated.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

Do you even know what psychology is
How does thinking of your death make you be obsessed with killings? It has to do with a lot of different things. One could be the fascination of the unknown. It has nothing to do with guts or gore. Some people might even find a sign of relief from thinking how they will die. So when the time comes they can breathe a sigh of relief. It could do with killings and gore, but to the majority, I highly doubt that you are right.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I would choose to just lie down and die. No violence. No sickness. No injuries. No pain. Just a time when I calmly die and move on. No, not even just die in my sleep. Just die. Preferably my most loved ones could experience this with me. No, not them die. But they could be with me and I could tell them just how it all is, just like I have seen in my dreams. Just like I have experienced three times in my life, but was rudely brought back from the brink. I really want to be able to die while these loved ones are with me so I can show them how to die with dignity, and to give them guidance for whenever they face that beautiful bright and calming light and can learn from me not to be afraid of it, but to embrace it.

About me. I believe we all live forever. That is, our soul or spirit, whatever lable one wants to put on it, lives forever. I don't have an adequate word to use for this constant state of just being. I like to just use soul or spirit. I also believe that we "live" over and over again in different physical bodies. And not just human bodies on this earth. And I also believe all of us also exist at in between times in non-physical forms.

I could go on and on about all this. But........just let it be known that kyred chooses the best way to die for him is just dying and being "reborn". Preferably dying nonviolently and without physical pain.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I want to die fighting for what I believe in, and I want my last words to be something that will make my enemy really mad. I want it to be something that would make them mad because I would be dead before they can reply with a come back.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would want a bullet in the back of the head. I dont want to know what hit me. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I want to go like MJ just went peacefully in my sleep.
If it takes deprovan thats fine too!

That's a great death if you ask me, which you did.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I enjoy all the responses here, and to the person who want's to die fighting for his dream, I respect your position but I believe fighting solves nothing, and never will, honestly we'd need revolutionaries if a horrible situation occurred, but I'd rather be by my family.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, there's lots of variables in the death scenario and I'm not too sure what I'd think, but ideally if I can go in a way of my choosing...

I'll be like all "Hell F... Yeah!" and grow demon wings out my back, kinda like the two dudes from Dogma, but demonic and stuff and I'll have like a killer guitar, probably a BC Rich Warlock, in black and it'll look super bad.

I'll touch down at the next U.N. meeting and play the entirety of "Reign In Blood" by Slayer and I won't need amplifiers and I'll be doing vocals too and the drums will play and stuff, but it'll be me doing it - it'll just come out the end of the guitar like magics and as I point the headstock of the guitar at a different politician, then their head will explode like in Scanners. Security guards will come, but they will be too freaked out by my Demon/Slayer/Guitar awesomeness to do anything, then Soldiers will come and they'll also be too freaked out to do anything.

When all the politicians are dead, I will then play the entirety of the 1st 4 Black Sabbath albums and the soldiers and guards will lay down their weapons and go get some beers, I will then play "Wish you were here" and "Shine on you Crazy Diamond" by Floyd whilst telling everyone that it's all cool - no one innocent died and they'll agree and be happy.

I will then fly to each capital city on the face of the earth killing all the evil politicians... with similar effects.

This may take days or months, but it will be cool - and I'll only be doing it because my new super powers have given me some terrible cancer and ultimately I will die, but as a hero.

I then take a bit of time out to go and kill Glen Beck for allegedly raping and killing a 19 year old girl and various religious leaders and other parasites.

Then when I feel my cancer is just about to take me - I set controls for the heart of the sun and I fly from the earth to the sun whilst playing "Freebird" by Skynyrd where I die in a fiery death.

[edit on 28/10/0909 by jokei]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
I enjoy all the responses here, and to the person who want's to die fighting for his dream, I respect your position but I believe fighting solves nothing, and never will, honestly we'd need revolutionaries if a horrible situation occurred, but I'd rather be by my family.
Fighting is not always violent. Fighting for I believe in like protesting, etc. Maybe standing up for what I believe in is a better term. I didn't mean violence if that's what you are thinking.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By FAR the most creative, and weird scenario yet. You sir, get a star.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Dieing quietly in my own bed knowing the end is near and thinking back on the full life that I have lived, all the things I have done, remembering only the one or two regrets that I have then slipping away quietly.

That is of course my ultimate goal. I somehow doubt I will die but you arent asking how I think I will die it is how I would choose to die. Any other way seems weird to me. Except the going down fighting one. That is the second most appealing way to die. A final showdown between somebody wishing to do unspeakable evil or something, but only if I had nothing left to live for of course. Dieing while shouting some crazy last words that would leave them fuming and wishing they handn't just killed me so they could beat me up more.

Why would you choose to die in a nuclear blast? That doesnt sound exciting at all. Quick and painless doesnt come to mind when I think of being at a distance to see it coming. You would probably be blinded at first then you would be hit by a massive amount of radiation before finally being instantly burned to a crisp.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Hope I wasn't taking the scenario too lightly, I try to make all of my posts serious and sensible, but just this one time...

Thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join