It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might be a child killer if...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

People who have suddenly left the area, missed work, suffered unexplained injuries or changed their appearance — by shaving or growing head or facial hair, for example — should arouse suspicion, Beseler said. He also encouraged people in the community to identify anyone who has abruptly hidden or sold a car, acted increasingly nervous or irritable, shown unusual interest in the case or altered his or her alcohol consumption or sleep patterns.

This is pretty strange if you ask me.
If youre depressed, decide to sell a vehicle, grow/shave a beard or even having other issues, then a family member or friend may turn you in and you could become a suspect in the murder of a child.

At least, according to police in Florida.

WTF is this?

Wont this just add to their work load and clog up the case?
Were living in a depressed economy, with a high un-employement rate, there are more stressed out people now, than there have been in years and these "unusual" behaviors can be symptoms of stress or depression, not because youve killed a child.

This takes surveillance of your neighbors/family members, to a completely different level
Some people on here ask, when will the madness end... I say, its just begun

Story

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I understand the need to ask for help in such extreme cases, but their checklist is about useless.

Unexplained injuries or absences does make sense though.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Police in Florida urged the public Wednesday to be suspicious of changes in behavior and appearance among the people they know — because one of them could be 7-year-old Somer Thompson's killer.

Somer's body was found buried under a mound of garbage in a Georgia landfill on Oct. 21, two days after she disappeared as she was walking home from school in Orange Park, Fla. The little girl was buried on Tuesday.

Your thread is misleading. There is nobody here that is saying watch your neighboors cause they might be serial killers or child killers, the police are simply asking citizens to be vigilant so that they can catch this basterd who took a little girl's life.

This isn't about surveillance or police stepping into a realm they are not suppose to, they are simply doing their job and any lead is a good lead.

"We have reason to believe there are individuals in the community who have information pertinent to this case who have not come forward ... people who may know or associate with the offender," the sheriff said.

This is why, cause they have a suspicion that people in the community have something to do with it.

If you child had been brutally murdered and dumped, you'd feel the same way and would want EVERY lead investigated.

~Keeper

[edit on 10/28/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yes please fail to see any good that could come of this and allow retarded alternative news sites that feed on sensationalized headlines lead you right of a *snip*cliff.

If you are so close to looking like a child mosleter that your are afraid this new public announcement helping reduce crimes agianst children will frame you, then you need a new car and a change of looks...

LOL

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's obvious this is not about that child at all, this is about getting people to spy on and report each other. It's about the herd managing the herd.

HE GREW A GOATEE........OMGZ!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I disagree, it isnt misleading, it quotes the exactly what the police are asking people in this community to "watch" for.
People who have called in sick to work, at the same time that we are supposed to have an H1N1 pandemic, people that sell their vehicle, at the same time were in a fairly significant recession and people that are stressed out.
Even the title of the story says it all..

You May Know Killer of Florida Girl Found in Landfill

The title itself, sets it up.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They done this too me, i changed my appearance when i left school, as i would rather not want attention from females, and they made up all this about me. Like i said many times i have been monitored since school.

But man you never do anything and people target you just for them making it all up.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's obvious this is not about that child at all, this is about getting people to spy on and report each other. It's about the herd managing the herd.

Peace

EXACTLY!!! thank you very much Dr of love

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I disagree, it isnt misleading, it quotes the exactly what the police are asking people in this community to "watch" for.
People who have called in sick to work, at the same time that we are supposed to have an H1N1 pandemic, people that sell their vehicle, at the same time were in a fairly significant recession and people that are stressed out.

I can certainly see where you are coming from with this, dont' get me wrong I think it's a little over the top, but I have kids and as a parent if my kids were missing/murdered and dumped I would want the same kind of scrutiny placed on those around until the offender was found.

Perhaps my opinion is biased being a parent and all, it's just the way I see it.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I agree with the OP, this is bogus and nothing more then Big Brother wanting to know what you are doing, However sometimes the police can be right. You do know your neighbors best, or atleast you should, for the most part My neighbors and I communicate real easy, and sometimes I know when ther is something wrong with them, by there demeanor. Does this mean I should run to the police department because they happed to be nervous on the day a kid disapeared?? Hell no.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace

Too right, any appearence change in anybody will probably be noted by someone you know, and they may be government snitches, or what ever. The thing that gets me, is if they find the person has done nothing, just leave them alone.

What is it with people, and wanting to destroy others lifes?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I can certainly see where you are coming from with this, dont' get me wrong I think it's a little over the top, but I have kids and as a parent if my kids were missing/murdered and dumped I would want the same kind of scrutiny placed on those around until the offender was found.

Perhaps my opinion is biased being a parent and all, it's just the way I see it.

~Keeper

Hey man, i can relate, I have kids as well. I have a 16 year old boy, who i dont worry about as much anymore and a 12 year old girl, who I worry about CONSTANTLY, especially since she lives with her mom, over 300 miles away.

God forbid if something happened to her then I would want the cops to do everything possible.
However, to me, it seems that this technique will flood their investigators with useless tips (that still have to be checked out) and could further hinder the investigation.

Its too late for that poor little girl, but i hope to God that they catch the sick bastard that did this to her.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I see you've recently changed your appearance. Could we please get confirmation from a family member or one of your peers that you're not growing a beard under that mask?

We're trying to do an investigation here and it has come to our attention that you may deliberately be trying to impede our progress. Your disagreement with our assessment of the publics need to be more vigilant, as well as the obvious and blatant attempt to use Halloween as reasoning to justify your disguise has raised several red flags.

For your own safety, so that we may rule out your questionable involvement in this, and other cases, we're going to need a DNA sample, fingerprints, your current vehicle registration, an alibi, and ask that you willfully submit to a lie detector test.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

See now.. people just DONT see this coming.

Look at the UK NOW and you will see US in the very, very near future.

And if some of you dont know what im talking about, then youre at the wrong URL.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I think the american government already knows everything americans are doing. This is the reason why there are never any attacks in america, and 911 was let happen.

I think they know all about you people already, but uk is a nightmare. Say one wrong word to wrong person,a nd your life is wrecked forever.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Your thread is misleading. There is nobody here that is saying watch your neighboors cause they might be serial killers or child killers, the police are simply asking citizens to be vigilant so that they can catch this basterd who took a little girl's life.

I completely agree here with this. Heck now, I haven't seen the real hair color on my head for a few decades or so. I just died it back to the darker blond color I am naturally, from a really light blond. Let me tell you, the change must have been drastic for other people, because I had a few people ask me if I was hiding from the law or something. It's still blond, not just as light. I didn't die it black! My husband wants me to let it grow, and I told him I had to die it darker then, to avoid the stripe! Sheeeeshhh, I mean people actually questioned me about it! I have never had a ticket, but I suspect the police might question me as well, as to why my hair color doesn't match my photo if I ever get pulled over!

Does this make me a child killer? Nope, just somebody trying to grow their hair out longer.

Ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Were living in a depressed economy, with a high un-employement rate, there are more stressed out people now, than there have been in years and these "unusual" behaviors can be symptoms of stress or depression, not because youve killed a child.

This takes surveillance of your neighbors/family members, to a completely different level
Some people on here ask, when will the madness end... I say, its just begun

So I guess the child that was murdered isn't really that interesting then. Much more important to protect everyones right to "privacy" than to catch some devil who kills kids...

Who cares about the police doing their job and following the ABC of criminal profiling... Who cares if that child murderer perhaps does it again, right? Who cares about a dead child (or more) as long as nobody tortures me by asking why I suddenly went out of town for a couple of weeks...

OK. Carry on...

top topics

join