It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gosh darn americans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Ok - who changed the thread title ?
It sounds like an episode of 'Little House on the prairie !'

Don't tell, but I saw a piccy of KayEm when she was about 10 and she was the spitting image of Laura Ingalls

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
I happen to know an awful LOT of people, including myself who work pretty damn hard and I don't see any of US getting what we deserve. That "hard work will set you free" is a load of BS.

I don;t think so. My personal motto (sort of) is that if I work hard and have a good additude, that the rest will follow. Life is not always fair, but it's not always money that you get, sometimes it's just pride in a job well done.

Sometimes that is more important. BTW, I don't think almost anyone gets what they should.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
KJ,

Don't get me wrong, please. I agree with you for the most part. I personally do every job/task to the best of my ability because it makes me feel good about me. I was speaking of what I pretty much see when I look out there.

And that is, people working their asses off while the Bosses/Owners sit back and don't do a flipping THING to earn the wealth that they rake in everyday.

Case in Point:

I opened at the place I work a couple months ago for the first time. I thought I did a PERFECT job I was so proud of myself. But as we all know, the corporation won't waste a second bursting PRIDES bubble.

I was called at home the next day by my manager and told that I processed a credit transaction from the day before where the people working had charged too much to a customers credit account.

I had NO idea at the time that I had even done anything wrong. Really, I considered that I was doing my best.

Anyhoo..to make a long story short, my manager told me that since I 'screwed' up, the hallowed Owner now had to come in and call this credit card company to straighten out this mistake.

I was like "Good !!!!! let her earn some of this fortune she just sits back and rakes in on a daily basis" although I didn't SAY that.

Hey...don't get me wrong here. I'm all for making a fortune, as long as you EARN it.

By the way, the same sentiment extends to greedy landlords who just sit back and rake in absurdly high rents and not doing a THING to earn them.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I work to make me feel good. If it helps the corporation too, thats a side effect. I always try to do my best but if I'm treated like $hit, you can guarantee I'll come out fighting.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join