It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Do we Listen to the Mayan Elders or Hollywood re: 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As many of you know, coming in November, a Hollywood apocalyptic film version of 2012 is coming out, which as been described by some as “an assault on mass consciousness.” I recently read that the director of this film also directed “Independence Day.” The makers of these films have a website called "The Institute for Human Continuity" (that was a piece of work) which offers a lottery for people to live in underground facilities in (the anticipated) event of the “end of the world” scenario.

Well now, need I really say more?

Moving on, I am NOT promoting the following information for any other reason than for people to see a different perspective on 2012, based on the thoughts and knowledge of authentic Mayan elders and not Hollywood fear mongers and money makers. I have absolutely no type of affiliation with this film or organization. I just want the truth to be spread.

In any event, check out Shift of the Ages - according to authentic Mayan elders to check out trailers from this upcoming movie.

[edited title to add 2012]

[edit on 27-10-2009 by lel1111]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Mayans have never insisted the world was going to end in 2012.

The Mayans and others, have also insisted that their calendar does not "end", a new cycle will begin.

I don't look at the new 2012 movie being fact anymore than The Never Ending Story, or The Spongebob Movie. I'd probably watch it, because I like disaster flicks and while I might say "I sure hope something like that doesn't happen", I won't reserve the idea that it will.

I'd probably also watch Shift of Ages, just to see what it was about. Since I'm interested in the whole idea.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
The Mayans have never insisted the world was going to end in 2012.

The Mayans and others, have also insisted that their calendar does not "end", a new cycle will begin.

I don't look at the new 2012 movie being fact anymore than The Never Ending Story, or The Spongebob Movie. I'd probably watch it, because I like disaster flicks and while I might say "I sure hope something like that doesn't happen", I won't reserve the idea that it will.

I'd probably also watch Shift of Ages, just to see what it was about. Since I'm interested in the whole idea.

Exactly. Various forms of media have taken the ball and run with it; and many people, who perhaps don't research much, are running along side them.

And yes, I like disaster films for some reason and I am curious about the 2012 movie. If I go see it, I will wear some sort of metal headgear so that the movie doesn't possibly influence me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
excuse me!!

the spongebob movie is a chilling prophecy of a time when a devolved species of hominid needs to live under the ocean because of global warming and 2012!!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Actually the mayans do predict natural disasters but probably not as dramatic as the 2012 movie. They say that when a new cycle begins (which they link to human consciousness/spirituality) there is a struggle between the two (old and new cycle) for control which can take many different forms. Its the age old death and rebirth just on a global scale. There are a lot of prophecies that they have not released yet that many speculate have to do with this side of the prophecy. Basically, its not all doom and gloom but that is a part of it. I mean I think its obvious, most humans dont change unless they are forced to.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by acmpnsfal]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

I'd rather listen to the Mayan Elders than Hollywood for sure. Hollywood loves to over exaggerate to make money and that is it. Look at any movie that is based on a true story, they make it more interesting by adding their own spin...Ex Amityville Horror, it didnt happen that way at all, major over exaggeration going on there....I will see the movie because I too like diaster movies
It will be a good way to freak myself out for a night too...but I highly doubt it will influence my thinking on 2012.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In addition to Mayan Elders and Hollywood, perhaps sound reasoning and science should be something to consider listening too. I know that's my pick.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

I am going to see this movie in the theaters. When I saw the trailer when I was going to watch final destination I almost crapped myself xD The special effects are really nice

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I will go an watch the movie, but I would have chosen to accept the Mayans prediction that the earth will go through a trnsitional period, not a catastrophic event such as which is being potrayed by Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My 2 cents on Hollywood and Roland Emmerich's 2012

The end of the world spin is something that the negative forces guiding our planet put on 2012. Human consciousness has the power to change the world on a large scale (see the link in my sig). If they can get mass amounts of people to believe that something bad is going to happen through a possibly blockbuster Hollywood film then that means millions of people are all going to be focused on 2012 being something negative.

Celtic druids in ancient Europe used 'magic' wands to conduct or orchestrate order. Druids were the lawyers, priests etc. These wands always used wood from holly trees. Hollywood.

I personally will not go to see this movie as I do not wish to pollute global consciousness with negative emotions focused on a specific date in history.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by antithesis.]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by lel1111

Ex Amityville Horror, it didnt happen that way at all, major over exaggeration going on there

If you are talking about the original movie then it was a pretty accurate telling of the book.

If you are referring to the horrible remake with Ryan Reynolds then you are correct. George Lutz even sued the makers of the film before he died.

On Topic.

Its Hollywood.

It wouldn't be much of a movie if they didn't embellish 2012 to be something completely fiction. Besides if they didn't embellish it then it would look like a History channle documentary and who would shell out 12 bucks for that?

Remember movies are for entertainment purposes only.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
First off, Hollywood does not even understand what 2012 is all about. It is about spiritual change and growth, not about Earth disasters. It is about the change in human DNA, a reprogramming so to speak. A reprogramming that we are at this very time going through.

Will there be Earth changes? Yes, as the Earth itself is a living being, it to will grow and change. By the time the Earth changes do climax, much of the human race will have moved on to a higher plane, but not all humans will. Dec, 21 2012 is the shift point for the human race. It is at that point when humanity will move from this plane to the next. Those who will/do not shift to the next plane, are the ones who will be here to see the Earth shift.

What and why is there a shift coming for humanity? We as a race have went through these changes many times since the beginning. As an example, look at Neanderthal man. To this day, it has eluded man kind as to why they died off. Well, they didn`t just die off, they themselves went through a DNA shift, just as the Earth did, and just as we will at this time.

The major Earth changes will occur after the 2012 date, much closer to 2015 and after. The Earth itself, just as humanity, will move to a higher plane of being.

This is what Hollywood is over looking. And yes, the powers that be do run Hollywood. It is they who contribute to the spiritual stagnation that we are going through at this time. Their love of money growth over the spiritual growth, is what keeps the human race at a standstill. We have been manipulated as a race into placing all of our thoughts into growing not only our bank accounts, but mainly the bank accounts of the powers that be. It`s a spend spend spend world that they have created and they want. and this my friends takes away from our spiritual growth. Well, I hate to break it to them, but, it`s over for them. We WILL grow, whether they like it or not. They can not, and will not change that. They have tipped the balance to the negative side, and this will be corrected with the coming shift in awarness.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antithesis.

Celtic druids in ancient Europe used 'magic' wands to conduct or orchestrate order. Druids were the lawyers, priests etc. These wands always used wood from holly trees. Hollywood.

Interesting.. I always learn something new here

I personally will not go to see this movie as I do not wish to pollute global consciousness with negative emotions focused on a specific date in history.

Don't let this be a reason not to see the movie. We are all (especially ATSers) already exposed to countless theories, from the complete destruction of earth and end of humanity, to transformation or assention of humanity to a new and higher form of existence.

I was excited for this movie when I saw the first trailer a year ago in the theater, then recently I saw the John Cusack trailer and I got a totally new feeling of "ahhh craaap". Checking around the reviews and synopsis' haven't done anything to brighten my spirits as this movie looks to be little more than standard hollywood fare that is very loosley based on current popular culture, and I feel will more likely be presented as such an outragous take on appocalypse that the true purpose is in fact disinformation as you suggest, but I believe also that it will serve to discredit 2012 investigators as wackos and crackpots, such is the norm for a great many hollywood vehicles that many millions will absorb without understanding the manipulation that is happening.

If we are ever to assend to a higher vibration/awarness/consiousness, etc.. wether naturally or due to the events of 2012 (which do coincide with earths own vibration increasing) and if there is to be a struggle against the change, I would bet that these type of negative disaster movies are exactly what elite would use to keep us as a collective, in their low frequency "fear based" society, as well as other scare monger tactics, many of which we only have to put on the news to see.

To answer the OP I will probably see this movie but it will most likely be rented. I not at all base my 2012 opinions on anything they show me in it, in fact I bet that the 2012 references will be diluted and fleeting while we follow Cusack through "amazing?" car chases and heroic escapes as he dodges earthquakes, floods, asteroids, and bad guys.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
How about you actually learn how the Mayan calender works, from real ancient language scholars. If people actually did this, they might realise that the Mayan calender which is several intetwined calenders, does not end at 2012, its simply shifts phases as it does quite frequently

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

the Mayan calender which is several intetwined calenders, does not end at 2012, its simply shifts phases as it does quite frequently

The prophesy stems from the Myan long count calander!

Read On

We are living today in the cusp of the Mayan end times, the end of a galactic day or time period spanning thousands of years. One galactic day of 25,625 years is divided into five cycles of 5,125 years.

The Great Cycle of the Mayan Long Count calendar ends on the winter solstice of 2012 A.D. Following Mayan concepts of cyclic time and World Age transitions, this is as much about beginnings as endings. In fact, it was considered by the ancient Mayans to signify the creation of a new World Age. We are almost at the end of the fifth and final 5,125 year cycle!

More from Source

The long count calander ends after roughly 26,000 years, with five 5000 year cycles. Our concept of what happens frequently appears to differ (?)

I have always found it intriguing to consider where human evolution was around 5000 years ago during the entrance into the 5th and final cycle. When this current cycle ends it will also end the 26,000 year grand cycle.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think the Masters Of Mass Media set up the whole 2012 discussion
just to make more movies.
Aliens in Flying Saucers in the 50s, Mayan's in Hollywood in the 09 till 12.
The 60s must have chased away the saucers.
Something will put an end to the Mayans and the 2012 agents.
Perhaps 2013.

top topics

join