It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Discovered in Earths Orbit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Strangly silent about this mystery object.
No new info since initial sighting.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I was thinking more along the lines of the: "astronomers in Arizona, New Mexico and Spain". The ones that found it in the first place. I would guess they have the big (and weather proof) telescopes.

I don't blame you for not risking your personal amateur hardware.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman

I was thinking more along the lines of the: "astronomers in Arizona, New Mexico and Spain". The ones that found it in the first place. I would guess they have the big (and weather proof) telescopes.

I sent an email to a couple of the astronomers mentioned in the original report asking if they have any updates. No replies so far.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Big, sure, but probably not weatherproof (not that you can see through clouds anyway). Arizona and new mexico are bound to have less rain than florida though, so I'm sure they've been able to continue observing it. I just wish they'd hurry up and post some refined orbital information. Someone. Anyone. lol.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fanthorpe

RE: The Black Knight

Would somebody from the public domain not have noticed something tlike this before and brought it to somebody's attention, and probably a forum like this?

Yes, there are some threads on it here at ATS...do a search for them.

That thing creeps me out. Apparently there are 2 or 3 of them.
I did hear about this many years ago.

The attempt to pass it off as a part of a shuttle is ridiculous.
Surley they would know if they had painted any of it Black.
And it is said that it is 100 feet in diameter.

As to current mystery object....they need to get a pic of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm starting to get thoughts of that 1985 "Lifeforce" movie. The one with the spaceship full of vampire-gargoyles.

[edit on 10/30/2009 by Larryman]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Does anyone have so updated information about this? The silence in the media is deafening and it seems strange that if it's just an innocuous object, they haven't reported as such.

Anyone???

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm curious about an update on this too...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by maya27
reply to post by druid1

The assigned name/number & article, not the object, which probably doesn't exist.

Why do you say the object doesn't exist? I guess I'm going to have to go take a picture of it tonight, not just because it's close to earth, but to prove it exists lol.

Hello You, I'm waiting for the pic you promised me.

I still think that was a strange name to give it.

So, has no one released any images of the shining one? I will wait with anticipation.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The official NASA press release will read:

"Object is a weather balloon, move along. Nothing to see!"

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

I guess that if the 9U01FF6 really does exist. Then as it has an elongated, 31-day orbit, we will have to wait until Nov 29th until someone gets another look. Or has it just gone off of our radar? Well it is supposed to be travelling at 82,000 km an our 0.2 lunar distances away.
Maybe it is something like Clementine - I would love the equipment to track such an object - Someone please take a photo

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I find it odd that these S-IVB's that were accelerated out into a solar orbit might now be coming back. There is the exception with the problem of Apollo 12's S-IVB-507 and it came back as object J002E3 orbiting Earth. As for the rest, well?
Here is a list on Wiki of all these S-IVB Rocket stages that have been launched

What about all of the S-IVBs prior to Apollo 6 listed on Wiki, with location unknown?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Still waiting for identification of "Mystery Object" - 9U01FF6.

Erasurehead, did you ever receive any reply to your email to the source astronomers?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

So were these items Painted Black?

I have never seen anything that was not Red, White and Blue.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
reply to post by Devino

So were these items Painted Black?

I have never seen anything that was not Red, White and Blue.

They were mostly white with a little black and red "USA" letters.
Here is a picture of one that is not Red, White and Blue, just for you.

Apollo 7 S-IVB in orbit.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

It's a space craft from the planet Ork.

The more ya know...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Still waiting for identification of "Mystery Object" - 9U01FF6.

Erasurehead, did you ever receive any reply to your email to the source astronomers?

I got one reply from an observatory in New Mexico. The astronomer had to give up the telescope after the initial discovery so he was not able to track the object or get a better look. He is hoping to get a look at it again at the end of November when the object swings back around during its 31 day orbit.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thanks, Erasurehead.

Since every astronomer on Earth should now know that it is returning at the end of the month... I would hope someone could get a good picture of it this time.

And can't the astronauts on the space station see (perhaps telescopic photograph) it? Don't they even have binoculars?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

RAF Flyingdales has the capability to scan for and isolate pieces of debris left in and around Earth orbit since the early exploration era THE SIZE OF A BIRO PEN! Or around 5 inches long, and have a comprehensive database that catalogues every piece of space junk that can be found.

Those that doubt this, ask yourself a simple question;

If you were paying for a multi million pound/dollar/euro satellite, civilian or military, would you just trust to luck that a relic from the 60's or 70's the size of a flatbed truck won't come slamming into your equipment at 20,000 mph?

No...of course you wouldn't. These bit's and pieces of junk, have been mapped and their trajectories plotted, since the early days...there is not much up there (from Earth) bigger than a golf ball that they don't know about, and know precisely it's orbital path.

Hundreds of comms, spy, and other satellites up there, and no one knows where all the junk is? No chance at all...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join