It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's UFOs: The Search for the Unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just noticed this posted on C2C. Apparently Canada released some of their UFO files in 2005 & 2007.

These are an accumulation of reports (Over 9500) from 1947 and the early 1980s.

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca...

Anyway, nice to see it made available to the public.

Edited for grammer
2nd Edit: Changed the word all to some of in 2nd sentence.
3rd Edit: Removed external site link & quote.
(My apologies.)

[edit on 26-10-2009 by ByteChanger]

[edit on 27-10-2009 by ByteChanger]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ByteChanger
Just noticed this posted on C2C. Apparently Canada released all their UFO files in 2005 & 2007.

Huh?? Really?

I think that should read, "Canada placed all the files that are public in a source which makes them more available".

Canada does release files which are sourced by sources like RCMP and private individuals talking nonsense to the powers that be. Canada does not release files which are of military interest and does not even admit that it has any such files. It can't release them because Canada is bound to the same secrecy rules as the US military through our common participation in NORAD.

Please stop reporting this nonsense. Canada is every bit as much a bunch of hypocritical liars as the US.

Anyways, why should they tell the public. After all, all the public cares about is stupid reality TV? Truth is only for the people in power with lots of money.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Please stop reporting this nonsense. Canada is every bit as much a bunch of hypocritical liars as the US.

Anyways, why should they tell the public. After all, all the public cares about is stupid reality TV? Truth is only for the people in power with lots of money.

Whoa, bitter much? Jeeeez.

Proof of statement above about hypocrisy?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Just noticed this posted on C2C. Apparently Canada released all their UFO files in 2005 & 2007.

Huh?? Really?

I think that should read, "Canada placed all the files that are public in a source which makes them more available".

Ok, Canada released a bunch of UFO files and placed them on a public database.

Canada does not release files which are of military interest and does not even admit that it has any such files.

Did you even look?

The database contains submissions from
- Dept. of National Defense
- Dept of Transport
- National Research Council (Where the reports seem to end up)
- RCMP.

It can't release them because Canada is bound to the same secrecy rules as the US military through our common participation in NORAD.

Oops. re: National Defense

I was posting a informative link to a database of sightings in a UFO forum. If you think that is nonsense perhaps you've missed the point of the forum.

Why should I tell you?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

Hi. All you have to do is look through the records and observe those which are sourced from National Defence. Its all just junk. There is a lot of stuff which is known which is not in there, such as Shag Harbor and RCAF Squadron Leader Robert Childerhose's photograph taken from an F-86 over Fort Macleod, Alberta on August 23, 1956.

If anyone is interested in any of the military cases from Canada, they should consult civilian sources, such as "UFO Sightings, Landings and Abductions, the Documented Evidence" by Yurko Bondarchuk and published by Methuen Publications in 1979.

cheers.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

Sorry. Please try to not take this personally, but this sort of stuff gets reported frequently and I can tell you as a UFO researcher in Canada that there is simply no truth that Canada has disclosed any "secrets" at all. It is all just normal records from National Archives. And if you take the time to research this, you will find out that the limited files from National Defence are just drivel and lacking in any substance. Mostly just correspondence from the public which is of little consequence to anybody.

Sorry if that pops your big balloon, but really, Canada has not released anything more than the US.

If Canada is a model of "disclosure" then everyone on this forum who is crying for "disclosure" should pack their bags and head home. It has already happened. The US has every bit as much disclosure as Canada and probably more because at least there is all that stuff from Project Bluebook and the Colorado Report out there.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by ByteChanger

Sorry. Please try to not take this personally, but this sort of stuff gets reported frequently and I can tell you as a UFO researcher in Canada that there is simply no truth that Canada has disclosed any "secrets" at all.

Ok. I'll try really really hard.
(But it was my 1st thread)

I concur. There are no secrets revealed. I was not trying to portray that Canada had. It was just a collection of sightings and reports. Boring, yes. I didn't even see any photos. Interesting. Yes. I seen a report of a 300 foot UFO hovering in the sky. I seen a memo where they said 'this was the most interesting case to date'..., (I know whoopie), etc,etc.

It is all just normal records from National Archives. And if you take the time to research this, you will find out that the limited files from National Defence are just drivel and lacking in any substance. Mostly just correspondence from the public which is of little consequence to anybody.

But correspondence from the public is how this whole topic came to light. I find a lot of the reports interesting. Sure, I guess there are statistics on how many are natural phenomena, mis identified airplanes, hallucinations, etc... But I still find it interesting.

Sorry if that pops your big balloon, but really, Canada has not released anything more than the US.

Sorry, was not trying to imply that. Figured if anything, it was similar to 'Project Blue Book', just a little more recent.

If Canada is a model of "disclosure" then everyone on this forum who is crying for "disclosure" should pack their bags and head home. It has already happened. The US has every bit as much disclosure as Canada and probably more because at least there is all that stuff from Project Bluebook and the Colorado Report out there.

Again, I was not trying to portray that Canada was a model of disclosure. Just that there is a database of reports available to the public.

Being just a UFO buff I guess I still find these things somewhat interesting. (arrrg, I tried so hard)

I mean, obviously you did too at one time right? It sounds like you've researched through it in the past and it is all old news to you now. I just discovered it an hour ago...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ok. I mistakenly typed that Canada had released all their UFO records. I should have put Canada had released some of their UFO records. I've edited the OP.

Understandably, there is a big difference. So, my apologies.

I was just trying to post an article about a database I recently found out about.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

RCAF Squadron Leader Robert Childehose's photograph taken from an F-86 over Fort Macleod, Alberta on August 23, 1956."

wow... I just googled "Robert Childehose's Alberta on August 23, 1956" and it brought me here.

Google indexed your msg in an hour... wow

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hello ByteChanger and welcome to ATS. I know this is off topic but as you are new and quoting All news web, I thought you should have a look at this link for yourself.
Vance

Link:
All news web

I hope your stay here at ATS is a joyful for you as it has been for me.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Hi Vance and thank you.

I was wondering why I was having an issue with that url. I'll remove the quote & reference to them.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ok. I mistakenly typed that Canada had released all their UFO records. I should have put Canada had released some of their UFO records. I've edited the OP.

Understandably, there is a big difference. So, my apologies.

I was just trying to post an article about a database I recently found out about.

Sorry if I snapped at you. It is certainly not your fault but there are all kinds of people out there who have been stating that Canada IS a model of disclosure and HAS released all its classified files.

The reality is that there is no way that Canada can release classified military files. If you look through the files released by National Defence, you would think Canada has no army, navy or air force, just a couple of clerks handling correspondence with the public.

The defence of Canadian air space is managed and "controlled" by NORAD. NORAD is jointly managed by the US and Canadian government and I am quite sure that in all things UFO related, the US is calling the shots. (I put "controlled" in scare quotes because I doubt that any visiting ETs are asking permission to fly in Canadian airspace or bothering to file flight plans with any local aviation authority
)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

RCAF Squadron Leader Robert Childehose's photograph taken from an F-86 over Fort Macleod, Alberta on August 23, 1956."

wow... I just googled "Robert Childehose's Alberta on August 23, 1956" and it brought me here.

Google indexed your msg in an hour... wow

That is quite interesting. Google must be scanning active sites on a very frequent basis.

Unfortunately, I mispelled the name in my post. It should read "Squadron Leader Robert J. Childerhose" and the photograph of the UFO in Bondarchuk's book (page 111) was apparently provided by WendelleC. Stevens' UFO Photo Archives. There is also a photo of Childerhose in flight gear on the same page and that comes from Canadian Forces.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sorry if I snapped at you. It is certainly not your fault but there are all kinds of people out there who have been stating that Canada IS a model of disclosure and HAS released all its classified files.

No problem bluestreak53. I understand. It really does change the meaning of the statement, 100%. I appreciate you pointing it out, as it was unintentional.

The reality is that there is no way that Canada can release classified military files. If you look through the files released by National Defence, you would think Canada has no army, navy or air force, just a couple of clerks handling correspondence with the public.

Yes, I agree with you regarding classified files. Also, I kinda have to laugh at the navy statement. At one time, Canada's "West Edmonton Mall" had more submarines then our Navy. It was a inside Canadian joke I think.

The defence of Canadian air space is managed and "controlled" by NORAD. NORAD is jointly managed by the US and Canadian government and I am quite sure that in all things UFO related, the US is calling the shots.

I had not thought about NORAD. It makes sense. It is unfortunate, we need the US's permission, but somewhat understandable in regards to defense. Good point.

(I put "controlled" in scare quotes because I doubt that any visiting ETs are asking permission to fly in Canadian airspace or bothering to file flight plans with any local aviation authority
)

That would be funny, first contact made by John, the air traffic controller. ... "Roger ET.... you are cleared for.... vertical decent!? on runway Alpha2Niner".

top topics

join