It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple _negate_.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi, ATS fans and admins.

After seeing that
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/today.php?negate=25
couts out religion forum,
and
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/today.php?negate=121
couts out "swine flu" forum,

is it possible to put more than one negate ??
. . .somethong like that ?

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/today.php?negate=121,25,47,55
or
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/today.php?negate=121/25/47/55
or
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/today.php?negate=121;25;47;55
or
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/today.php?negate=121 ? 25 ? 47 ? 55

I tried many variations, but can't find the trick ( if it exists ).

. . .MORE than ONE "negate" please ?? B-)

Thanks!

Blue skies.

[edit on 2009/10/25 by C-JEAN]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Some information that may help in future endeavors (skip to the last paragraph if you just want the answer to your question):

A query string is part of a URL that can be consumed by a web application (such as ATS). A query string typically begins with a question mark and its individual criteria are separated by ampersands. It takes a format similar to this: "?key1=x&key2=y&key3=z," where the word that precedes the equals sign is a key and whatever follows the equals sign is a value. Query strings help web developers pass information that exists on one page to another page that needs that information.

Now, with that in mind, do note that how a web application responds to a query string may differ from what you expect due to a number of reasons. Chief among them is how the web developers decided to consume any given query string.

In your case, you can probably just chain several negate commands together to achieve your goal. In other words:

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/today.php?negate=25&negate=121 should cut out the religion and swine flu forums, provided that the ATS web application has been programmed to respond to multiple negate commands and not just the first one that it encounters. I tested this briefly and it appeared to work fine for me.

-FT.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FellowTraveler

Correction: sorry, this approach ultimately does not work. I tried it a few more times and it looks like I was mistaken with my initial test. The last specified value for negate is what is negated. (Honestly, that's how I would expect it to work since only one key can be paired with one value in my experience, but it was worth a shot.)

-FT.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by FellowTraveler]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FellowTraveler

Hi, FellowTraveler.

Thanks for you trials. . . B-)

I also tried according to the good experience I had with the
multiple ???s I have in the command line of TeamSpeak, and. . nada. . .noze. . .
nope. . .it does not work. Only the first negate is done. . .

Wellllllll. . . I'll survive to that. . . B-)

Blue skies.

new topics

top topics

join